main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who's cover image will sell more DVD/Blu-rays?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Jan 14, 2013.

?

Who's cover image will sell more DVD/Blu-rays?

1. Ahsoka

25.7%
  2. Obi-wan

40.0%
  3. Asajj Ventress

4.3%
  4. Rex

2.9%
  5. R2-D2

1.4%
  6. Pre-Viszla

7.1%
  7. Darth Maul (Again)

11.4%
  8. Other (Borkus, Gascon, WAC-47, etc.)

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    So here we go...when Season 5 is released for home video, who's pretty face on the box cover will sell the most copies?

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Is the rule that it can't be someone who has already been featured?

And do they have to be in at least one episode?

Given that, Obi-wan would sell the most. But Ahsoka is the cover Gotham needs right now.

3. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be cool to see how a Gregor cover would do, just for the awesome factor of having a Commando as the cover. Realistically, Maul is something that will draw in the casual fans who have only see the films so I'll go for him, even if I'm a staunch supporter of Obi-Wan for Season 5's DVD and Blu-ray.

Seerow likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh my gosh I want to vote for you so badly Rex! You should have had that season 4 cover dammit. However when I think of the kiddies, the 18 year old stoners, the midlife crisis guys with fond childhood memories, or a casual fan/ animation fans like I was when I started walking down the isle at BestBuy (I know, I can't believe people still buy stuff there either!) I think R2-D2 is actually your best bet followed by Obi-wan. Obi-wan is the guy I want to get the cover, however I can't think of a more iconic character to put on the cover then R2.

Screw it, I'm voting for Obi-wan. =b

hlc88 and Watto like this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I didn't even think about him. Would be cool to have a commando even if he was only in the suit for three minutes. But yeah clones don't have the iconic Star Wars cache of Obi-wan or R2-D2.

6. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    but not the one it deserves?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Really and truly the cover deserves Hondo. =b

And Gregor should atleast get a disc.

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Scratch that, Ahsoka is the cover we deserve, but Obi-wan is the one we need right now... For sales and marketing. ;)

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Gregor wont get a disc...he'll get a DISH. To wash.

Joe Antonetti, QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I agree with that 100% - I put my vote in for Kenobi but really wish we'd get Ahsoka. When I think about her character I'm reminded by Filoni and GL talking about how when they started the endeavour, it really began with two premises - it would be set during the Clone Wars and Anakin would have a Padawan. Yet after 4 seasons, she still hasn't gotten a cover....and Darth Maul has. (not that I'm not a fan of Maul - I thought it was sweet to see his face on the store shelves again but Ahsoka really is getting the short end of the stick)

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe they'll include a microfiber cloth with his image to wipe the discs off with...

If Ahsoka gets a cover. I think it should be the one for the final season.

12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Ah! I totally should have put that as an option....well i guess that's what the "Other" category is for.

[face_rofl]

Yea, I think that probably does make the most sense.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan cover

14. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Obi-Wan's definitely gonna get the sales. He's an iconic figure of the whole franchise, and he should be in the cover for the same reason (commercially, not in terms of s5 plot) yoda was in the s2 cover!

Bo-Katan likes this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I voted for Pre Vizsla, because he's going to have a main role in the arc coming up, maybe even as the main villain and he will have a lot of importance on the season. Ahsoka would be my second option since the season has mostly been about her so far and she's going to have a main role in some of the up coming episodes. It could be Obi-Wan or R2-D2 because of the main roles they've had or going to have in the arcs this season. I don't think it'll be Rex, because Cody was already used for the season one cover.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    i guess, but he dies before the arc even ends though...

Bo-Katan likes this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, most marketable ("will sell")? Maul or Ahsoka, R2 or Anakin.

Should be most marketable and deserving (should sell)? Obi-Wan.

R2 is iconic; I could see Ventress or Hondo but not so much on a marketability basis. Maul has become the new marketing tool, perhaps even replacing Ahsoka to the general public, and I assume the poll is aimed at them, not us SW fanatics.

I voted Maul ($) but root for Obi-Wan (heart).

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  19. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Maul got the last one. Obi-Wan FTW!

Wouldn't mind seeing Ventress though.

20. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As much as I love the other characters that have come to us from Season Five, if we are talking about Market image and appeal then Obi-Wan is the one to go with.

Indeed. Given how the number of "Her arcs" this season has been more or less about her involved in things than anybody else. And I know that does not count since Maul was really in one episode last season and got the cover spot.

Obi-Wan FTW... he is perfect for a cover. As much as I want to think it is usually about appearances, but it is not. Like with S3.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Clearly Borkus is deserving of the Season 5 cover.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think any of the more recognizable characters would sell. How well is Ahsoka known about outside of fandom? She might sell a lot to entice young girls to buy it as she is their role model... but if she does get a cover, it should be the final season. Out of that poll, it should either be R2 or Obi-Wan for being the most iconic and recognizable characters (who have yet to have a cover), however as many of you know, in my opinion Season 5 should be Obi-Wan's cover.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  24. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I think the cover should reflect who's season it is but since they don't do that maybe Ahsoka, Obi-Wan should have their go?
    But who would sell more? Boba Fett but he isn't even going to appear this season so they'll better not!
    (like Maul would have fitted better for 5th season instead of the 4th I feel)

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Pre-Viszla (helmeted) if the Darksaber is prominent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.