main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #1: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 1 (of 6, not 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have seen similar uniforms elsewhere though. I thought they were just kind of a generic Republic look.

Heck, if you think about it, the rebel troopers look pretty similar to Imperial Navy Troopers. Even as a kid I was sure they had similar origins.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, we see those uniforms (and those helmets) in KOTOR and TOR certainly but those came later, OOU. It certainly muddles things though.

Hm, I hadn't thought about the similarity in hats with the Imperial Fleet troopers though.... good point.

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    They do, both are formed from the Planetary Security Forces the worlds of the Republic kept before the Clone Wars and even have parts of the personal from those, along with equipment.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Exactly. The EGTW pointed out that the uniforms of the PSF's became more standardized over time, with worlds copying the common looks used in the Core. Of course, the PSF's were originally inspired by the Republic Navy's habits and look.

So basically, that is why Imperial Navy Troopers, Rebel Troopers, and KOTOR-era Republic troopers all use that same helmet design. Tradition!

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    This is just for Nick, but everyone is going to appreciate this. In fact, everyone is going to appreciate the entire series. Watch it.

AdmiralNick22 and krtmd like this.
  6. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    So, my copy of Saga Volume 1 just arrived from amazon. I'm sold from the cover - breastfeeding! In a comic!

I'm all a twitter...

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If the cover doesn't sell you, the first page will.

krtmd likes this.
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Saga is love.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    That was freaking hilarious! [face_laugh]

--Adm. Nick

10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I thought you'd like that. That whole episode is full of win.

11. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Just got finished reading this.... Enjoyed it a lot, I said it before but this series is in good hands with Brian Wood, his last stint on an X-Men title was great. The art was also great..

Rebels looking for a new home, Leia coming off as a badass, and the Emperor undermining Vader, makes me wanna come back for issue #2... I have a good feeling about this title on Woods hands.

12. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Just got finished reading this.... Enjoyed it a lot, I said it before but this series is in good hands with Brian Wood, his last stint on an X-Men title was great. The art was also great..

Rebels looking for a new home, Leia coming off as a badass, and the Emperor undermining Vader, makes me wanna come back for issue #2... I have a good feeling about this title in Woods hands.

13. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    This really reminded me of the new BSG. The setting & scouting mission gave off that sort of vibe and Luke and Leia chatting reminded me of Apollo & Starbuck. I don't consider it as a negative though. It's a little bit tough to get into these 'early years' again but I'm sure I'll be hooked after I've read more. I'm liking Leia a lot in this. The Vader design was also nice, very McQuarriesqe I thought.

I wonder why the issue sold like crazy though. Because it was simply Star Wars #1?

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    #1's typically sell better. Brian Wood is pretty popular comic writer, so his involvement likely drew the interest of people who don't usually read tie-in fiction.

15. Skuldren

Skuldren Jedi Knight

Mar 14, 2007
  16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Not fond of that variant, tbh. Han looks kinda... odd, and Leia seems too thin.

kataja likes this.
  17. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    Something's seriously wrong with Leia's face haha. What's wrong with your face?