main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    Yes they're still using the boards, i just sent them a PM. Thank you for the help :)

2. Lord_kimo1

Lord_kimo1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    I would like to be adopted.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Well...I was helping Tevase with fanfics back then. Just that though :p

I'm open on this front though.

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Apologies for the double post but I have re-adopted Tevase :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lord_kimo1: You have amassed 12 posts in 5 years...? [face_hypnotized]

I was looking to see why an 09er would need adoption. You need to post more. This place is life fulfilling. By 'life fulfulling' I mean it will successfully fulfill killing your social life...

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Bazinga'd, have you found another master? :)

Congrats, Tevase and T-65! :D
    You know how it works, right? But anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. :)

Kimo, I was wondering the same, but I think 12 posts within five years explains it as well. ;) Have you contacted one of the listed oldbies on the first page already? That would be the best and easiest way to find a master. :)

And of course, I've added you all to the first page. :)

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Skiara I am good, but thank you for checking on me. I will PM you later with details.

8. Lord_kimo1

Mar 16, 2009
    I was in exile.Sometimes these sort of things happen. Looking forward to the killing! :)

9. Lord_kimo1

Mar 16, 2009
    I
    I shall get better, in time, when I am calm and at peace. I will contact one of the oldbies. Thank you!

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the PM, Bazinga! :) That explains everything. :)

Speaking about killing, Kimo, have you taken a look at Teh Mole? It's a game with wonderful fanciful deaths. :p

You will get better! You will! For sure! :D
    When you get an answer from the oldbies, please, let me know, so I can add you as a team to the first page. :)

And for the end of this post, an advice, Lord_kimo1, multiple posts or double posts get often counted as 'spamming'. To avoid this and having all quotes as well, you simply need to click "reply" at every post you want to quote. It'll list them in one post automatically. Test it. :)

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chewgumma-

As much as I admire you, your services as a mentor are no longer required. I have adopted myself. ;)

Chewgumma likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was exiled from here for six years for unsavory, delinquent behavior and I still have managed to unload over 13,000 posts on my *second* account since 2000. Once you get going, don't stop. The interwebz needs our contributions.

13. JediGalaxySparkle

JediGalaxySparkle Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2013
    Hello :) I've just recent we joined the ForceNet and I would love to be adopted. This looks like a wonderfully place full of Star Wars fans like myself. I can't wait to start learning. :D

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    We or I just joined? ;)

You're right, this is a great place for SW and you'll discover something new every day (for a long time I bet). :)

The best way is to contact one of the oldbies yourself. Will you do this? It's the fastest way as well. :)

Nevertheless I've listed you at the first page, but without you going ahead asking one of them, it takes a lot longer. Just a little advice this is. :)

15. JediGalaxySparkle

Jan 17, 2013
    Oops typo there lol. :p Thank you very much. :) Do you have any experienced users you could recommend me to talk to?

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Basically all from the list on the first page
    @Adalia-Durron, she's from Australia and an RSA (Regional Support Admin). She knows a lot about FanForce and is a nice girl.
    @Jedi Gunny
    , he's an old member. Formelly known as JediGunShip, but got always called gunny. Nice guy as well.
    @NYCitygurl, she's the "icon queen" as well as the "games queen", since she used to manage those areas. In case you have any questions about these fields, she'll be happy to answer them. Nice girl as well.
    @thesevegetable, he was known under a different username and he's here for about three years already - even if his current main username says different. So he knows a lot about the boards, too. Oh, and he's a nice guy as well, of course. ;)

But maybe these four regular user like to add something as well. That's why I have tagged you all. Feel free to post about yoursefl of send Sparkle a PM. :)

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

17. JediGalaxySparkle

Jan 17, 2013
    Thanks quite much. :D

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    What areas are you most interested in? Addie and veg are into the books, Gunny likes the movies, and I hang out in fan fiction.

19. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I really don't know how this Adoption thing works but I've talked with JediGalaxySparkle and we've agreed for me to Adopt her :)

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    JediMaster_1977, it's pretty easy. You are now a team (master & padawan) for the next few weeks or until one of you decide that Sparkle is ready to fly alone and maybe getting her own padawan. During these weeks, it's like an apprenticeship: Some parts you walk through alone, some parts you help her (like in pointing out how or where to post what, hinting at rules, showing her hidden but wonderful places (aka boards/threads) and answering question whenever she has one). In case, she does really well and there's almost nothing you can do, you can join the same games, discussions etc, making her familiar with the whole forum. I hope this helps. :) And, of course, whenever you have a question, you're welcome to ask me. :)

Edit: I'll add you as a team to the first page in one or two minutes. :)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Well considering she hasn't shown up since early February, not so good

23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    What if I want to adopt an experienced member? They are so cute

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Lol.

Sorry. I Need to send her a PM.

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    JediMaster_1977, I've send her a PM, but I worry that she won't come back. It looks like that. Sorry. :(

But this can happen and the important thing is to go on. Maybe your next padawan won't disappear. So, shall I add you to the list of free oldbies again? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.