main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who would win? Daleks or Borg?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 14, 2013.

?

Who would win - Daleks or Borg

1. Daleks! Exterminate!

40.9%
  2. Borg! - Resistance is Futile!

31.8%
  3. Are you kidding?!? The Doctor and Federation would PWN both of them!

27.3%
  1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    So I was perusing the Internet for Dalek stuff after seeing a YouTube video and Daleks vs Borg popped up in the search engine..

Since I am only moderately familiar with Daleks and know a little more about the Borg I decided to see what others thought about it.

Would the Daleks exterminate the Borg or would the Borg assimilate the Daleks?

Or would the collective powers of Voyager, Picard and the Doctor triumphant over both the Daleks and Borg?

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Off the top of my had it's hard to see how this isn't a pretty easy win for the Borg.
    I just don't see what the Daleks have that could resist getting assimilated. They're more straightforward and convention in their weaponry.

Edit: the third option just confuses things. Your thread title is misleading.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    three paperclips!

AaylaSecurOWNED and jp-30 like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Borg would adapt to Dalek death rays pretty fast, but Daleks are genius engineers and would likely create a variety of offensive technology to combat the Borg. Not sure how the Borg could assimilate a race which lives inside armoured shells that burn anything that comes into contact with them, but they could find a way.

Ship vs Ship it seems pretty even, Cubes might be larger but the Dalek fleet is vast as has considerable firepower. Plus the Daleks can create soldiers easily as well as slaves which could be used to draw Borg fire.

Tough as it would be, overall I think the Borg would win (at least in terms of a fight between the two races instead of a space battle).

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't know *** about any of those two franchises, so i'm going to go with the paperclips as well.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The only way the Borg could beat the Daleks (because the Daleks could adapt to the Borg reisisting their death rays pretty quickly as well), is if they assimilated the Doctor.

*looks at her feet* Go away Plot Bunnies!

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Haven't the Daleks been doing their fair share of assimilating recently?

Evil.

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Resistance to extermination is futile!

Lady_Misty and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  10. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    one robocop

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Thread over, Crem won it.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the recent Assimilation^2 comic crossover had the Cybermen defeating the Borg, albeit through deception. Season 2's DW finale had the Daleks easily defeating the Cybermen. This would suggest a Dalek victory.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Cybermen are just armoured though, Borg adapt and absorb weapon fire which Cybermen can't do.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    In the fight game there's a saying... MMA math doesn't work.

Meaning fighter A beating fighter B doesn't really help in determining how fighter A vs C will end up (even with B as a common opponent).

Side note- how did the cybermen beat the Borg? That's hard to imagine.

15. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    If we leave the Doctor and the Feds out of the equation, it's the Daleks all the way. The Borg are out to assimilate their opponents; the Daleks just want them dead. Hence, the Daleks would do whatever was necessary to wipe the Borg out, no matter the cost or whoever got in the way.

Of course, Palpatine would stand back, let them kill each other off, then move in and take over.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They would defeat the Borg with ONE Dalek.

17. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I could be willing to do anything necessary to be MVP of this year's Super Bowl, that doesn't mean it'll happen.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I have no idea where that comic gets off having the Cybermen defeat the Borg. But the Daleks would defeat them for sure. As mentioned, they don't give a crap about assimilating people and things. They don't care about strategic value or anything like that. They just want to destroy absolutely everything that isn't Dalek. Sure, they can assimilate other creatures if they really want to. But generally it's all about pure destruction.

I guess the key is that this would probably have to be a Dalek Empire at work (such as still seems to currently exist since they have a parliament). I don't think the Cult of Skaro with its 4 Daleks would be of much use.

And then the Doctor would beat the Daleks. Again.

19. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    OMG, once again- completely irrelevant. I could be intent on destroying a Navy Seal in a fight while he only wants to subdue me. That doesn't mean I win. It's about means, not intention.

Edit: Preemptive comment about how ridiculous it is to discuss this (can't believe we haven't had one yet)

20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Daleks, for sure. However, given how hilarious the exchange between the Daleks and the Cybermen is in 'Doomsday' ("it's like Stephen Hawking meets the speaking clock"), adding the Borg collective's voice to proceedings would be even funnier. :p

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Dr. Who is terrible science fiction.

The Borg by far.

22. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The Borg. More adaptable and have far greater resources to call upon.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Please. Kathryn Janeway only had to look at Borg Cube to defeat it. The Daleks would stroll in. We always see the Daleks defeated at the hands of The Doctor, but that's because he's the Doctor. Against other - lesser foes - the Daleks would be superior.

24. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Dammit dude, why did you have to remind me of Voyager?

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.