main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    In this case: Yes. Thanks to this cover I'm watching TCW. [face_laugh]

Seerow likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think this German version isn't bad, but I prefer what the American covers have been. I appreciate that they're doing something different from the collage of characters, albeit something as simple as a character portrait. I think the portrait works well for the small "canvas" of the DVD/Blu-ray cover.

More importantly, they've started the theme of portraits, it would be lame to stop now and ruin the pattern. Its bad enough they stopped doing the Blu-ray sets with the books included.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow, I like the German cover. o.o;

There really aren't enough group imagines from this show. ><!

Still, I like the Yoda cover better. Cody's season 1 cover is still boss. B)

4. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I think the covers should relate to the season entirely, like the one's from the saga DVD's.

This image is cool, something like this should of been made for Season 1 but just in the show form.

[​IMG]

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Wait, isn't that a picture of the German Season 2 DVD cover? I've got the Blu-Ray and it looks exactly the same as the U.S. box with the embossed logo and Yoda close-up. Darn... once again I've reminded myself that I've bought the set years ago and have yet to take it out of its foil. [face_plain]

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    This image by Grant Gould (you might know him from his work on the old TCW webcomic) is similar to what I'd like to see on the DVD covers:

[​IMG]

Garth Maul, Togruta, 07jonesj and 3 others like this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That would be amazing. I want this poster! o.o;

Maybe when they release the complete collection. I know they will since I've been avidly collecting them.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Follow the links, presumably.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    As I mentioned elsewhere, how this show does not yet have its act togther after all this time is beyond me. They learn nothing from their mistakes and fail to live up to their word time and time again.

12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Has this been posted on LACWAC yet??

VIDEO CLIPS GO IN THE VIDEO THREAD.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
  14. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Germany be praised for having such an awesome cover for Season Two! This is exactly what I wanted to see.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo....

Wait!? What will fill the void in this season?

16. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    A sunny day in the void, obviously.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It seems that Season 5 will just have 20 episodes.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_laugh] Now I see what I did there... Sorry for the pun.

But seriously... Maul is episodes 14,15,16 and Ahsoka is supposed to be the finale with episodes maybe 20,21,22. And if the show is following the dumb four episode format again, they will have episode 19 part of her arc too. So there are going to be what 2 episodes to fill with something....

That is not possible, they will not let the season be different.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Many shows have seasons with differing amounts of episodes in them.

Zap2it is generally reliable for TCW airing dates, and they have eps 14-16 as the Maul arc, and eps 17-20 as the Ahsoka arc.

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That hurts my nerd-parts. [face_sigh]

07jonesj likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... I'll stay cautious about this and believe it when I see a more official announcement. I know Zap2it has been accurate in the past, but...

-sigh- May be a sign CN is going to pull it soon.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Thought it was moving to Disney XD next season?

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I haven't seen anything yet the proves that. However if a move were to occur next season it might cut this season short. I could see Cartoon Network dropping it early if it appears they are going to lose it. Cartoon Network also seems to be transitioning toward an older target audience than the 6-11 year old boys they've been targeting almost exclusively since 04 which is bound to cause some loses. They might actually be glad to see TCW go.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think I've missed a post on this; between work and my kids' swim practice I've only been scanning threads on my phone. But anyway, from Dave Filoni's Facebook page:

"Now however playtime is over, Darth Maul is back. Be prepared, for the next two arcs of this Season are not your average Clone Wars episodes. There are definite consequences for some of our favorite characters in the weeks ahead. These are episodes of great deeds and terrible acts, where our heroes are tested, and not all prevail. Maul’s quest for power will not go unnoticed by the other villains in the series, the best lightsaber fights we have ever filmed are in the episodes ahead, you will have to decide which one is your favorite.

I hope as fans you can in time understand some of the choices we made as this Season comes to an end. I know some of the things that are going to occur will cause much debate as we go into the summer.

Do what?

The rest of his post had to do with the droid arc and "giving R2 a chance to shine." Dude. R2 has shone in every Star Wars movie. He is arguably the real hero of Star Wars. You did not need to make four extremely annoying episodes featuring trips through the desert and an egotistical frog colonel who won't shut the **** up in order to give R2 a chance to shine.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I don't know how you can film a lightsaber fight that you've animated.