main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUC Character of the Year Awards

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by EUC CotY Awards, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Don't know, thought I would put Mander Zuma on the map

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm sure both Kir Kanos & Mander Zuma are going to get a lot of consideration. I have about ten characters on my list right now, both of them are on it, but of course some cuts will need to be made.[face_dunno]

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Plagiues is definitely in the running... I wonder who will shake up the EU in 2013... There were 6 books in 2012, 5 announced in 2013. I am predicting Ania Solo as Best new character for 2013...

Robimus likes this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I was excited about his return as well. Nom Anor needed to appear a little bit more.
    I was disapponted they did not show him at the end. And what happened to that little guy who was assisting General Vota? he just disappeared...

Samayel_ likes this.
  5. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    indeed, i puut Nom Anor as my number one character in my list, i thought during all the series that Ennix Devian was Nom Anor with an ooglith masker, but i was wrong.
    if it wasn´t Nom Anor behind the events of CEIII, i thought that it could be Lumiya seeking revenge after the kill of Carnor Jax (or at least a new apprentice on Kir Kanos)...
    BUT NO...
    at least, with the suspenssion of Invasion, i could see a Yuuzhan Vong appareance in just one issue.

General Immodet likes this.
  6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I have to say I do not really like the Vong.
    The only one I really liked was Nom Anor, just because he was manipulating things from behind the scenes.
    He is a really interesting character. I hope to see him again in the future in a novel/comic manipulating thing from behind the scenes.
    He could be the one to create a war between the Hutts and the Corporate Sector. Always wanted to see something like that happening in a book.
    Ulric Tagga could make an appearance as well as the head of the CS.

Hey, why is no one voting anymore?

7. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    The thread probably needs to be promoted more in Lit and Games.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Perhaps a pin?

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Indeed! EUC CotY Awards should make some publicity...
    Up till now I do not think many characters appeared in more than one list, so...

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The CotY was promoted in Lit in their Social Thread right at the start. I went to games, but couldn't find a general social thread to advertise this in. It was also advertised on the TV Forum and in Fanfic, in their social threads, iirc.

11. EUC CotY Awards

EUC CotY Awards Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2013
    For your consideration:

[​IMG]

Bo Katan burst on the scene in 2012 with Death Watch as Pre Vizsla's right hand woman. Then she almost ended the romance of Lux Bonteri and Ahsoka Tano before it ever got started. Now she is looking to reclaim Mandalore, alongside the Death Watch, over the next couple weeks on The Clone Wars.(Avoid posting spoilers for unaired episodes please).

Does Bo Katan have enough tricks and gadgets to become the EUC Character of the Year?

rumblewagon and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I feel like if the Death Watch takes over Mandalore, it will be a big we are sorry to Karen Traviss

13. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    2012 EUC Character of the Year Awards
    1. Darth Plaguies - Darth Plagueis
    2. Asajj Ventress - Bounty
    3. Cad Bane - The Box
    4. 11-4D - Darth Plagueis
    5. Bo-Katan - Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
    Best New Character of 2012: Bo-Katan

rumblewagon and Robimus like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Too bad we can't pick Plagueis or Jahan Cross for Best New Character. Still there were a lot of great new characters this year, from Tohm in Ghost Prison to Xesh in DOTJ. Tough choices.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I feel as though we need to pick like 5, then have a poll pop up to ultimately decide it...

16. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    Tohm is maybe not as bada$s like a jedi, sith or mandalorian, but is a very interesting character.

17. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    Gillad Pellaeon

Robimus likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, except Tohm has only one arm and is probably blind in one eye, yet still manages to hold his own against not only the deadliest warriors of the CIS but also the best cadets the Imperial Academies had to offer. That's one bad motherkriffer. And, it's hinted that he may have a minor connection to the Force.

Samayel_ likes this.
  19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm going to go off the board a little bit here :p

Rob's CotY Picks

1. Mander Zuma - Scourge
    2. Vitor Reige - Apocalypse
    3. Darth Krayt - Apocalypse
    4. Bo Katan - A Friend in Need
    5. Popara Anjiliac - Scourge

New: Bo Katan - A Friend in Need

rumblewagon and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  20. EUC CotY Awards

EUC CotY Awards Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2013
    We have come to what is roughly the halfway point of the CotY Awards and everything is going great! Thanks very much to everyone who has contributed thus far and I know a bunch of folks who are still working on their picks, so more is yet to come! Thus far we have 11 groups of picks in!

Also we fully expect each fan club to give 'their' characters a home field advantage of sorts, so don't be shy! :p

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm still working on my picks. Translation: I haven't taken the time and keep forgetting. :p But I'll do it soon. Helps that I read a lot of EU and watched all of TCW this past year.

Robimus likes this.
  22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    This election really shows there are three types of fans.
    1) The ones who watch TCW.
    2) The ones who read comics.
    3) The ones who read novels.

I consider myself part of the second group although I read novels as well.

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I do all three and am far from alone. ;) We have even had votes for Video Game characters and Action figures..

I'm not really seeing that at all, though I am surprised some comic characters haven't gotten more votes yet. While I haven't read DOTJ with all the good things I hear about it I'm surprised characters from it haven't been mentioned.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I'm definitely all three types. Anyway, I have finally made my picks, with plenty of time to spare!

EUC Character of the Year
    1. Darth Plagueis- Darth Plagueis
    2. Jahan Cross- Agent of the Empire: Iron Eclipse
    3. Laurita Tohm- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
    4. Hondo Ohnaka- TCW: Bound For Escape
    5. Trachta- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison

Best New Character of 2012- Lt. Laurita Tohm (Ghost Prison)

Honorable mentions go to Mander Zuma, Vestara Khai, Xesh, Dass Jennir, Connor Freeman, Moralo Eval, Miraj Scintel, Asajj Ventress, Ben Skywalker.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My picks:

EUC Character of the Year:

1. Darth Plagueis--Darth Plagueis
    2. Asajj Ventress--Revenge
    3. Bo Katan--A Friend in Need
    4. Moralo Eval--The Box
    5. Consinga Palpatine--Darth Plagueis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.