main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    when are the episodes uploaded on iTunes?

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It's very good, just the conflict against Black Sun and Hutts are a bit rushed, they should remove those childish episodes to make a whole season of this arc.

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Also, what the heck is Palpatine doing? He should use his former apprentice.

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    midnight

IG_2000 likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    There is a Rule of Two, and Maul is a liability.

V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Eminence

+Evocative opening reminiscent of Alien
    +Maul opening his eyes at the touch of the light and closing them again as the light went away
    +Bo-Katan
    +Maul recognizing the Vizsla clan symbol
    +Villains playing each other off
    +Zanbar looks interesting
    +Black Sun
    +Savage's decapitations
    +Sound of heads rolling on the floor was dark
    +Spice traders were cool despite their bread appearance
    +Hutts not speaking Basic
    +Nice bounty hunter battle
    +"So the only thing you can tell me is that Jabba can be found at Jabba's Palace?"; Loved Maul in that sequence
    +Jabba's palace sequence
    +The music was phenomenal
    +Animation/lighting brilliant as always
    +Sound design

-Lion roar?
    -Pacing was a bit fast in some places

Overall, a 9/10. Brilliant and dark episode that makes me even more excited for what is to come. I despised the idea of Maul coming back, but I can't argue with these results. This is what this show is capable of and more.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He totally could use Maul and kill him in the end, not like "WE HAVE TWO ALREADY YOU MUST DIE!"

8. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    The logical thing would b for Maul to face off against Sids since apparently Maul declared himself a Sith Lord. That is Sids' title. I'd rather that than another "after getting his butt kicked somehow OB1 saves the day "ending.

This episode shows promise. I hope they don't waste it.

9. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Nice to finally have a decent episode, I was very anti Maul's return but he's becoming a great villain.
    Would have preferred it if Maul had stopped the knife himself rather than Savage.
    Maybe Dooku should have just sent Grievous to invade Tatooine rather than have the CW film.

Plagueis novel makes less sense to me now with Maul, he's clearly learned well from Palpatine.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sidious fought Maul by himself is not like his style, his style would be more like let his current apprentice Dooku and future apprentice Anakin kill Maul, both of them hate Maul a lot.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Use him for what? He already has a pretty solid plan in place and it's a liability if Dooku becomes aware that Sidious is using Maul, or if the Jedi get their hands on Maul, or if Maul gets uppity and decides to expose Palpatine's plan in order to take Palpatine out.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Let Anakin or Dooku kill Maul would be more interesting.

V-2 likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Use him to let Anakin walk further on the path of anger and hate, Anakin surely hates Maul a lot. As long as Dooku knew Sidious was just using Maul as tool he wouldn't have problem.

14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Sidious had a problem with Dooku using Asajj as just a tool, I think that cuts both ways. If Sidious' former apprentice that Dooku replaced (only because Maul was believed dead) shows back up and is working for Sidious again, I would Dooku would have a major problem with that. And Maul is not needed to push Anakin down the path of anger. Dooku does that just fine as Palpatine pits them against each other (as in Crisis on Naboo).

15. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Sidious has no need for Maul, he's planned for around 10 years the Clone Wars, he has the charismatic Dooku, the tactical amazing commander Grievous. Anakin can kill Dooku when the time is right there's no need for Maul to be used in a let the hate flow through you way, and what if Maul managed to kill Anakin?
    I assume Palpatine doesn't want the Jedi getting too invovled, and therefore he doesn't want the CIS getting involved either and if anything it shows what a threat Maul is that Palpatine for the first time ever is going to actually go and deal with a situation himself.

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Sidious kept a lot of things from Plagueis...

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sidious was using Dooku as a tool all along. He had a problem with AV because he worried Dooku and AV might be a threat to him.

Dooku didn't kill anyone Anakin cared, but Maul did and he could do again, that's the big difference.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If Maul could kill Anakin, then that means he's stronger than Anakin and deserve to be Palpatine's right apprentice. That's the logic of the Sith.

19. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Dooku could have killed Anakin in Ep II, Anakin was still young and advancing.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd that GMT?

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Palpatine once told Vader if Dooku could kill him in EP III without trick he would let Dooku do it. He also asked his minions to make a clone of Maul to test Vader.

That's the logic of the Sith, only the strong one deserve to stay. If Anakin couldn't even raise his fury to defeat someone who killed his loved one, then surely he had no place among Sith.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Dooku took Anakin's arm; killed many Jedi (indirectly as head of the CIS); condemned Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan to die in an arena; and nearly crushed Anakin and Obi-Wan under a crane. I think that's plenty personal vs. Maul killing Qui-Gon when Anakin was nine years old and did not witness it.

Yeah, Anakin probably cares that Maul killed Qui-Gon, but things with Dooku are much more personal and recent history.

Sidious worried about Ventress and Dooku being a threat to him, and if Maul were back in the picture, working for Sidious, it would make sense for Dooku to feel threatened by that.

With Sidious ultimately desiring control of the Galaxy and elimination of the Jedi, and being in a very fragile time where everything could fall apart due to Maul's interference, I would think that Sidious would want Maul dead and out of the way immediately, not putting his plan in further jeopardy by creating conflict amongst the Sith themselves.

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This episode was pretty good. It didn't blow me away but that probably wasn't the intention, since it's purpose is to set up the coming Mandalore episodes.

Pros:

- The opening sequence used lighting really well.

- Darth Maul was written really well in this episode. For a while I didn't like the fact that he was being presented as a crazed brute like Savage, since I always saw him as more of a sword than an axe. Here he was patient and calculating like he was in TPM.

- Maul recognizing the symbol for Clan Vizsla and suggesting Black Sun as allies were cool tidbits for EU fans.

- Mustafar looked amazing, which makes sense since Dave said at CVI that they pretty much copied/pasted the background from ROTS.

- Visiting the Hutt families is always fun.

- Seeing all the crime syndicates from across the galaxy made the universe feel really big. TCW usually has the opposite effect considering how many times they reuse models, characters, etc.

- The battle between the Mandos, Sith and Hutts was awesome as expected. (Heck, just reading those names in one sentence is enough to overstimulate a fan.)

Cons:

- The pacing was way too fast. It felt like the Mandos had ADD, jumping from one side of the galaxy to the other at the drop of a hat. (Helmet?)

- I would have liked to have seen more of Black Sun. Considering all the hype that scene got it was pretty short and pathetic.

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  24. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Palpatine said that yes but Dooku was what, 80 or so, hardly a fitting apprentice as chances are he'd die long before Palpatine himself.
    I never believed Palpatine when he said that, it seemed to me just a way to boost Vader's spirit. Dooku also had no way of ever matching Palpatine which is the whole reason he wanted Anakin, and then Luke, they were potentially the strongest force users ever.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He still didn't actually kill anyone Anakin actually cared but Maul did. And Anakin cried in Qui Gon's funeral very sadly(in the novel), Qui Gon was the reason he got free and became a Jedi, even after he became Vader he still kept respect of Qui Gon.

As long as Sidious made himself clear and promise to let Dooku/Anakin kill Maul it's not a problem.

That's what Palpatine was doing all along, used Anakin to kill Dooku, cloned Maul to test Vader, trying to use Luke to kill Anakin. Sith could never avoid conflict, they love to use this to further strengthen themselves.