main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kenobi's Son

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Glad we are discussing the Jedi just having random anonymous sex.

"You want to come back to my place"
    "I want to come back to your place"

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hell with Kenobi - think of how many kids a guy could have in 900 years. o_O

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm just going to leave this here...

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm enjoying this thread. Descendants of Kenobi would be interesting. Satine as his baby momma begging him to come see his kid and him telling her it ain't the Jedi way would be hilarious.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Satine could be usurped and have to move to Tat with him...

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    If she was usurped, she probably go back to her homeworld after getting booted off of mandalore. She would still be a duchess there.

7. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Obviously you haven't seen this ;)

Language, you can't embed that.

Edit: Damnit beaten by Rogue Follower

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I always imagine that osteoporosis was the cause for some of Yoda's height at his age. Maybe a few feet taller in his younger days...

9. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Mmm... I don't know if I'd like the idea of Kenobi having kids. Too much it seems the 'in' thing to have an anonymous love child in the EU, something that goes against Kenobi's personification of what the ideal Jedi seems to be.

Besides, Kenobi, doesn't need a genetic offspring to 'live on.' He lives on through the Force, and through the teaching of Luke and Luke's teaching of the Jedi Order. Him just merely having a child just to have one, would be like saying "Hey Kenobi, training the guy who redeemed the Chosen One and restored the Jedi Order just isn't enough. You need to have a child, who somehow the very existence of trumps all of that as a legacy."

Let Kenobi stand on his own. He's done more then the mere existing of a thousand of his offspring could ever match. It's why he rocks, cause he kicks butt and takes names through what he accomplished. [face_dancing]

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Or we could go with the theory that Jaden Korr was clone in 1 ABY... yet we don't know who the template Jedi was he was cloned off of. Never know, rather than giving Kenobi a child, let him be the genetic template to a Jedi in the new order, with none of the memories... Isn't that what a kid is, passing down half of your genes? With a clone (without the memories), you pass down all your genes

TychoCorde likes this.
  11. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    OK, so I read through this thread and it's very interesting. While I don't think this will happen, I thought up, what I think is, a pretty cool story idea. At first I was thinking about Siri, but then read in the wook that she died in the Clone Wars (I'll admit that I did not read the books she was in as I'm not a big fan of the prequel era books). And someone else mentioned Satine...

So...in RotS, Yoda laments that he failed the jedi (that could be taken as that he failed to defeat Sidious, and/or that he failed the jedi order with his leadership). He also learns how to "commune" with Qui-Gon Jin, who is "one with the force". Yoda also tells OB1 that he has some lessons for OB1 before they both go into exile. One of those lessons is obviously to "commune" with Qui-Gon, who will teach both Yoda and OB1 how to become force ghosts. Another lesson could be that Yoda has come to the conclusion that some of the jedi code (i.e. relationships) needed to be changed. After these lessons, Yoda goes to Dagobah and OB1 delivers Luke to the Lars on Tatooine.

I believe there are books, young readers, that depict OB1 leaving Tatooine at times during the following 18 years while he is watching over Luke. With the upcoming "Kenobi" book, we're told that OB1 has to learn how to stop being OB1 and become Ben. We don't know what that really means, but we know that he at least has to hide from the Emperor and Vader...which I'm assuming will mean that he doesn't act like a jedi anymore, or at least in public and possibly even learns how to hide his presense in the force (but, since Vader senses him on the Death Star, I kinda doubt that one). So, at some point within the first year or so after RotS, either "Ben" goes off of Tatooine and somehow meets (whether intentionally, or by accident) Satine, or she somehow finds him on Tatooine, but either way they "get together". There are a few options here. One being that they stay together on Tatooine helping him to not appear as a jedi and even possibly following what Yoda told him, but something happens to her and he assumes her dead, or it is a short term relationship and she leaves. She then has a child...a daughter. Some time later, somehow, Palpatine or someone in his employ, discover that Satine's daughter is force sensitive and he/they kill Satine and take the daughter to train as one of the Emperor's Hands, changing her name to Jade. At some point, through the force, Qui-Gon learns of this child and tells Yoda.

This could give new meaning to force ghost OB1 and Yoda's lines in ESB:

OB1: "That boy was our last hope."
    Yoda: "No. There is another."

Of course, in RotJ, OB1 tells Luke that "the other" was Leia, but OB1 may not have yet known about his daughter. Hey, it's possible. And, since Luke was able to redeem his father and Anakin throws Palps down the shaft (which I believe means we could see Palps back in the ST...why? Because we got Maul back after he was bisected and fell down a shaft and Luke dropped himself down a shaft and survived and we know that GL likes to repeat themes/ideas), there was no need to count on Mara, daughter of Kenobi, as the other hope.

Later on, after marrying Luke, Mara could have discovered the identity of her parents...hence...Ben Skywalker...the legacy of the Skywalker and Kenobi line.

Again, I doubt this would happen, but it's cool to consider.

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Not gonna happen, but I wouldn't mind if it happened.

13. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    If Ben were half Skywalker/half Kenobi, he would have to be the greatest Force user in history. He'd have to be.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    *Sets to work on an entire nine-book series about Jar Jar Walton Binks, Jr.*

"It rhymes, you see."

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Silas, no. Not really. Anakin Skywalker was the greatest...he was "concieved by the force" and had the highest midi-chlorian count. He had children through a non-force sensitive wife. We don't know if Luke or Leia were ever tested, but it would be assumed that they would be a little less strong in the force (i.e. lower midi count) than Anakin. On the other hand, Kenobi, though a good jedi warrior (evidenced by him defeating Anakin/Vader on Mustafar), was not as strong in the force (i.e. did not have an especially high midi count like Yoda or Anakin). So, if he were to produce children, especially with a non-force sensitive (like Satine as I have suggested above) would produce an even less powerful force sensitive child. So, Luke and Mara's (if she were a Kenobi offspring) child would not be the strongest jedi ever. However, he'd been probably the strongest of the existing jedi of his time.

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    We don't know how genetically midichlorines are passed down. Until we are told how... It is however safe to assume, nothing goes higher than Anakin Skywalker... The question is Yoda levels?

17. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Luke has reached and probably past Anakin level at this point. Force sensitivity is inherited in many bloodlines too, so there is a genetic aspect to it as well.

18. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Didn't Lucas say that Luke is what Anakin was supposed to be? If Luke could defeat a cloned, young Palpatine, something Yoda most likely wouldn't have even been able to do, it's safe to assume that Luke would be the absolute greatest. Him having a child with another Force sensitive, Kenobi's daughter (hypothetically) at that? It would be unprecedented. Anakin was amazing as a young Jedi, but he never reached his potential. He wasn't the greatest Jedi of all time. Not by a long shot.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But he had more potential than anyone. I always wondered why Anakin never chatted with Luke while he was a force ghost...

Silas Allender likes this.
  20. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, if the Lake of Apparitions in the FOTJ series is any indication, he probably was being punished for all the wrong he did. Even Mara had to deal with the consequences of her actions.

21. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Wait, what? I never read FOTJ, but that doesn't seem to be in keeping with the spirit of the movies' take on how redeemed individuals fare in the afterlife.

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    It is FOTJ it has a lot of other problems as well….

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's true....... unfortunately. Blargh.

24. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I did not really have a problem with the Lake of Apparitions it was a good way to see Jacen in the after life and get a some what answer for what he did. Also seeing Anakin again was a plus in my book.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I still believe that Ben is the spiritual continuation of Anakin, if not in the books, at least in spirit

Jedi_Glover likes this.