main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit KOTOR: new series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Jan 16, 2013.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ok, I officially request (nay, DEMAND) that you make a EU vlog featuring yourself in an Ackbar mask reviewing EU products or talking at length about EU issues whilst in completely in-character with the Ackbar voice and everything.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Hearing that Mical would probably be the best bet for a book

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I presume said vlog would always end with: "THAT'S A WRAP!"?

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    As long as he teams up with Ulicus and his Yoda voice.

Zorrixor likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He has a Yoda voice? He never did a Yoda voice for me! I would've had a kick out of having Yoda carry my bags... :(

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The thing that I never understood lately from star wars is that they screw up the second games to succesful first games. Then, they have TOR and only come put with 11 comic books, when DC Super Heroes online had a very good MMO and a 26 issue run that was very good. Why is star wars doing crappy things? This is an area that I hope that Disney can fix for the franchise. All these missed opportunites are killing the franchise for me.

7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    For what it's worth, there's a mod team that has restored the lion
    's share of the cut content

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    We've been over this - it's gotta be both of you.

9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I am interested in the KotoR period because it was during the full glory of the Jedi and the Republic. However, it there was to be another comic I hope the art won't be distorted past caricature like it sometimes was with the old series. SO wonky sometimes.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Some ideas for a new KOTOR series:

KOTOR: Requiem

1) APOCALYPSE: Revan asks Tott Doneeta and his two Padawans, Dack and Kopac, to join his Revanchist movement.
    Doneeta does not join the Revanchist Movement, but he wants the Mandalorian War to end and agrees to meet Revan on his flagship.
    The Battle of Malachor 5 begins. Revan, Malak and Cale Berkona are fighting the Mandalorians on the surface of Malachor.
    Revan duels Mandalore and wins. Cassus Fel does not want to stop fighting and sends more troops into battle.
    Revan activates his superweapon. Cale is left behind. He uses the Force to survive and becomes wounded. Later on, Cale takes on the name Darth Nihilus.
    Revan and Malak meet Doneeta and his two Padawans. Doneeta wants to arrest Revan activating his superweapon and a fight erupts.
    Doneeta manages to cut off the lower mouth of Malak. He knows Revan and Malak are too powerful.
    He sacrifices himself so his padawans can escape.

2) LORD OF HUNGER: Some years pass. Dack and Kopac join the Jedi enclave on Mariluka. Darth Nihilus attacks the meeting. Master Zhar and Master Vandar sacrifice themselfs. The Padawans escape once again. They manage to free the planet with the help of a smuggler and a Republic Captain.
    3) MOON OF DEATH: The two Padawans, the Captain and the smuggler join Lucien Draay on the Convenant Moon. Suddenly, the protocol droids begin attacking the Convenant members. They are actually HKs. Master Draay and Kopac die. Dack is enraged.
    4) SILENT CRISIS: Dack wants to take revenge on the Sith. He infiltrates the Sith Academy. Ultimately, he is discovered by Headmaster Darth Barco (a Nautolan Sith Lord). Dack manages to escape with the help of Cassus Fett, who was a prisoner of the Sith.
    5) THE JOURNEY OF CASSUS FETT: Dack and Cassus flee from bounty hunters. Cassus decides to lay low for a while on Concord Dawn.
    6) THE HEART OF THE REPUBLIC: Darth Nihilus is on his way to Coruscant. Dack, the Captain and the Smuggler try to stop him. They receive help from Zayne Carrick anc Gryph.
    7) BOUNTY HUNTERS: After damaging the Ravager, Dack is left in an escape pod. The pod is picked up by bounty hunters who take hi mto GOTO. Dack escapes.
    8) AGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS: Dack, the Captain and the Smuggler help to restore what is left of the Republic. Darth Barco tries to track Dack down for humiliating him. Dack meets Carth Onasi.
    9) THE FINAL ACT: Dack duels Darth Barco. Darth Nihilus arrives. He destroys all life on the planet they are duelling on. Barco is betrayed by Nihilus and dies. Dack is rescued by the smuggler.
    10) SEARCH FOR REVAN: Dack, the Captain and the Smuggler decide to track down Revan who has gone missing. They end up on the Peragus Mining Colony. They manage to capture Atton Rand and lock him up on the station. Ultimately, Dack and his companions die when the Mining Facility is attacked.
    THE END

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    KOTOR: AN ATTON'S CREED -- THE SUNRIDER DA BODA DISAPPEARANCE

A mini-series series focused on Atton's career as Jedi-hunting Sith assassin that explains where Vima Sunrider Da Boda went and also explains why he HOPED ( ;) ) Revan was a woman. At the end it's revealed that Jaden Korr is actually reliving the genetic memories of his ancestor.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm not sure whether or not I could take that much of Atton's incessant whinging.

Give me a comic about Kreia over Atton any day.

We could learn all about the hope she had for Revan, and how her visions of his glorious future weren't smashed by TOR at all, because she was actually witnessing the far distant future when the true lord would smite the Seven Dark Jedi.

13. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i think that something is NEEDED to be done with Nomi or Vima since the cancellation of Mandorla, something explaining what happened with them, maybe post Kotor II and full of flashbacks.... but something is needed with the sunriders.

