main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series To The Pain! TCW Best Season 2 Episode Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 18, 2013.

?

Which is the best single episode of Season 2?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2013.
  1. Cargo of Doom (S02E02)

10.7%
  2. Landing at Point Rain (S02E05)

26.8%
  3. Weapons Factory (S02E06)

1.8%
  4. Brain Invaders (S02E08)

7.1%
  5. Grievous Intrigue (S02E09)

17.9%
  6. The Deserter (S02E10)

5.4%
  7. Voyage of Temptation (S02E13)

12.5%
  8. Duchess of Mandalore (S02E14)

10.7%
  9. Lethal Trackdown (S02E22)

7.1%
  10. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    So our top 2 for Season 1 were: Rookiees and Lair of Grievous. The first was expected, the second not so much. :p

On to Season 2 - I have selected what I feel are 9 episodes that were quite highly regarded by the community as a whole, and I have left 1 spot open with "Other" if there was another episode you felt was better. If you do select "Other", please advise which episode it was.

2. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    My vote goes to:

[​IMG]

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Cargo of Doom will forever hold a special place in my heart. Anti-grav clone battle and bounty hunter deception for the win.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    voted for Landing on Point Rain

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yikes that's a terrible list. S2 only has one great episode, about 8 or 9 terrible episodes (a few of them are in the poll), a few that are "pretty good" and the rest are meh.

LAPR, which I don't even like as much as the community seems to.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I bet no one will ever guess which episode I voted for. <<;

There is no other episode that gives me better feels than "The Deserter". Its heart warming and feel good. Cut is easily my favorite character in all of TCW. He's such a complex dude, so optimistic and upbeat and yet he is haunted be what he's done. His family is so cool, its super neat to see an identifiable family unit in the GFFA. Above all that he is a great step dad willing to give his life for his adopted family. There is no fight in TCW that got me up and rooting for a dude more than Cut vs the Commando Droids. Then the episode raised some interesting questions about the clones individuality, their genetic destiny, and the ethical issues surrounding them. It remains the best episode to date for the exploration of those issued IMO. I still hold it above Carnage. Add to that Obi-wan's awesomeness in other scenes and Grievous's antics and its just the best episode bar none to me, still my favorite in all 5 seasons.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Going for "Brain Invaders". So much to love in this episode.

- The conversation between Ahsoka and Barriss about the role of the Jedi. Peacekeepers or warriors? Ahsoka mentioning that she doesn't know if she can just "turn off" the warrior bred within her, alluding that Anakin is the same, is extremely interesting.
    - Order 66 vibes. Having Ahsoka and Barriss fighting clone troopers is a powerful visual image. "If there's one thing we clones know, it's how to stop a Jedi."
    - Clone troopers speaking Geonosian was awesome.
    - Ahsoka vs. Barriss is a short lightsaber duel, but IMO one of the most intense we've seen in the series. Seeing blue-on-blue lightsabers seems to make a duel emotional apparently.
    - The Imperial March! One of the first dark side moments for Anakin, we get to see him use Force Choke on poor Poggle. That was a goosebumps moment for me, that music just evokes so many feelings.
    - Ahsoka freezing to near death. Still one of the most vulnerable moments we've seen her in.
    - The end. To tie up the Geonosis Arc, we are given a look at how Ahsoka may be taking a lot more from Anakin than is good for her. Her attachment to Barriss was brought up, and Anakin encouraged those feelings - a very un-Jedi (prequel Jedi anyway) thing to do.

An honourable mention to "Voyage of Temptation" which gives some of the best character development to Obi-Wan this series has done (hopefully the next three episodes can deliver!).

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    S2 has so many episodes that I love... but I think I will go for the one that I've watched the most and that would be Voyage of Temptation.

It's such a great episode and I love the dynamic between Satine and Obi-Wan. That is such a great relationship and Voyage is the best part of that arc.

Brilliant episode all around.

