main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A parallel to Vader in the suit... the White Knight

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ghost, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ok, so I had a cool Episode VII dream the other night, and since there's still no news, I guess it's alright to share it here! :D

In my dream, the Jedi are attacking the Hidden Sith Base, which is some space station in the middle of nowhere. Leia is facing off against the Sith warriors in an epic fashion (though it's really a distraction so Luke can sneak up on the big bad guy).

Leia has gray hair and is cloaked, she approaches the Sith warriors standing guard on a bridge, and they tease the old lady and say they won't let her pass (thinking she's an older, weak Sith lady or something). Then she responds, taking off her cloak, to show her in Jedi Robes that are pure white (like her ANH outfit), and says "I am Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Master, Last Princess of Alderaan, Daughter of the Chosen One... you will suffer me." And proceeds to hold her own against a dozen skilled Sith warriors, taking down at least half of them. They all stop and unite to throw Force Lightning at her at one point, and she just bends all their lightning into a spinning ring of light around body, which she then let's explode and knocks them all out. But then the main apprentice of the big new bad guy approaches, and duels Leia, and she won't flee because she wants to continue to distract the Sith so that her brother can find and fight the big bad guy without any of his Sith minions. During the fight, Leia is grievously injured, and about to be struck down, when Han shoots the Sith lieutenant's lightsaber hand while a bunch of young Jedi Knights save her and flee in the Falcon. They then bring Leia back to Coruscant for emergency medical treatment (this is near the very end of Episode VII).

The result is that Leia is put into a life-support suit, just like Darth Vader's... except there's no mask (she can breathe on her own still), and this suit is pure white.

So things are brought full circle, with Leia basically being the Jedi version of Darth Vader... a very powerful, skilled warrior in a suit. And after taking out those dozen Sith warriors, she is a legend and highly feared by the Sith, called "Lady Vader" by them, and continues to kick their *** over the rest of the Sequel Trilogy. Leia really shows she is her father's daughter, or rather what a redeemed Vader that lived through the end of ROTJ would have been like.

Do you guys think something like this could happen? Particularly a light-side version of a suited Vader? I really think it would suit Leia better than anyone else. I also really think that the ST needs its own iconic "Vader," and this would be a really cool way to do it.

As for what it would look like, imagine something like this picture, but replace the head with Leia (without the mask) and with white hair...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I'll be honest...that actually sounds pretty good...

3. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd rather have the white knight Luke, pure light side influenced, with his blonde beard. I really hope the Vader suit never comes back

kainee likes this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Makes me think of what happened to Shira Brie and to Azlyn Rae.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This x billion! I want to see Jedi Master Luke dressed in white robes and I would love it if he had a white beard and braided white hair!

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Totally agree. I painted this and posted it in the Fan Art thread.

[​IMG]

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I saw them and they're absolutely amazing, GingerJedi! That's exactly how I would have him look in the ST. Incredible!

8. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    interesting.

9. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Interesting as a "what if", OP. I'm more interested in the notion of Luke as white Knight.

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I was going to bring this up. This would be a very intersting take -- very Gandalf-ish.

I really love this concept.

11. Kapap Combative

Kapap Combative Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2013
    Braided white hair? That on it's own would make him a laughing stock.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Why?

13. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    POST-ROTJ it became really pre-Death Star 2 to wear braid. Like tots grodie, ewwwwyuckarooonie.

LawJedi likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I thought about it being Luke too... but Leia makes more sense. Her family connection was kind of just thrown-in to the end of ROTJ, and never really explored in the movies. I've always thought Leia had more in common with her father, and Luke has more in common with his mother. It's time for Leia to finally be a bad-*** Jedi Master, and it would be really cool to have a light-side equivalent to Vader, someone whose image can be just as iconic as his was.

That's REALLY good!

Do you think you could paint something like that with Leia?

15. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    The audience could think she died in Episode VII, but then she reappears in Episode VIII as light side Vader.

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    See. I don't think Leia should be a Jedi. Maybe she develops some of that force power, but her role was always political. I see Luke and Leia as continuations of their parents, respectively. Luke continued the work that his good father tried to accomplish. Same for Leia/Padme.

I see Leia's role as being the classic mother role of mythology. As in; she will birth the new republic and the new jedi order in some way. I could definitely see a parallel with Luke and Gandalf the White. Gandalf wanted to bring out the Return of the King. Luke could have a similar role. Note only is he looking to rebuild the jedi order, but he could be looking for a true King...someone of pure heart to rule the Galaxy (Democratically, speaking of course.) Kinda like Merlin and King Arthur.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    None of this makes sense to have Leia being a Jedi with Darth Vader amour or to have her saying those lines to the Sith Warriors. If you want to bring back the image of Vader, it would make more sense to make a movie off of the ending of whatever comic that white amour came from (which won't happen) or make a new story line where scientists of the Imperial Remnant take the design for Vader's amour and attempt to make a lightsaber-wielding droid army out of it.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I don't remember any mention of these 'Sith Warriors' in the films.
    No, thanks.

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Sith Warriors are just Sith.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I like this "white knight" idea. Like that impressive painting above. But instead of just Luke, I would have ALL the Jedi in the new order be wearing white-or at least some shade of white/grey/cream/youknowwhatImean.

The original post here-that idea of Leia being this kicka** Jedi that becomes injured and basically the Jedi version of Darth Vader, I like that idea. It would have to be done right, but it is interesting. The saga is full of parallels, and this would do it perfectly. Although I don't think that Leia idea would work as well if she's supposed to be in her 50's by this time. If they were continuing straight on from ROTJ, or maybe only 10 years out, sure. But...[face_thinking]

21. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Correction - Padme's role was always political. The only time Leia was ever a polititian in the movies was the opening scene of ANH. The rest of the trilogy she was portrayed more as a military rebel leader while ROTJ set her on the path to learn the ways of the force.

But I see no reason why the two roles need to be mutually exclusive. Palpatine had no problem being both Chancellor of the Republic and a powerful Sith Lord. There's no reason why Leia couldn't become a powerful Jedi Master while also having a political career. After everything ROTJ set up for her character, its actually quite insulting to think that as a Skywalker her only contribution to the Jedi Order should be to spit out force sensitive babies from her crotch for Luke to train.

There's a poster on this board who's name elludes me that said it best - any random person can be a senator. Not everyone can be a Skywalker. To ignore Leia's potential is a huge mistake.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No. Have Vader in the Black Suit only

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have Vader in a business suit.

Because that would be cool.

fishtailsam likes this.
  24. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    First I want to say that a white Vader Costume is one of the laziest designs for a light side Anakin. Aesthetically, it looks awful. If your going for a life support suit for a good character, than the suit should have softer angles. The Vader mask, even with a white pain job, is too angular/rigid to denote a virtuous temperament.

Its a mask of intimidation, not noble intent.

kainee and Episode Swag like this.
  25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    As much as people wat Leia to be a Jedi i don't see it either. Sshe could have developed her Force abilities but not in the same way as Luke. I see her as being political like a Senator but most likely Supreme Chancellor (or some like title.) As a plot motivator it makes wayyyy more sense.