main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not an expert but I did have a Padawan who went through the trials. It wasn't very good and I'd have to look it up, but it was in Before, I think.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    All this talk about the flu has made me sick. :p I slept about 18 hours yesterday and I will probably do the same today. I don't think it is the flu. I am not vomiting or have a fever or congestion. I just feel exhausted, queazy and a little dizzy. I get this way maybe once or twice a year and it usually lasts two days. I'm not sure what it is. A stomach bug maybe.

I hope everybody else out there is feeling well.

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I actually do know someone. A while back he wrote an amazing story about a young Padawan who goes through the trials.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/schism-nano-story-ocs-belated-final-replies-and-thanks-7-1.29504171/]Shism[/url]
    The problem is, that the story is still cut at the word limit. I'm not sure if he uploaded the story on fanfic.net but you might want to take a look.

Otherwise, just make something up. :) And if you need help, just let me know.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Right now, I'm feeling under the weather (since the weather really sucks right now... I hate it when it's cloudy and no precipitation -- in my mind, if it's not gonna rain or snow, it should be sunny out).

On the bright side, my muse is keeping me busy :p

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wish that was the case for me. I feel shaky and unable to concentrate, so I'm having problems writing. I have been reading more fanfics, though. Somebody write me some Get Well L/M smut! :p

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So, my old netbook has been giving me problems for a while. I got a new one in October, but it needed a new memory card and Windows 7 installed on it (came with Win 7 Starter, ugh). I finally got the new os and memory card installed . . . and now it says it has no network adapter and needs a pci device driver, and ones for the ethernet controller and the network controller. And given that I can't access the internet on that one (duh, no network), I have to hunt it down and download it on this one, then transfer it over and install it on the other one. *eye twitch*

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Computers are great...until they decide they don't want to work anymore. My laptop still turns off if I have any static electricity in my body. Maybe I am freakishly electric. My son says he never has a problem with it when he borrows my laptop. But he never wears shoes in the house and I do, so I doubt he is building up an electrical charge.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've never heard of that problem. Huh.

Found the correct drivers, installed them, and am now running windows updates. Also got the antvirus installed. Not looking forward to getting everything moved from this computer, but I've been backing it all up gradually, so it shouldn't be too hard to just plug in the external and go.

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Just how smutty do you want it? [face_mischief] Board-friendly or something that can only be shared in PM? [face_whistling]

TrakNar likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My muse has flown the coop again, but it comes back to force me to work on sketch cards until my wrist gives out. I'd wear a brace while drawing, but I can't find mine and I don't like the thumb strap and how it bumps against my pencil. I have a stabilizing glove... somewhere, but I can't find it. This carpal tunnel is driving me crazy because it's interfering with my work, but since it only acts up when I draw or write, then it's not really a big enough problem to get it looked at. At least according to my insurance. [face_plain]

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My muse is overactive, but I don't have the energy to obey it.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar. Board friendly L/M mush would be greatly appreciated. I am home for the third day straight.:(

13. JediGalaxySparkle

JediGalaxySparkle Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2013
    Fanfiction is awesome. :D I already have some Fanfics kid TV shows that have to be posted still and my Star Wars Fanfics are still in the process of being constructed. But I can't wait to share the stories with you all.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Fanfiction is awesome! I look forward to reading some of your stories. Welcome to the Fanfic Forum!

15. JediGalaxySparkle

Jan 17, 2013
    Thank you. :D And I've read some of your stories. They are quite amazing. XD

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_blush] Thank you! [face_blush]

17. JediGalaxySparkle

Jan 17, 2013
    Your very welcome. :D I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner lol. :p XD

18. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    That was my exact feeling when I finally joined. Where has this been all my life?!?
    Welcome!

Iverna likes this.
  19. JediGalaxySparkle

Jan 17, 2013
    Thank you. :D It's nice to meet lots of Star Wars fans once in a while. :)

20. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Quoting an empty text box because I have this remarkable inability of tagging you properly, Iverna.

I keep forgetting to ask- can I still shamelessly solicit your cover art services?

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hope you feel better, J_L!! [:D]
    Welcome to the boards, JediGalaxySparkle !

Well, I've been home visiting for almost 2 weeks and I head back to Boston tomorrow and go back to work Saturday (Do I have to?? :p ). I always have such mixed emotions leaving WV... I really miss my parents and my oldest and closest friends, but I love Boston and how there is so much to do and see there. I've been trying to convince my parents and my friends to all move up there... sadly it hasn't worked yet.

But man I needed that vacation from work! I could tell I needed it when stupid things -like my pager just going off- made me really mad and I started having dreams/nightmares about being on a ventilator myself. I should remember to take a vacation before that starts to happen!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I had a fun day. Not. I woke up a little before 6 AM with a horrible pain in my abdomen, just under my ribs. Couldn't breathe, couldn't stand up straight. After several minutes of my writhing around and screaming "Make it stop!", I apparently convinced my mom I needed to go to the ER. Got there, they did some blood work and an ultrasound, gave me morphine. Lucky me, I have an inflamed pancreas and some pretty bad gall stones. I get to have my gall bladder out sometime. Right now I'm on a clear liquid diet, trying to get the inflammation down. I'm not a happy camper right now, but at least I don't feel like I'm about to die anymore.

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh fun! I hope you get feeling better. Pancreases are butt-heads. I know this personally.

I haven't been feeling well either. I blame it on stress. I really just need a break from school before it kills me or I kill myself. I took summer courses last year and my exam schedule was so messed up in December I ended up not getting a long enough break, so it feels like I have been in university for a year and a half straight. That, plus some MAJOR family drama that I got caught in the middle of has made me want to curl into a ball and just disappear for a few months.

On another note. My best friend got me into Fringe recently, so I have got almost no writing accomplished.

24. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    LOL I still haven't got the hang of it entirely either. But yes, of course you can! Just send me a PM with all the stuff and things and I'll do my best. :D

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    When I had the gall bladder attack I made the mistake of saying to the ER doctor, "This feels like the pain I had when I was in labor!" They then got worried that I was pregnant. I told them I wasn't but they wouldn't give me pain medication until that was confirmed. Two hours later I asked them the status. They forgot to check. Okay, I wasn't pregnant so they gave me morphine...but I didn't know I was immune to morphine. Doesn't do a damn thing. The same with my son. They gave him enough morphine to knock him out but he was still screaming in pain in the hospital. So they tried Demerol. Stang! I am just glad that is a controlled substance because I was floating on air.

You really want to get that inflammation down because then they can do the arthroscopic surgery. So just clear liquids for a few days and it should go down. My scars are very small and I was up and moving around in a couple days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.