main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Kweh-chan's Gallery (Updated 12/06/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kweh-chan, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I enjoy doing a lot of Star Wars art in my spare time (which, admittedly, is dwindling these days), with Neimoidians as my subject of choice. If you're not a fan of Neimoidians, you'll probably find nothing of value here; however, I find them incredibly beautiful.

I'm only posting some of my better pieces, but if you like what you see, feel free to check out my deviantART gallery. I welcome comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism (although, if you do, please keep in mind the year each piece was created, as some are over a year old); I'm always looking to become a better artist, as I am hoping, one day, that publications may be interested in my work.

I shall try to update as new pieces come out.

From 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From 2012
    [​IMG]
    My magazine cover, published in Teekay-421 Magazine 60

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Published by JediNews.co.uk here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  2. JediHall

JediHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Wow you have some beautiful and Fun Stuff! keep up the good work!

Kweh-chan likes this.
  3. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thanks very much!

4. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

New holiday artwork. Happy Christmas everyone!

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Merry Christmas to you, too. I like the way you do Neimoidians. They are real personalities when you draw them!

Kweh-chan likes this.
  6. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you very much! :)

7. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I have to say, I've seen your art over on DeviantArt for ages now and I'm not sure I've ever commented, but I love the life and character you give to the Neimoidians in general. As much as people might rag on The Phantom Menace, the Neimoidians and the Trade Federation are one of my favorite additions of the Prequel Trilogy to the Star Wars universe and I'm actually quite sad that we haven't seen Nute in such a long time (or Rune ever) on The Clone Wars.

All that said and done, your work brings a lot of joy to the heart of this Neimoidian fanboy and your holiday picture is no exception!

Kweh-chan likes this.
  8. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    I thought your name sounded familiar - you did all those mug shot pictures, including a Duros and Duros/Neimoidian hybrid :). I'll look you up again on DA.

Thank you so much! I'm glad my art could make you so happy! I think it goes without saying how important Neimoidians are to me both in and out of my Star Wars experience; I adore the prequels and Episode I (along with Episode VI) is my favourite episode. For me, it would not be Star Wars without the Neimoidians.

I agree entirely; I'm dying to see some Neimoidians in TCW, especially Rune (I'd be even happier if they used my design :D). I'm entirely convinced, however, that they will kill Lott Dod before the show ends, which I am not looking forward to.

9. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A few new pieces! Sunday was my third Neimoidian Anniversary, so the first two are two versions of a commemorative piece, one of which is now my profile picture on another website. The third piece was a request from deviantART; I've never drawn Ahsoka before, but she was great fun to do!

Admiral_Volshe and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Your Neimoidians are kinder and more emotional then GL lets us see in the PT & the CW series. =D=

Kweh-chan likes this.
  11. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you! I think there's a lot more depth to Neimoidians than people realise; all everyone seems to see is the avarice of the Trade Federation. It's hypocritical; we humans have done far worse. When dealing with something "different" to ourselves, it becomes so easy to slip into prejudice and hatred; we fail to remember that what is acceptable to us, may not be acceptable to others and vice versa. It's a real-life lesson we all could use, and Neimoidians have been fairly instrumental in allowing me to recognise that; I feel I've actually become more open-minded because of them. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are very welcome! In one of the three teaching jobs that I have at present, I give homework help to Dutch children. It set me a bit aback when just few of them saw the shadow side of the so-called "Golden Age" when the Dutch nation was blooming due to their colonies.

Well, GL set the SW stories into a black and white/ good and evil setting. Like a fairy tale really, where the characters are 2-dimensional and just plot devices. But seen where he got his inspiration from, we should not blame him any longer. I used to, but then I remembered the university courses that I took on fairytales.

Fanfic and fanfiction on these boards make SW characters 3-dimensional and folk, that originally were set up as the evil guys, loveable.

Kweh-chan likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love your Neimoidians and Ahsoka. Brilliant colours

Kweh-chan likes this.
  14. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thanks very much! :D

15. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

Just did my first speedpaint; Neimoidians have the loveliest eyes...

Can you see the Cato Neimoidian bridge city?

TrakNar likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes and what a lovely piece

Kweh-chan likes this.
  17. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thanks very much :D

18. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

Another new one: my first foray into realism. My goodness, I thought I would die doing this...

(Cato Neimoidia, in the background, is not a stock image; I found a good tutorial on how to create planets :))

TrakNar likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great piece with the colours and reflections. Beautiful planet too

Kweh-chan likes this.
  20. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you very much! :)

21. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

Finished a new one just in time for Singles Awareness Day!
    Do feel free to give these to people if you want ;)

TrakNar likes this.
  22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I love the last one. It sounds so... kinky. XD

Kweh-chan likes this.
  23. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Those are really cute!

Kweh-chan likes this.
  24. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you! :D

Haha! I see what you mean! I was tempted to do a Tey How one with her "ventilator shaft" line...but I thought that was going much too far.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your gift cards.

Kweh-chan likes this.