main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't wait to make that thread. I need the official info up first however. That's usually not until Wednesday night. However they've been early before, keep your eye out for it.

cwustudent and SithStarSlayer like this.
  2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    The planet is Zanbar, its the Death Watch hideout

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Zanbar? Zanzibar?

[​IMG]

AkashKedavra_93 and jaoblias like this.
  4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Much like how Tanganyika and Zanzibar merged under the Republic of Tanzania, I'm guessing Mandalore and Zanbar will merge under the new state of... Manzania?

5. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The book says it's actually on Tatooine. :)

6. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Crossing my fingers for a cameo by ghost Freddie Mercury.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -sigh- You don't know how much I'd love to be out on the beach right now with my feet kicked up on my boogie board with a Corona in hand. <<:

I wonder if Deathwatch will set Zanbar on fire as well.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I thought he played 3PO in real life?:p

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Someone needs to photoshop Jango in that picture I posted. =b

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Looks like we'll see Buzz Droids again this season.

http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/technology/buzz-droid/

R2-D2 tangled with buzz droids several times during the Clone Wars. He sparred with the relentless wreckers when they swarmed Anakin Skywalker's Jedi starfighter over Cato Neimoidia, and later over Coruscant.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The same way we saw the Droid gunships more than once this season.

Zanbar is a swamp planet so why not?! But they better be careful for swamp gas...

I still find the claim that Mandalore and 2000 systems are neutral... kinda stupid. They are making it out to look like that there is a 3rd party in the War that is still represented in the Republic Senate. It is still just stupid...

Seerow likes this.
  12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Hmmm... part of me is always torn when it comes to establishing things prior to their original 15 minutes in the films.
    Buzz Droids are unique and I really enjoyed seeing them again, but it kind of takes that dangerous edge from their attack on Anakin and Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighters in ROTS when R2 becomes used to defeating them.

Same could be said about Grievous' and Kenobi's several run-ins on the show.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I hate the political situation of TCW. Neutrality works if there are three parties, two go to war and the third stay out of it. It doesn't work if there are two parties at war, and a constituent of one party wants to declare neutrality yet remains in said party. I mean if the Roman senate went to war and one of the senators cried out that he was neutral... he isn't if he stays in the senate... Simply by remaining in the senate he is part of the ruling body of one of the war's participants. It's not the same as something like the Confederate States going to war with the Union and England being approached as a third party and not wanting to get involved.

The TF being neutral is entirely absurd, since they clearly aren't neutral if they are allowed to participate in Republic government. And if the TF was approached and told to contribute its battle droids to the war effort and it refused on the grounds that it's neutral... That's like Gaius Julius being ordered to lead a force against Gaul and him just saying "nah, I'm neutral." Not going to fly.

I can't think of anything like the convoluted political situation in TCW happening in the real world.

If a lord summons his vassals and one refuses, his land and titles are taken from him. He does not get to keep his position in government. Palpatine isn't a lord, but still, if the United States went to war and Michigan decided to pass... what does that even mean if Michigan still participates in the US government, pays taxes, etc.

It was one thing if Lott Dod discredited Gunray as a traitor and insisted that the Trade Federation was still very much loyal to the Republic. It's another if they are going to claim neutrality. Especially when it was established by Lott Dod that if Toydaria helped out the Republic, then TF ships would also come under attack by the CIS for dealing with Toydaria. Yet, that doesn't stop the Trade Federation from having deals with the Pantorans?

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Like the methane planet on Titan A.E.? xD

15. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    When I watched the episode, I didn't think Mandalore was supposed to be representing itself as part of the Senate, I saw them as appealing against Republic intervention and they couldn't realistically do that without sending a senator/representative to the Senate to actually appeal? Hmm

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I only saw the Mandalore arc episodes once each. I don't actually remember where they fit into everything. I knew that Mandalore was being discussed, but I used the opportunity to vent my frustrations about the Trade Federation's neutrality. Sorry for any confusion. My bad. :D

17. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    Ahh okay, I agree about the trade federation neutrality, i don't understand that.. then again I don't understand why corporations were represented in the senate either.. it would make more sense if Lott Dod was the senator for Cato/Neimoidia, but he isn't is he?

18. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Well in the book its Tatooine when they were roaming around threw Jabbas Palace and Zanbar does not look like that.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think so, but I'm not actually sure. I don't know if Cato Neimoidia exists as a sovereign planet separate from the TF, or if the TF controls Cato Neimoidia.

20. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    The Battle of Cato Neimoidia must be in the Ahsoka Arc then!!!! I knew it!! The model for the buzz droids were created for Point of No Return, and Clovis was produced way before this episode, so that must mean that the battle happens in the first part of the Ahsoka Arc!! It feels so good to know I was right!! :D

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    What Ahsoka arc? The one with Cato Neimoidia or the one which has her running for her life?

22. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    The one where's she running for her life. :p

It seems the season might end at episode 20, seen as though they only have 3 and 4 episode arc's to show, and there is only enough space for two more episodes, and they want this season to end with the Ahsoka Arc.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow exactly like that...

The Trade Federation thing is a mess and I hope the S5 Cato Neimoidia battle is an indication that the show is trying to fix this mess.

24. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Dave Filoni recently posted on Facebook:

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well said by Mr. Filoni! I loved the last two arcs.

Via the official TCW page. I think it ties the season nicely and gives a nice connection to the events we have seen...

And has Tarkin admiring Grievous!