main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC school shooting in Conn.

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Dec 14, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    You know when Bush was in office I face-palmed all the time when my liberal friends kept saying '911 was an inside job to get us to invade Iraq for oil! or some other stupid notion'. I said to myself, 'See, my party would never entertain such an idiotic notion.' Now I slam my head into a rusty metal wall as I see all my conservative friends saying 'GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!!!!!' every time their coffee is too hot.

I can't fathom how people on either side can actually believe the other side is that evil. I think liberal policies are completely idiotic but I would never believe they would murder a bunch of school children. But if that's how the extremes of each party expect from each other it explains why this country is in such sorry shape.

I mean if this was 1941 Pearl Harbor would be an inside job. Normandy would've been a fake Hollywood propaganda piece. :rolleyes:

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, many otherwise normal people still think we need to be allowed to have guns in case we ever need to fight back against the US military. Which totally doesn't have stealth planes, nukes, drones, tons of people, or the cooperation of all your local police forces. Definitely stockpile those rifles.

KnightWriter likes this.
  3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeaah, because in no way did Iraqi insurgents inflict severe and continual casualties on the US military with homemade bombs and Russian leftovers, or continue to do so against an Iraqi army and national police force that has the pick of pretty much any US technology. And it's not like the last civil war we had split the US Army literally down the middle, either.

It's far less about technology equivalents than it is intelligence-gathering when it comes to an insurgency and we sucked at that for years against the Iraqis. Trust me, I know.

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh I thought you were supposed to be freeing them, not fighting them.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, cute. No, wasn't too interested in freeing people who thought detonating car bombs in crowded neighborhoods was an awesome move. Neither did the rest of the people, apparently, given how they turned on them. But I don't suppose someone whose "debate" seems to be intellectually shallow sarcastic remarks would be interested in that. ;)

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's something of a valid point, though - ostensibly the goal was to "liberate" the Iraqi people and consequently civilian casualties were a concern, although you could probably devote an entire thread to the degree to which it was a concern. By contrast, let's say the government is going after you and only you on their own turf and they don't really care what happens to the people around you. Are you really going to win that fight?

Jedi Merkurian and V-2 like this.
  7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Depends. For one thing, Waco wasn't really an "insurgency"-it was a gross governmental overreaction to child abuse allegations. An insurgency's biggest thing is maintaining a credible option to whatever the government line is, and extremist Muslims totally failed at that over the long run because, well, they're extremists without a clear goal or rational points. They're never going to represent a significant slice of popular opinion just because of that.

Disliking the government here isn't an extremist thing by any means-Congress literally hasn't been this hated in years, and government incompetence is the 2nd concern of the country behind the debt problem we're having per Gallup.

I suppose I should clarify again-I don't think we're going to have an insurgency, or the Army in the streets; I just look skeptically on people basically taking the surface of the military vs. civilians ("they have stealth bombers!!!") without really knowing anything about how insurgencies work and seemingly ignoring that the government is far from viewed as anything worthwhile in this country.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well there are people who say those things too, so there are people out there who will find conspriacy theories in everything.:rolleyes:

9. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  11. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    lol. Conspiracy theories....godless religions.

The only conspiracy at Sandy Hook was that of the news media's trolling spouting off all sorts of garbage as fact in their mad dash to scream "FIRST!"

Those airheads are practically creating Orwell's Ministry of Truth and don't even realize it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Yep.
    - Pearl Harbor was an inside job orchestrated by Roosevelt and Stimson in order to finally get the US into Europe.
    - We never landed on the moon...it was filmed in a soundstage....and directed by Orson Welles.
    - Passenger aircraft routinely leave "chemtrails" in the air. These chemtrails are all sorts of nasties by the government from hormone gases to control overpopulation to gaseous flouride that works its way into the water supply to poison us/clean our teeth.
    - Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone, but as part of a CIA team under the direction of Lyndon B. Johnson.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Kennedy one has come up again in the last few days. Or at least the 'Two shooters' theory has.

*snorts* If those contrails are chemicals to control overpopulation, then how come we have 6 7billion people now on this planet?

14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I unfriended someone on Facebook because he kept sending me links to those conspiracy videos. I'm pretty frosted right now.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :oops:I figured the number was somewhere in between 6 and 7.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We reached 7 billion in 2011, and we're projected to reach over 9 billion by 2050.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There are times when my brain doesn't filter in certain news. The population of this planet reaching 7 billion would be one of those times.:oops:

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I believe you mean Stanley Kubrick.

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The names are interchangeable, really.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If Orson Welles had directed it, it still wouldn't be finished.

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  23. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No he really ****ing wasn't.

RC-1991 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Did you read the article?
    That tells me that LaPierre was in fact partly right when guessing the motivation.