main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Pessimism Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    TCW's female character designs often have eyes that are way too slanted to be considered outside of the Uncanny Valley. Shaak Ti is no exception.

Their female character designs are disappointing in general. There's very little diversity of body or facial types. Arms are twig-like and heads are often oversized. Even the Night Owls - as good designs as they are - suffer from this.

Actually, Aayla Secura isn't a bad example of a well-designed female character in TCW, but she's an exception.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Stuff like anorexia and bulimia seem like they must be rampant problems for females in the GFFA. <<:

General Immodet and Togruta like this.
  3. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I agree (although the Onderon and Young Jedi arcs came close to getting it right for me). If each four part arc had been condensed to three parts they could give us one or two more stories each season and cover more material that we do want. The lost opportunities to tell more stories are what frustrates me most. That said, I generally do love the show - sorry, not very good at the pessimism thing [face_clown]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Probably, but that doesn't really make TCW any different from most big-box films--or the rest of Star Wars for that matter, given that Carrie Fisher was told that she was "too heavy" for the gold bikini and was all but forced into a crash diet.

I agree. I just read that the Clovis arc has been pushed to Season 6, although I need to get a source to back that up. It's really, really annoying that the writers think they "don't have time" to do the Clovis arc, which looked interesting in spite of the fact that Clovis should have died at Lott Dodd's hands, but they had time to spend four ****ing episodes on ****ing droids wandering around in the ****ing desert.

Adding to my pessimism, Dave Filoni mentioning on his Facebook page that some of the choices the writers will make will cause a lot of debate going into the summer.

I have a very bad feeling about this.

FARK2005, eht13 and Mr. Atom Bomb like this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Pessimism: Here's the worst 5 episodes of The Clone Wars (IMO), with 1. being the worst, 5. being the best (well, still god-awful).

1. Secret Weapons
    2. A Sunny Day in the Void
    3. Point of No Return
    4. Bombad Jedi
    5. The Gungan General

Not looking too good for D-Squad, eh? It just hurts me that those episodes were created and got through without anyone pointing out to Filoni/Lucas, "Hey, these episodes are absolutely terrible, we probably should just destroy all files, and then destroy all references to those files."

And they managed to make characters more annoying than Jar Jar - which I did not think was physically possible. I'm pretty sure I feel actual pain when Gascon or WAC open their mouths.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are being to harsh. There was nothing that awful in first 3. So basically you put these on top cause of Wac and Jar Jar?! :confused:

There are far worse episodes like Plan of Dissent, Shadow Warrior, Corruption, Evil Plans...

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Too harsh? I think not. I can't enjoy an episode if the protagonist is annoying, and not one I can connect with on any level. Everything happening around the protagonist can be awesome, but if I'm not interested in the protagonist the whole thing falls apart.

I enjoyed Shadow Warrior and Evil Plans. And Plan of Dissent is fantastic!

Corruption is terrible, but not as terrible as the five I listed.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh... Ok. I see. We all our faves and hates episodes. :p

9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Those were the only episodes you did not like?
    Come, on show us some pessimism. :)
    There were a lot more bad episodes!

By the way, I do agree Evil Plans and Shadow Warrior are a lot worse than episodes such as Secret Weapons.

10. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    "Evil Plans" and "Blue Shadow Virus" are easily my two least favorite of the series.

"Evil Plans" to me just angers me becasue not only is it an irritating and frustrating half hour of television, but it also is a complete waste of time because of the memory whipe plot device employed. R2 and 3P0 really get no character development out of the events that occurred so the entire thing is just pointless.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I would put any episode with Gascon and WAC in it on top. Gascon was on screen for all of two minutes before I was ready to turn him into a tasty French dish (if I could cook, that is).

I can tolerate Jar-Jar a little better, but that isn't saying much.

eht13, Esg and 07jonesj like this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I pretty much hate Blue Shadow Virus, Corruption and Pursuit of Peace too. Obviously other episodes have their bad points but those are the 8 episodes that I just can't find anything redeeming in them.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When it comes to things like Pursuit of Peace, I just don't know what's going on.

So the Senate is voting to de-regulate the banks to extend credit lines to purchase more clones. Padme gets this shot down at the end... There has been no fallout from that decision. The Republic is on the verge of bankruptcy, yet needs more clones, Padme defeats Lott Dod's proposal, and...? The Republic would seemingly just get more and more broke because de-regulation of the banks would gouge people with high interest rates? Let the government suffer or let the people suffer, Padme chose to let the government suffer... and...?

Seems like a near bankrupt government that refused to grant de-regulation and therefore cannot order more clones (that a previous episode also established as being increasingly faulty due to degrading Jango DNA) is a HUGE problem. And they are just building on it without showing the consequences.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Plots about bank regulation and interest rates !!!! and this is a kids cartoon [face_thinking]

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It is indeed pretty complex stuff for a cartoon intended for younger viewers; I wonder if kids really liked that episode, let alone understood the political stuff about bank regulations and such.

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    If you threw together an episode with:

1. Lightsaber duels and space battles (lots and lots of action)
    2. Skimpy-clothed females, be it Aayla or random Twi'leks
    3. Threw in political dialogue
    4. Threw in slapstick humor

You'd have an episode that would probably at least entertain almost everyone - some would watch, some would listen, and some might do both!

17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ha ha ha! Plenty of kindling for the summer flamefest! Bring marshmallows!

Seerow, Dark Lord Tarkas, Esg and 2 others like this.
  19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Child: Mommy, what does it mean to de-regulate a bank?

Mother: ...Wha... What the hell brought that up?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I don't hold back much from my kids, I'd probably explain it. And I'd assume they had been watching the news, not TCW.

"It means letting the banks do whatever they want, son."

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I empathize with that list, the majority of episodes I've rated under 6 have been in this season alone.

1:
    Bombad Jedi
    Evil Plans
    Secret Weapons

2:
    Missing in Action

3:
    A Sunny Day in the Void

4:
    Point of No Return (not 100% on this rating yet but it definitely won't be higher than this)

5:
    Front Runners

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    How in the world did this thread get approved

Secondary forum, you've changed

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    We do not need to much action. Soon the series will end being a Steven Seagal movie/series.

I do not think skimpy-clothed females will attract people since the show is an animation show.
    If some of you are attracted to animation figures, I think something is wrong...

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    They should talk about indexes and unemployment!

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The senate approved this thread.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.