main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Katee managed to produce one of the very few natural sounding laughs in the entire history of TCW, so I give her credit for that.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    They fought on the palace according to the Shadow Conspiracy book. Yoda didn't sense Sidious because he was hiding his power all along, but if he actually uses his power to fight that's going to expose himself in the Force, and those people on Mandalore could see him as well.

Bane is not in a big plan and there is no threat to expose himself for anything, but Palpatine is totally different. He got Dooku, Obi Wan and Anakin to kill Maul, why should he risk himself?

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So Maul is basically calling Dooku and Palpatine (for sure called Dooku a fake sith), not true lords of sith, when he referred to himself and Randy as the true lords of the Sith.

Looks like Maul's weakness of having to much pride/confidence, the same weakness that cost him his legs, is still with him. And im sure this weakness will be apart of his true downfall in this show.

Can't wait until Palpatine explains to him that he is breaking the RoT, and shows that there can only be 1 Sith Master and 1 Apprentice at a time, by defeating Savage and Maul.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yes, there was still a chance that Anakin was going to side with the Jedi and refuse to turn, and if that happened Sidious would have been killed (Mace would have killed him).

He was risking a lot on Anakin by killing Dooku off before Anakin turned.

5. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

I cringe so hard when the CN guy says "get some breakfast and wake up to all the Jedi, Sith, Clones and Droids!"

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This is how you make an entrance at Jabba's Palace:

[​IMG]

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Or, he is covering for Sidious by dismissing Dooku and ignoring the RoT question... he is implying that they were born Sith.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol at the lightsabers just tracing lines on people instead of actually slicing through them. I guess dismemberment is too graphic? Yet, Ahsoka can decapitate like four dudes at once.

Sitara, rumblewagon, K'Kruhk and 3 others like this.
  9. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Like I said, it boils down to the Mantle & also tiring up lose ends. But mainly the Mantle. That's worth the risk. But then Palpatine has been doing this for so long, I'm sure he has it figured out. Another thing, & I don't know if this has been touched on, but does Maul know who Sid is?

Unless Yoda is rt there, how is he going to know its Palpatine? He might sense the Darkside energy, but that doesn't mean he lknows WHO it is. Remember in the films, it was either Mace or Yoda that said the Jedi were having problems w the Force or something & the Darkside was clouding up things.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, she's still a kid, breaking toys in half and cutting off their heads. At least she's not chewing their ears off.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I have to say, aside from the usual shortcomings, production-wise this episode was absolutely fantastic. It's beautiful to watch. As much as it will steam everyone's beans, I think this Maul arc will be their magnum opus. It's the ultimate fanservice arc with Sith and Mandos versus more Mandos and Jedi. And you know what? I love it.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    SO MANY LINES THIS EPISODE

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Which Savage and Maul weren't. They can't be born sith (technically they could if they were members of the Sith species).

14. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    By the way, why didn't that Mandalorian Chick say "Frak"? Makes no sense and is out of character.

15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    No it's not when he got so many people to use to kill Maul and it's always his style.

There is only 2 Sith Lords usually, such powerful, overwhelming Dark Side of the Force could only be Sidious.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Inquiring minds want to know: is Maul's full name Maul Oppress? He introduced himself and Randy as Maul and Savage, first names only I noticed.

Oh, and I noticed how physically strong Savage was against the bounty hunters. Losing that green mist did not apparently slow him down in the least, so what purpose did the green mist even serve?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    What are you going on about?

I don't imagine Sidious caring much for any such thing, he's more about practicality. The "mantle" of Sith Master isn't worth any risk to Sidious. Maul can have the mantle, just as long as he stays out of the way and doesn't ruin his plans. Maul probably won't, but the mantle isn't important to Sidious.

Any portrayal of Sidious trying to "prove himself", especially at this point, is poor characterization, imo.

lol @ "mantle" when he's trying to become Emperor of the galaxy.

I don't know you anymore. Fanboy, you're breaking my heart!:_|
    [​IMG]

Just kidding, you were always about this stuff.

18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Actually you can summarize the episode like this:
    -"Let's get an army!"
    -"Done."

Though this episode was kinda rushed and some other bounty hunters should have died as well, not only the nameless ones, I really enjoyed this one and it will surely get a 10/10. It was great to see the Mandalorians doing more than just terrorizing random villagers, the fighting scenes were very well done, we had some funny dialogue, etc. ... I can't say much more than others did before. But can somebody tell me if those new aliens actually do something or are they just there?

And probably I shouldn't have watched "The Hobbit" before this episode, Savage bumping his head against the lamp just reminded me of Gandalf.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hah.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Black Sun go bye bye, real fast.

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You could say the sun set on Black Sun.

22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    But seriously, great episode; as expected - I hate the premise but the execution is brilliant.
    +Maul was actually good here
    +Lots of characters this episode, good ensemble
    +Not afraid to kill characters (the BS Falleen and Oruba)
    +The plot was actually logical, though, like someone said I believe it's a 2 month period or whatever
    +The animation was top notch (I swear they spent most of their effort on this arc and neglected the others :p )
    -Pacing was rushed
    -Plot convenience of Vizla just stumbling across the brothers in space
    -Vizla somehow being aware of the Rule of Two :confused:

8/10

I expect some 10/10s coming up...

Sitara and rumblewagon like this.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    This arc has reignited my passion for Star Wars.

V-2 likes this.
  24. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Such a great episode.

Some pros.
    + Great animation, especially on the landscapes and on the Darksaber
    + Such a great build-up, it felt really grandiose
    + LOVED the Bounty Hunters

And some cons.
    -Savage Opress is really getting on my breasts. I don't like him anymore. He actually roared. More of a roar than Embo's dog. Not cute.
    - I know it's sadistic but I wish they showed the headless Black Sun (?) leader
    - Some of the speech really sounded strange

8/10

rumblewagon likes this.
  25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I also imagine searing hot plasma slashed across your body would provoke more horrific screaming instead of just magically dropping dead, but of course, we're in a kids show...

Hope the live action series and 1313 show how cruel and merciless a lightsaber would actually be.