main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Two words...

Staweh-Tam Ford ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Very true. But that would require . . . injuries to key players! :eek:

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I've been offline since Sunday night and come back to find myself on the clock for the second round. Give me a little bit to catch up and figure out what I want to do.

EDIT: Picks are in.

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Shouldn't you expect that kind of frenetic activity out of us by now? ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Fast-paced drafting!

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Aren't you on the Clock?

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You seriously think I wouldn't make my pick as soon as I got on a computer? ;)

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    So I'm doing some research and have one question Jedi Gunny - have you been running the Senators since 246?

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Since 262. Why?

10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Because the stuff that Trieste sent me the Senators have been part of the ELL since the beginning of the Crendan Era.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm pretty sure that the official history goes back to the beginning of the ELL, and then keeps going back. I've set up some previous history myself after taking over.

I think the reason why it shows that they first arrived on the scene was because that was probably the first incarnation of the game, and thus anything prior to 246 didn't exist yet. But you'll have to ask him about that . . .

12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Senators have been around for a very long time. And for those of us old enough to remember, they used to suck pretty bad. Then, there was this guy named Jedi Gunny, who came along and reminded us why Coruscant is the seat of galactic power in the Limmieverse™.

Gone are the days of checking off the Senators as an easy win. Alas, they shall never return.

I fear for the future, my friends, I really do.... :p

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I remember Trieste mentioning that fact when I first sent in my CS for this game oh so long ago. That entire first season was mostly about Gark trying to get fans interested in coming out to the stadium because the team sucked so badly (and hence why, when I went back in time on flashbacks, I keep mentioning the Crendan Era struggles. Hall of Fame post on the Temp boards, anyone?)

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm thinking more of your post quite a while back about Gark going into the film room and discovering the history of the team, including the speeder/ship/whatever crash that killed the whole team, and one of your then-current players (Dirxx?) losing his father in that crash. Of all of your posts, that one sticks out the most for me, with the rescue of the kidnapped team a close second.

Trieste likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That was a while back, wasn't it? It's too bad that post got captured in the clutches of the board truncation issue; I'd like to read it again.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, the Senators in the Crendan Era were a league staple in the game from 246-261, but rudderless despite the odd, out of nowhere championship. And ruining the Miners' playoff run in an all-road season in 246 that culminated in a third seed that they had to play on Coruscant despite being the higher seed.

Now, you're thinking to yourself, "Why did the Miners play an all-road game season?" Well, the answer is that when Liam and I started this game, it was set in 216 ABY. However, we hit this period after a few seasons where a number of our characters were getting older (for example, Fionn Trieste, Kerry's father) and we wanted to focus on the younger, upcoming generation (Kerry). However, we would have had to wade through quite a bit of time to get there. So we decided to advance the timeline 30 years. What happened in 216 now happened in 246 (because the game was quite small at the time, there was universal consent for this--don't worry, I have no plans to do this again and screw with everybody's ideas ;)). We retconned everything that now was in conflict.

So that 246 Miners season was played on the road due to an extensive, nearly two year rennovation to Bakura Gardens. "But what was going on in 216 that would have had them playing on the road?" now you ask. (Well, gee, look at you with all your questions. :p) That is a story that I intend to tell later in this game. :D

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I certainly remember you dropping a hint about something around that time period a while back. I think it was when my team ended up having to move venues due to the structural damage done at Andromeda.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ok, this latest draft update was amusing to me.

Glad you asked. Because I sent two names to Trieste for this pick. The first was Gunman Forp. But not knowing what Gunny was going to do, I also threw a contingency pick in there in case he took Forp. That contingency was Reid Livingstone who just happened to be Gunny's choice. Yes, I am easily amused. :p

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I did the same thing for my second-round pick. ;) Except that my first choice ended up being the player I was able to take. So I understand all too well.

Oddly enough, I end up getting both players I listed in that PM. Talk about irony. :p

So, I end up getting two players listed on my mock draft for myself . . . just a round later than I had originally figured.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    This has been a good draft for me too. I got all my "top choices" for each slot. Which of course means anither 1-6 season for me I am sure. :p

[​IMG]

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You can still go 2-5. :p

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I shall say nothing about my draft since it's not done. Somebody's got to choose Mr./Ms. Irrelevant!

24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    When the pick I was going to make in the first round went to another team, looking at you Bardan :p, I had to take the ole 'BPA' approach.

Honestly, glad I did. Ones fortune is always changing!

See the pun there? Ha ha!

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    **coughONTHECLOCKcough**

:p

26. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    oops. [face_blush]

[​IMG]