main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well the impression I got is that Disney XD is gonna pick up Detours (new Star Wars animated comedy) and ABC is talking about Underworld (new Star Wars live-action between Episodes 3 & 4)

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I would love to see the LAS, I hope Disney won't water it down so it will fit on one of their own channels. Surely they could let another network run it if it was too adult for their stuff.

I would prefer they not do it at all than do it cheaply or tone it down.

fistofan1 and 07jonesj like this.
  3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    If S.H.I.E.L.D. is a big hit then you can bet some type of SW Live Action show will be on ABC.I just hope it's UNDERWORLD and not something else {like a spin off series about characters in the new trilogy}.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Didn't you head about pretty little Jedi?

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That will happen too, but probably not until 9 is out. Since they won't want to kill off characters that might be used in later films in the trilogy...

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol when you mention SHIELD why do I keep thinking Vic Macky

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Pretty much agree with this right here. It's Stawars thats what people want to see. Not the Sopranos.

Like you say make it about the rise of Darth Vader that's who people wanna see and about the formation of the Rebel Alliance etc

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe it was last year, when several rumours emerged of Mara Jade, Ferus Olin and Galen Marek could all make a possible appearance in Underworld. One of the scripts does include a plot surrounding plans for the Death Star.

Boba Fett is meant to be the main character, anti-hero, for the entire series. Underworld was originally conceived to explain how Darth Vader knew all the bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back.

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought the [new] cartoon show was a potential Knights of the Old Republic?

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've not seen much that indicates the LAS would be hugely violent or have a great deal of sexual content. Is that really Star Wars? It could have Star Trek levels of violence and still be good, which I'm sure is a level ABC would be fine with.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would love to see one of the side plots as Bail Organa and Ferus Olin...

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ron Moore wrote some scripts, so perhaps BSG levels of content? I definitely don't expect an 18/Mature rating. Not going to happen.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Just because he wrote one type of sci-fi doesn't mean he'll write another the same way. He was obviously hired because he did a very good modern sci-fi show well.

14. Campy Campelton

Campy Campelton Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    One of the crime families could support the rebels covertly. I don't think there would be enough dramatic tension considering the fact that we all know what will happen to Vader.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Perhaps about Vader though it doesn't have to be about him, but as said in the opening crawl for ANH,The Rebels have won there first victory against the Empire. Easy opening there to show how the Rebellion got started and there early battles. With an 18 year gap there is huge story potential there, I am just sorry they went for the most boring idea imaginable, a gangsta show, only this time in Space !

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Seeing life on Coruscant would be great though! (Optimism, ho!)

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I would love to be proved wrong, though this sounds eerily similar to Caprica by Moore and that was pretty bad. I also have never forgiven Moore for ruining Gul-Dukat in DS9 either.

18. Campy Campelton

Campy Campelton Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    The originality depends on the people involved. Now that Lucas will be less involved i am much more optimistic about this.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I enjoyed Caprica. It did it's job of being a good prequel to BSG and setting up the Adama family and Cylons. Of course it was weaker than BSG but that was to be expected.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    For me the annoying generic Hollywood kids doing all the Buffy fighting in that 30's gangster computer game killed it for me.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That was one prediction from things Lucas and others have said about the show. Beings that it would be on ABC, I could see it could be more along the lines of Bail Organa and Mon Mothma show... With maybe a Jedi who never became a knight or something... (sneezes) Ferus

22. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I really hope this takes form but I hope it's recognisably Star Wars. The rise of the Rebellion, bounty hunters and a whole load of Stormtroopers are things I want to see, things that are meaningful and link the PT and the OT together. I don't know if a sex scene in a Star Wars show or film would gel well with me.

Also, we don't need multiple skyline scenes of Coruscant in every episode; if the showrunners managed to be a bit more conservative then I'm sure the budget could be cut down a bit.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Adult content doesn't mean there'll be sex scenes, it just means the tone will be darker, and touch topics that we haven't had touched in the visual media as of yet.

24. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    07jonesj I know, and that's the route I hope they go in. I think the tone of ROTS's latter half is enough for the LA series, perhaps upped a few notches though.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    You can deal with creation of the alliance, Jabba can probably make a few appearances, bounties get taken out, drug cartels sell death sticks.

My ideal cast:
    Bail Organa
    Breha Organa
    Leia Organa
    Ferus Olin
    R2-D2
    C-3P0

Sometimers
    Darth Vader
    Palpatine
    Boba Fett
    Mon Mothma
    Raymus Antilles
    Ackbar

Basically Organa would be the primary character. Leia would just be observing her father most of the time.
    Rather than setting it on Coruscant. Let Alderaan be the base of operations for the show... We could have a reoccurring villain who is an inquisitor for the Emperor. It should be interesting. Ferus would act as the body guard/agent in the underworld...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.