main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    Yes he meant for the CIS to lose, but at the time of his choice, the CIS was already perfect for his plans so no need for Maul, that's my point.
    If there's one person that can go unnoticed, it's Sidious, and I don't see anyone being able to catch him, if you see him you're dead. The whole hood thing to seems to work for him, even with that crazy hologram identifier tech Mandalore has :p
    Though Jedi do seem to vary as Windu sensed the darkside surrounding the Chancellor, but otherwise he seems to be sensed as an innocent old man so I don't get how that works.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    wait wait wait. Haven't watched the episode yet, but knowing me, it will take a weeks or so before i do.

But BLACK SUN.

Luca/Filoni actually took something out of the comic/books and made it Lucas-canon worthy?

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You guys like gifs? I just had to make one out of Pre Vizsla's awesome killstreak on Nal Hutta.

[​IMG]

There's a higher quality version on the way.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    True. You can't deny that.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just watched this episode... wow! Great episode and I can tell that this arc is going to be amazing! Best part of this episode for me was Embo vs. Savage, woah that was awesome! Embo's hat is like Captain America's shield! Actually the four Bounty Hunters fighting Maul, Savage and Viszla was great, well five if you include Embo's pet, who was trying to maul Maul, lol. Such an intense episode, and this was all just preparation for the battle that's about to come, I seriously can't wait! I give this episode a 9/10.

V-2, InterestingLurker and Seerow like this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt the Black Sun would resist after seeing their leader get decapitated

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It was cool to see Vizsla in action kicking ass. That's the kinda leader I like.

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It's not going to affect the CIS much, he could still directly command it as Sidious like he did in EP I.

There is no need to catch him, once his identity is exposed all his plan would be ruined. The Jedi weren't able to sense him because he was hiding his presence all along, but if he used the Dark Side of the Force to fight the jedi would be able to sense it, just like Maul's return was sensed by Yoda.

Overall, it would super dumb for him to take all the risk to fight Maul.

9. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    But Maul was NOT the Master. He has declared himself the Master. And Rule of Two is the point. You already have Two. Sid & Tyrannus. Sid is the Master, so yes he is going to take exception to that.

We have seen Sid out on his own b4. There was an episode a couple of seasons back where he travels to Mustafar on his own. It was some episde about Force sensitive children. Also, if the previews are correct he does travel on his own n faces Maul.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sidious never traveled to Mustafar, he only appeared there by hologram. :-B

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So let his apprentice to kill Maul, what's the problem? Maul calling himself master is not going to harm him much, but if either side knows his double identity then his plan would be totally ruined.

Mustafar is not the capital of Mandalorian, it does not have so many people there. And this time he was going to fight Maul and his brothers, which could expose his presence in the Force. Remember Yoda was able to sense Maul when he returned?

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Dooku is not irrelevant, since in the event that Anakin is killed in the war, proves to be weaker than expected, or proves too resistant to Palpatine's manipulations, then Sidious is stuck with Dooku. Sidious has to have a back up plan. Dooku isn't just some garbage apprentice to be thrown away. Sidious would have to face the very real possibility that Anakin could be killed or refuse to go to the dark side, or refuse to kill Dooku, in which case Palpatine would be stuck with Dooku long term.

It's the same with Vader and Luke. Palpatine wants to turn Luke, but there's no guarantee of that ever happening. If Luke turned, great. Then Vader would be expendable and be killed, if Luke refused, then Luke would be killed and Vader would remain the apprentice. It would have had to have been the same with Dooku. Dooku wasn't as desirable as Anakin, but in the event that Sidious couldn't get Anakin, Dooku was the next best thing.

13. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    Thinking that maybe Palps is following in his Master's footsteps? Want to see Maul to discover how he is alive?

14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The only way to see if someone can cheat death is to try and kill them and see what happens. Maul suffered an injury that should have been fatal. Now he has Sidious' attention. If Sidious can go to Mandalore and kill Maul, then Maul must not have been anything special. But if Maul proves that he can cling to life and survive a confrontation with Sidious, that seems like something that would be incredibly interesting to Palpatine.

Sending Dooku to potentially discover that Maul will not die is counter productive, since Dooku might be prone to keep that discovery to himself and use it against Palpatine.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sith's logic is simple, whoever prove to be stronger, would live.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I can, LACWAC is still a little lethargic and Maul adds nothing to the GFFA imo.

They wouldn't resist, but they wouldn't fall in line, either. I imagine most would see the loss of their leaders as freedom to run their own little operations without having to answer to anyone. Black Sun would split into a million little operations.

Criminals are greedy and are going to do what's profitable and I doubt Maul is going to be good for business. On top of Maul calling down a crapload of heat on them, he's going to take a hefty cut without doing a thing to earn it, and criminal underlings don't like that.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    You can't always have the strongest. Yoda is stronger than Dooku, doesn't mean that Sidious can have Yoda as an apprentice if Yoda refuses to turn (Sidious doesn't even try, I assume because he knows that he would be wasting his time to even try and it would be dangerous to reveal himself to Yoda). Luke was more powerful than Vader, that doesn't mean that Luke became Sidious' apprentice, because he refused. And a powerful Force user that refuses to submit to Palpatine is a threat that must die. Those that do submit are not necessarily the strongest Force users, only the strongest Force users that Palpatine could turn.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yoda is not Sith nor could be turned, but Anakin, Maul, Dooku and Luke are either Sith or showed sign of corruption.

Actually Luke did become Sidious' apprentice in Dark Empire and required Leia's help to get out from the Dark Side.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    High qualitorz:

[​IMG]

I have one more planned.

V-2, pronker, rumblewagon and 5 others like this.
  20. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    No, I don't think their showdown will happen there. It more than likely will happen somewhere else. Or on a remote part of Mandalore. But surely not on PPV. However, he was in front of Yoda quite a few times & Yoda didn't have a clue. Also, was Yoda on Coruscant when Palps used the Dark Side to kill his Master on Coruscant? No sudden Jedi appearance in that scene.

Like I said, this is more on a personal level. Maul is claiming he is the Master. Sids is going to take care of that himself bc that is a challenge to his being the Master. So yes, Sid is going to take care of this himself. It's like the final confrontation between Bane & Zannah. Cognus was there, & was Bane's new apprentice. But she wasn't about to interfere. Why? This wasn't about her, this was about who was going to take the Mantle of Master.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The darksaber is terrible in every way.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    None of that contradicts the point that Yoda is stronger than Dooku. Sidious has to settle for those that can be turned, and those that can be turned are not inherently stronger than those that won't. In the case of Anakin, Sidious got lucky because he was able to turn a Jedi with the greatest Force potential to surpass even Yoda or Palpatine (though that didn't happen on account of his injuries). But there was always the chance that Anakin would refuse to become a Sith.

I like the general design and that Lucas/Filoni decided to make lightsabers look different 1,000 years prior, as opposed to having lightsabers be exactly the same. But the black blade that glows white I find to be obnoxious.

23. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I disagree, Palpatine risked it in Ep III having Anakin kill him, that doesn't auto mean he's willing to join the Sith, he could have refused in the office and Palpatine would have been in a very awkward spot.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Posting as I watch it for the first time tonite... loved the way the darksaber cuts the metal in a different manner, like a glass-cutter. Maul's new legs are sweet, listening to Vizla's rant is awesome. Maul is choking Bo...

pronker and rumblewagon like this.