07jonesj likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    'Grievous Intrigue' for me of course! It could even be my second favourite episode ever of TCW, just behind 'Lair of Grievous'. The battle scenes at the start were amazing between Grievous and Eeth, and Grievous and Obi-Wan, and the whole episode was just full on action, plus they actually made Grievous look and act really tough... before he retreated like usual. But I think they did a really great job of this episode.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  10. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I liked most of the stories. They were entertaining and made it interesting. I still think they could've taken away Senate Murders and added more Death Watch to the Mandalore arc, though we'll be getting a whole load of them this season. Geonosis was probably the best arc in my opinion but after Weapons Factory it such goes tedious. Grievous episodes were good and so was Cat and Mouse. The Zillo Beast arc was good and it was nice to see some Boba revenge as a finale.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    LAPR vs Voyage of Temptation: AHHHH. I can't decide; will vote later. Drama/action vs drama/humor/great banter...oh, gee golly.

Billy_Dee_Binks and 07jonesj like this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Agreed that Season 2 had a nice variety of stories. I actually enjoy every episode of Season 2, a distinction only held by Seasons 2 and 4.

13. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I just thought Senate Spy and Senate Murders could've been more extravagant but I guess political scenery is necessary to show in time of war.

14. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    “Landing at Point Rain” for me: it’s D-Day star wars-style, and you have Ki-Adi-Mundi show Anakin and Ashoka that they have a long way to go before reaching his level of awesomeness!

^This.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Did you vote for Voyage or Duchess? Because it looks like my Voyage vote is the only one up there.

16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I forgot to press the Submit Your Vote button. I selected it but didn't submit it. That is so forgetful on my part :p

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Given what we got in Season 3 with "Corruption" or "Pursuit of Peace", I think the two Senate episodes in Season 2 did a good job of conveying a point while also keeping the episode interesting.

"Senate Spy" works especially well because it's really the first part in the five-part Geonosis Arc. You have "Senate Spy" being the prologue, no action, setting up the fact that there are factories on Geonosis, then the next two episodes are almost constant action.

"Senate Murders" was fairly predictable, but we got to see Padme and Bail work together and both not be helpless, and we got our first look at Phase II clone armour in the opening reel!

I've done that before, so don't feel too bad. ;)

18. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Grievous Intrigue is my top fave from season 2.

Intense action and lightsaber combat right from the get go.
    Space combat was brief but awesome
    Pacing was consistent, minus the unnecessary "cat-and-mouse" chase for the droid's arm that took away from the commando fight.
    Obi-wan vs. Grievous (again, yes) but showcasing Grievous' different styles of attack (and in the docking tube was great)
    Surprise Adi Gallia appearance taking on Grievous at the end when he thinks he's home free (though I wish he could have finished her... :p )

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved Brain Invaders. Showing Anakin touching the Dark Side by using the Force choke might seem pandering and overdone, however...the moral dilemma was there. Does Anakin choke Poggle, getting him to talk where several Jedi Masters have failed, and henceforth saving both Ahsoka and Barriss' lives? Or should he be obedient?

I don't think anyone would argue that a Force-choke is acceptable but I like the way the situation was set up here.

Season 2 is probably my favorite so far.

20. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't remember season two all that much but I believe one of the episodes was when the Republic engages in an all out full scale battle against the Genosians.

Was that " landing on point rain" ??

If so that's my vote. Best episode of the season.

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Duchess of Mandalore

My favorite episode of the season, and the best political episode of the series.

+Satine/Obi-Wan
    +Portrayal of the Republic in a negative light
    +Sound design
    +Padmé's role
    +Animation
    +Mando Assassin
    +Aramis is a cool name
    +Raplh McQuarrie designs
    +Unique trick with the hologram alteration
    +Satine/Obi-Wan again

22. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Grievous Intrigue
    Finally get to see Grievous as a proper threat tactically, he takes on Koth and Obi well and love how he takes on the 3 clones.
    Love how he just laughs in the docking tube and the noise he makes when Gallia appears.

Deserter gets points for having Grievous look fine in his cloak and riding a reek.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My runner up is definitely "Duchess of Mandalore". I like Voyage and I like Cargo and I like Point Rain. But Duchess was an awesome episode. Its the best Satine/Obi-wan episode. Poor Satine. The Mando assassin kicked ass and was threatening. I feared for Satine's life.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Grievous Intrigue is my favourite episode of the show, in my favourite season of the show. So much to love:
    - introduces and revives, Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth, respectively
    - Grievous is intimidating
    - the droid going for his cut hand is actually funny
    - commando droids are a threat
    - lots of new ships
    - lots of new background characters
    - Saleucami is used
    - minimal Ahsoka

[​IMG]

10/10

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4