main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Great love story usually have challenge(from a great competitor) against the two relationship, usually the challenge strengthen the love, sometimes it breaks the relationship. I always find strange so few women crush on Anakin ,a young, handsome and passionate war hero.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin has bragged atleast twice in the show (Nightsisters arc and Slaver arc) that he is hot stuff with the ladies. He's got nothing on Obi-wan. =b

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Meh. It's not really the best relationship to explore such things.. It is implied that Anakin, as a Jedi, is supposed to be celibate, and apparently this is common knowledge. I don't know how many women really flirt with monks. Clovis' attempts to win over Padme weren't particularly interesting given that Padme is more mature than Anakin and never gave any indication that she was at all conflicted on the matter, and was rather just using Clovis for political reasons.

An attempt to seduce Anakin would have been more interesting, as would a situation in which perhaps Padme had stronger feelings and greater conflict over Clovis, but then again Star Wars doesn't really need those kinds of stories, and they'd feel a bit out of place IMO.

Anakin's obsession with keeping her safe and his controlling attitude as well as touching upon how much others know are really all I care to explore on the matter. It would also be nice if they touched upon what their ultimate plans are going to be. Is Anakin going to one day leave the Jedi Order? Are they just going to meet in secret indefinitely? Do both kind of have the expectation that the other will give up their career to be with them?

I'm interested in the Clovis arc, but really don't care to (and hope not to) see Clovis trying to win Padme over again.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If that's a handsome and passionate young monk , of course there will be a lot.

The love story of Anakin and Padme was not very well done in the movie, some challenge and conflict not only could create drama and conflict, but also make their love story better.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The "young and handsome" man is of course, Obi-Wan, not Anakin. I think you mixed up your Jedi.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, so torn...

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    First thing that came to mind was One More Day from the Spider-Man comics.

[​IMG]

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Obi Wan got enough romance in EU.

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    For TCW, childish jealousy is the farthest it should go, and it's already gone there.

Plus, one of my favorite things about this series is it has minimal romance. That shipping stuff seems to creep into every other series/ franchise out there (Avatar, ughhhh..) I don't hate romance, but I'm glad it's not a main thing in TCW.

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Nobody said it should be a main theme, but some good romance could make it better.

14. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    There's always Obidala:D

[​IMG]

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sure, I also think Padme fit Obi Wan the best, and Satine for Anakin.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This. Exactly.

The ROTS novelization discussed Anakin planning to leave the Order when the war is over; I wouldn't mind seeing Anakin and Padme discuss that, maybe plans to settle on Naboo or something.

Attempts to seduce Anakin would tie in with all the appreciative female stares he was getting in the Outlander Club in AOTC, but it's definitely not necessary.

As far as Obidala...no. Just no.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm being an ass, but can I ask why in the blessed **** a "love triangle" ever gets equated with "good romance"? Whenever I've seen love triangles in either cinema or books, they always seem like the lamest and laziest form of "creating tension" in writing romance. There are other ways to show a romantic relationship's ups and downs without one of the parties ****ing someone else.

kainee and Togruta like this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    x2

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Lucas always intended for Clovis and Padme to have a fling. Then Clovis will track down baby Luke.

[​IMG]

The technology just wasn't in the right place at the time for such a story during the OT. Luke will be led to believe that Clovis is a freighter captain and his real father. Until Obi-Wan takes him out... silently...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As Tatooine Turns...or should that be All My Younglings?

Mr. Atom Bomb and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    yeah... love triangles [face_bleh]
    Unless it's something like Tristan and Isolda...

Anyway I always thought of Obidala as just Obiwan and Padmé liking each other and Anakin liking someone else/not in the picture... of course that screws up the entire SW saga, but it makes for lovely AU stuff.

21. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    X3

Romance is alright, but in very small doses. Otherwise it turns into pure cheese, something that already infests too much of the EU.

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As a huge fan of Fringe - I ship the two main characters pretty bad (even before there was any romance involved!) - I enjoy relationships in drama. When appropriate. Should there be the occasional Padme/Anakin scene? Yes. We already get that.

There isn't any need to have entire episodes dedicated to their relationship because we know how that turns out. Hopefully the Clovis episodes will be interesting, and not a retread of "Senate Spy"(are they even airing in Season 5 any more?).

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Maybe use Sabe? She looks very a like to Padme, there could be some mistaken identity plot.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh no, Anakin does stuff with the hand maiden in disguise. <<;

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Lol. I think he would notice the difference. I do wonder what happened to Dorme after aotc?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.