main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social -*-The Blue Moon Cantina-*- ('That's no Moon... oh no, wait, it is.')

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    How about your callsign?

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    True, I guess I categorised that as a 'callsign' and not a 'nickname'. But that one goes entirely to Addie, she came up with 'bouncer' for me :D

3. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Becca....Bec-ca...Bec-caw! Caw! Beck-Caw! Like a raven, therefore you shall be Poe.

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If you are going to be Bouncer you have to throw people out once in a while.
    I've been reading Shadow Wars for about a week and I'm only on the top of page 13, but I read half those pages in the last two days so at least I'm picking up the pace.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The best part about catching up on Shadow War is reading about the exploits of the GoL's daring Mandalorian mercenary. :p

[​IMG]

Rebecca_Daniels and MandoBones like this.
  6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I feel like I shouldn't have followed your logic there, Bones, but I did. I like it ;)

I'm not a bouncer, just bouncy :p Though I have the skills to throw people out too.

I'm kind of cheating - only reading the GoL posts, since that's likely all I'll be interacting with if I do eventually join. I also read really fast.

7. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
  8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I didn't read it...I just jumped in :p

Worked for me :p

9. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Welp, I think I'm off for the evening. Got some gaming to catch up on while my wife is at work. See yall tomorrow.

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, that's why I started out so slow, then someone finally gave me the hint I only had to read the GOL posts.

Bardan, the best part will be finishing, so I can finally play.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's what I did with the other long running RP I am in, just jumped in. I was lucky I got in on Shadow War at the beginning.

EDIT: G'nite Bones. Looking forward to it Runner. I see Tim has already joined our ranks.

[​IMG]

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, I don't have a character yet, and I'm trying to shape one based on who's already there - trying to fill the gaps, so to speak. Definitely going to bring in a humanoid-alien, but reading helps me decide and get to know the other characters better so I can figure out how mine might interact. I used to role-play a lot elsewhere, I have my quirks :p

EDIT: Seeya Bones!

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    She will always be Bouncer to me as when I met Becca she was a little excitable and often put the bouncy ball after what she would say at the Galactic Center. ;). All my squadron have apt callsigns. adaml83 is 'stealth' as his character would always be seeking up behind me!

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucky you! I was pretty much told I had to read it. I see the importance and I think I will benefit from it, but you totally should have kept that to yourself. :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    I used your system, Becca. I thought that if the GoL ever comes into contact with the non-allied factions it would be best for me not to know anything about them. Like you, I'm a speed reader (normal SW novel in six hours or less).

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm a fairly slow reader and now I'm discouraged. But I'll get there, I'm also determined.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So should I, I'm in the same boat as him!

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Shadow War is short enough, especially if you just stick with the GoL stuff, that I would suggest reading it if you were to join up. I re-read all the GoL stuff a week or two ago just to see how many of my posts were truncated. :p

[​IMG]

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Well looks like I have unexpected time to read tonight....*glares at husband*

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    [​IMG] :D

I'm on page 28, but I know I've got a while before I want to jump in (namely that I'm still just an initiate and I'd rather wait until I'm a bit up the food chain before throwing myself in) so I'm not too worried about the speed. The RP will still be there when I'm done - and when you're done too, Runner :)

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I could read through the GoL only stuff, but I need to spend my time typing. I tell you, running my own RP, plus about six fanfics, plus Shadow War...you see the problem :p

22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Night, Bones!

Don't be discouraged, Runner -- part of my reason for reading through it was that this is my first attempt at RP (apart from 'let's pretend' when I was very small!). I found that it did help, both with my character and for my confidence!

23. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    You're only reading up to page thirty?! :eek: This is a situation that mandates a stay-up-all-night-and-read-EVERYTHING!-type situation. :p

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And that is why I called her bouncer!!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm only discouraged because the rules don't apply to everyone Tim. I know I'll find the time to read it. I'm actually enjoying it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.