main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It can safely be skipped unless your like me and you have to see all of them no matter what.

QuangoFett likes this.
  2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I've invested this much time into that crap, I might as well see how it ends.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The Man of Steel speaks with the Man of Steel:

[​IMG]

JackG likes this.
  4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    And yet JCC and E7 might want to joint this contest. If it is a contest.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like how you think sir. That his point I've put like 2222 minutes of my life into the show, it'd be a waste if I missed out after all that. =b

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Unfortunately, Stalin had Superman killed under paranoid suspicions of treason and Superman was later edited out of the picture.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    How classically Stalinist.

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
  9. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That's actually better than many of the actual Soviet picture edits. :p

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    No.

Here's a great example of can typing:

07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually the current E7 forum attracted some thoughtful noobs. :p

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Have you seen some of the recent conversations in the movie forums here? [face_whistling] Not just Episode 7, but CT, PT, and even Saga too... I don't know what happened, other than the influx of new users.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Are you referring to the random sexist posters? or someone else? I have seen those types of threads, but LACWAC contains worse.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You know I agree with you pretty often, but...not on this. The sexism and homophobia that has come out of the woodwork since the Disney announcement has been horrifying, and it hasn't been in LACWAC. (Ok, there's been some sexism here, but it's been worse in the Movie forums.)

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    VII and JCC offer up way more amusement than LACWAC, there's not nearly enough nutballs here.

SithStarSlayer, eht13 and Garth Maul like this.
  16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    What, no edit?!?!?!? :p

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Partially that, yes, but also just a ton of threads with really dumb discussions. It seems spurred by new users who will ask stupid questions and then argue with everyone that disagrees with them.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    My favourite is the redundant threads that are posted because people think they're the only one to have thought of the topic and can't be bothered using the search function. "Will the Empire be back?" is followed by "The state of the Empire..." and "The Empire in the ST"

eht13 likes this.
  19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah that was always my favorite part of being a mod. "Uh...the exact same thread was posted THREE LINES DOWN". :p

SithStarSlayer, eht13 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    So I watched the second season finale of Iron Man: Armored Adventures for the second time the other night just to laugh at it. It's an hour chock-full of one liners, including the familiar "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Here are the highlights, and by that I mean lowlights:

Rhodey/War Machine is being chased by alien fighter craft, turns around and blows them up with missiles and says "How you like me nao?"

Later, the heroes are knocked down by a squad of space dinos in a gladiatorial death match. The space dinos are jabbering in their space dino language, and Rhodey actually goes "What you talkin bout, Willis Makluan (space dinos)?" Then he blows them up, lifts his arms and says "Say whaaaaat?" :oops:

I didn't know James Rhodes was so street. Guess that's why he goes by Rhodey.

Finally, Tony knocks some space dino down with his repulsors and literally says, and I'm not kidding here, "You just got pwned, son". [face_rofl]

Wtf happened to this show. It was always incredibly stupid with terrible dialogue, including Tony declaring everyone evil fifty times an episode, but I have no idea wtf happened with the S2 finale.

Still, Pepper Potts > Ahsoka Tano

Garth Maul likes this.
  21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, I guess I need to watch that. Any idea if that is one of the ones that's currently on Netflix (streaming)?

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I've got nothing against Marvel as a whole, I love most of the films and I've only read a few comics, and they seem OK. I have fond memories of watching the 90s Spider-Man and X-Men shows, but the cartoons nowadays just seem awful compared to their earlier counterparts from the 90s or even the X-Men shows of the last decade. I tried several episodes each of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, and Ultimate Spider-Man. Not my cups of tea. I never looked at Iron Man though (I didn't know he had a show).

DC I feel like has been doing their cartoons better. And even the old 90s cartoons of Batman and Superman I've felt have held up better. With the exception of Green Lantern (the current show). I hate Green Lantern. Though I've seen it receive generally positive reviews, I just couldn't get through a single episode. I just hate the concept of Green Lantern.

Seerow likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, you can stream it on Netflix.

I have to warn you, it's incredibly simplistic, as in stupid. Seriously, Tony just calls everyone evil all the time. To be fair, the dialogue in the S2 finale, though terrible as usual, was not the norm.

I've never been a big fan of Iron Man, but the show is action heavy with a only few goofy (ie terrible) episodes, the visual style is fittingly all about the armor and tech and the show adapts stuff from the comics in a surprisingly delightful way, even though they've packed 50+ years of comics into two seasons.

I've always hated Teen Tony and Armored Adventures is no exception, he's one of the worst main characters ever. Rhodey, the moral rock, isn't much better.

Shamefully, my favorite part of the show is squealing, fiery red head, damsel in distress Pepper Potts.

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    CT-867-5309 : OK, will give it a try with that in mind... thanks.

I agree with TaradosGon ... I think I prefer the Batman animated shows the most out of all the animated comic book storyline shows. The Spider-Man ones are really cheesy. I haven't actually read any of these comic books, so other than watching the TV shows as a kid (especially Spider-Man and Batman live action shows), my main exposure for this stuff is the live action movies.

25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I only recently started reading comics. Like maybe a little less than 2 months ago. I avoided reading superheroes that I was already familiar with. I have seen enough versions of Spider-Man and Batman that I didn't want to read yet another version of them. I initially just bought a variety of comics and tried to see who I liked, and because they are too expensive to really be blowing through so much money to follow a whole bunch of stories, I tried to whittle it down to just a couple that I liked.

Right now the Ultimate Fantastic Four and Superman are the ones I'm following. I like Superman the most thus far, which in turn led me to go watch Superman - Superman 4 (I had never seen them). I really liked the first one, the latter 3 I didn't like.

I'm also trying to catch up on his reboot that started in 2011. IGN's been giving it abyssmal reviews but I like it (they lost credibility for me when they are given Supes 3/10s, but then turn around and give the lackluster Wonder Woman 9/10s, which I did not like at all).

Also trying to read Dawn of the Jedi and Legacy, though I'm probably going to drop Legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.