main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I'm going to have to replace the case and PSU as they were a single item, but it's just a case of waiting for the replacement parts.

Core i5 is Intel. :p
    Corsair RAM.
    Sony DVD+- RW.
    500W is fine, and it came with the case.

I like how you've derailed this with details and tech specs of my computer! :p

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to PM my story or post it here! At any rate my diary "I, Rogue 9" can be found here! Everyone check it out!

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I know we can post our first posts here, are we allowed to do so with our updates?

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Just going by past years: no. If everyone posted here when they updated, this would be one loooong thread and not much discussion would happen. Pm the sock when you update.

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That's what I've been doing, and I pretty much figured that was the answer. I just thought it important to ask publicly so everyone will know since I didn't see that detail in the rules.

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Please pm the sock. Maybe the rules should be updated since certain questions continue to be repeated.

Did you pm the sock as well? It makes it easier for me to track through pms when new stories are started.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  8. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The diary that I was going to write about Qui-Gon through the JA series is not going to happen. Between emergency computer shopping a week ago after the hard drive on my five-year-old laptop decided to start dying and other distractions, I just never got it started. Maybe next year...

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I just need to get around to typing up the next entry for mine. Been a bit distracted as of late.

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm not sure if anyone asked this yet but is it okay simply to tag the Dear Diary Sock instead of sending a PM?

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I would've thought it'd be easier to send a PM, seeing as you can add several people to the same conversation. Then you just need to send one message and it gets to everyone.

14. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I don't send PM's anymore, unless I want to have a conversation. I only tag for updates because it's faster and way easier.

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've converted to the tagging system - I just find it quicker and it's one less page my internet has to load. Though I am still sending the Sock a PM.... Which I forgot to do last time I updated. I just realized this. I better go do that now.

I know it might be more confusing, but can we tag the sock instead of sending a convo? Then you can go to the alerts page and see when it was tagged.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm actually doing PM's this year.

I'm finding the tag system to be a bit unreliable. I know we can't copy/paste them from other posts because they paste as links instead of tags, so i tried copy/pasting them from a word file and then some work while others don't. Typing them works well for small tag lists but if it's a long one, i end up forgetting to type someone's name.

17. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    IIRC, if you edit a post with a tag in it, the forum software sends out an alert - again - to whomever was tagged.

testing: my other sock

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    JediFalcon. Is voting done for the 2012 Dear Diary Challenge? If so, who won?

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Im not gonna bother pming or tagging the Sock except for the two required updates per month. At the rate Im updating my diary, the Sock is gonna end up with update spam from me :p

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    WOOT! Congrats Hazel!!!=D=

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay, congrats!

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, congratulations, Hazel :)

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations, Hazel!!

I'm offering to tag or PM, whichever the person would prefer. I find it's sometimes hard to figure out a difference between someone just tagging you to get your attention and tagging you for a story when you go back and look at your tags page (when you can't read something right away).

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D [face_dancing] :D
    YAY!!! Thanks guys.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.