General Immodet likes this.
  14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I absolutely love that idea. I could see Avellone writing that in the form of Unseen,Unheard. That would be very awesome.

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Sunriders are not the only ones who seem to have dissapeared. What happened to Tott Doneeta, Ossum and Master Thon?
    They too can be part of a new series.

Kyris Cavisek and Samayel_ like this.
  16. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    and Sylvar, don´t forget Sylvar......

17. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    just a problem with that, the one who cuts Malak´s jaw is Revan, let me quote wookieepedia "initiating the Jedi Civil War. At one point under Darth Revan's tutelage, Malak openly viewed his Master as being soft, causing tension between the two that culminated in a lightsaber duel. Malak's jaw was removed by a lightsaber strike from Revan"

18. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    • Book 1: Following the Exile's departure for Unknown Space, Mical searches the Telos Academy and discovers Brianna there, who has fallen to the dark side with the failure of Atris. He redeems her by showing compassion for her, talking about how the woman he loved/followed is gone too. They decide to go looking for Jolee Bindo and Juhani.

Meanwhile, Atton convinces Mira and Bao Dur to join him in a venture. Three partially trained Jedi with lightsabers become smugglers. With Atton as the pilot/scoundrel/gambler, Mira as the bounty hunter/dealer, Bao Dur as the conscience and mechanic. They want to get away, but make camp on Daantoine, and have dealings with Khoonda. The three quickly get involved with a mystery of who Darth Sion and Nihilus were.
      Mical and Brianna in search for Jolee Bindo, find his wife and young son living at an outpost on Kashykk, she reveals that Jolee left to go fight an unseen evil and never returned. The group is attacked by Trandoshan slavers, but Juhani interviegns aiding the Jedi. Juhani reveals Jolee Bindo is captured by Sith acolytes on Korriban. She offers to train the young Bindo. The four Jedi set off against the Dark Jedi.
    • Book 2: Atton and crew buy a new astromech to replace T3-M4. They bid against a twi'lek wookiee team. Atton and crew win out, however, their ship is destroyed and decide to sell the droid to the competeing bid in exchange for a ride to another planet. Reveal the other ships captain and first mate are Mission and Big Z. They own an import export business. The two groups realize they both knew certain people. Mission suggests they talk to Admiral Onasi who uses small shuttles crews for missions against a Confederacy of planets that have Dark Side Connection.

Mical and Brianna go to rescue Jolee Bindo on Korriban. Long story short... They do. Whilst falling in love.

Atton and company are arrested by one of Onasi's subordinate officers, who believe Onasi is a traitor to the republic by working with the Dark Jedi and Confederacy. They are released if they can incriminate Onasi. Once to Onasi, the Admiral reveals he is working with a Jedi to root out Confederate Spies and must meet with her in secret due to a bounty on her head. He tells them to go meet her. They meet Bastilla and child, who reveals she wants them to be the first of a New breed of Jedi. Atton says that since the exile left, that isn't really their thing, but Bao Dur and Mira both agree to join the cause. Atton seeing his friends side with her, agrees begrudgingly as well. Bastilla reveals her former master to be a creature of gargantuan proportions. They are told to bring him to Coruscant. Atton and group discover Thon. The go and do it.
      Bindo reveals that he was on mission for Carth Onasi, Mical says him too. They return at the same time as Atton, Mira, and Bao Dur. The Kotor and Kotor 2 Jedi cast all together, save Bastilla when she enters revealing the first New Jedi to train under them.
    • Book 3: The Jedi Order is re established but in hiding on Daanooine, under the guise of a Republic Outpost. Mission and Big Z now operate from Khoonda. Mical is the commanding officer, with the rest of the Jedi as his subordinates, according to the Republic at least. They sit at council but Atton and Mira grow restless, and go on a mission to rescue a possible Jedi who was captured by the Mandos. They contact the new Mandalore to see if he has the Jedi. He reveals that he doesn't that it is a splinter group that refuses to acknowledge him as the new Mandalore. He will gladly help them destroy the unfit Mandos. They rescue a Jedi by the name Dack. He claims that he thought he was the last Jedi. They say no. He gladly helps them but reveals that the Dark Jedi have a training academy on Onderon now. And that all the Jedi will be needed.to stop the Dark Jedi. Atton and Mira fall in love at some point here. They contact Mical who isn't happy, but Thon agrees it is the right thing. Giant Battle... The Jedi win, Dack reveals himself to be none other than Zayne Carrick... They all return to Temple on Daanoine... KOTOR book trilogy complete...
    Though we would need some good Sith/Dark Jedi villains. Thrown in there

19. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    More of the Old Republic glory day-to-day stuff. Does not have to be as epic as Revan adventures.

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I forgot about that. Although, it could be easily retconned!

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I did really like that guy with the scar on his face from KOTOR 2. The one who was fighting that Republic estate on Dantooine.
    I always thought Nihilus would be the big villain in KOTOR 2. I was a bit disapponted when Kreia was revealed to be the main villain.
    It was not a good idea to let the play first duel Sion and immediately afterwards the player has to duel Kreia.
    I think it is strange we have not seen Kreia in any other EU source.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I see Sylvar joining the Revanchists during the Mandalorian Wars.

Samayel_ likes this.