main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who would win? Daleks or Borg?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 14, 2013.

?

Who would win - Daleks or Borg

1. Daleks! Exterminate!

40.9%
  2. Borg! - Resistance is Futile!

31.8%
  3. Are you kidding?!? The Doctor and Federation would PWN both of them!

27.3%
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given the Daleks were created from mutated forms of their original race (Kaleds), it seems likely Davros would have given them immunity to the extensive radiation and other types of bio-weapon the Thalls or whoever might use on them. Daleks are smart enough to adapt over the years so it's entirely possible they are able to resist most attempts at corrupting their bodies.

Also, if the Borg tried to assimilate the mutant itself, who is to say it wouldn't backfire? We saw how a Human was abosorbed by Dalek Sec and became a hybrid controlled by his mind, perhaps if a Borg attempted to assimilate a Dalek being they would take it over and then become walking Borg-Daleks and then destory the Collective [face_thinking]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They absorb human DNA by accident pretty easily. I think it's safe to say the Borg's methods are more resilient.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    When they absorb DNA they are able to manipulate it for their purpose (a Dalek absorbed Rose Tyler's DNA and used it to regenerate itself, it didn't suddenly become part human), they can be affected by it to some degree but they seem to largely be in control of themselves which would be to their advantage and not the Borg's.

I still say it would come down to a space battle given that after a brief few moments of slaughter the Borg would adapt and be immune to Dalek soldier weapons. Exactly how the Borg would damage Daleks though I'm not sure, the drone attacks tend to involve advancing slowly and then killing or assimilating at close range which doesn't seem like it would be very effective against an armoured being with a forcefield.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I also see that same stalemate as I'm not swayed by, "But Daleks are such bad asses!"
    arguments :)

My guess is the Borg get close enough (damaged Dalek, getting onboard a ship) that they can begin assimilation.

What I can't remember is how a Borg accesses/assimilates technology vs organic.

When the Borg went on board the Enterprise a drone started accessing the ships systems and information right away. A Dalek is a rolling tank but also a computer, they can interface with other computers, etc. so would a Borg be able to interface with a captured/damaged Dalek?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I still say the only way for the Borg to win against the Daleks is if they assimilated the Doctor.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Doctor was recently able to access the computer systems of a Dalek remotely via his magic wa- er, sonic screwdriver. The Borg aren't as advanced as the Doctor, but it shows the Daleks' tech is hackable remotely at the very least.

Then again, the same could be said of the Collective's link.

I thought that was what happened? It was taking on characteristics like the emotions of a human, which is why it killed itself.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    And Donna hacked into the Daleks from the Tardis control panel in her final story arc when she became a Doctor-sidekick hybrid for like 5 seconds.

Daleks need a better firewall.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe so, but it was still in control of itself mostly hence the decision to die. Borg want to conquer and therefore aren't so different from Daleks which suggests to me that it would be easier to overcome DNA merger.

Of course it could work for the Borg if the Collective can gain control of the Dalek network.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Away from the versus debate, I received my copy of volume 1 of the Assimilation2 comic today and read it all in one sitting. Quite enjoying the story so far.

Juliet316 likes this.