main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    MercenaryAce Yeah...I wasn't insulting you. That facepalm was for the dialogue, which seems to be something TCW would use. ;)

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    My apologies, I over reacted.

3. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Makes sense, I couldn't see him getting control of the entire Black Sun though his control over the Hutt Cartel seemed more... absolute.

But anyway, a fun episode and looked forward to this arc though seeing Maul's army... I really can't see it being a huge threat. A big alliance of criminal factions yes, but can't see it throwing the same weight around as the Republic and Separatists. But having said that, loved the Black Sun and yes seemed a bit cliche with Falleen being in charge as it makes it seem that every Falleen has to be affiliated with it but really enjoyed their robe designs and even the armor of the Black Sun troopers. But ugh... Mustafar a base again? Dont' mind the planet but they are kind of milking it more for its movie status then a setting. I mean, Sidious had a secret lab there... Black Sun operates there... its accessibility makes it seem like a poor choice by Grevious to send the Separatist Council there... mind you, that might have been by design as well since Sidious did intend to dispose of them at the end of the war.

And nice that Maul chooses them, it kind of ties back into the fact that he crippled the organization in the past and using that past mission that Sidious to build his own army. Also, good to see Maul trying to manipulate factions into joining him though his approach is more the blunt force version compared to Sidious. He goes 'join me or die' whilst Sidious has more elaborate and neatly done methods of gaining allies. And of course he and Vizla intend to backstab one another... but I got to say, Pre Vizla has a poor taste in allies :p

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah, it's starting to seem like it's just the place Palps sends people he hates to die. :p

Cronal likes this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's ok. :p What you said about humor is not included and I wanted to focus on the dialogue only.

6. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Info is up the site.

Filoni confirms he wanted to include the Black Sun specifically because of Maul's history with them. He figures that Maul would know more about them most, which he can use to his advantage in controlling them.

The trivia gallery has some more interesting stuff.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone else find it funny that Embo is the new Maul? A character with nothing to him beyond a cool look (allegedly... I don't personally see it) and badassness, and he's popular enough to get action figures...

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Just noticed that TCW's Gorga the Hutt has blue eyes, like the Jabba Tape version. Great little piece of visual continuity, even if the rest of his face looks different. Wonder if that was intentional, or just a happy coincidence.

9. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, didn't DP establish that Palpatine's Mustafar base originally belonged to one of the Black Sun vigos killed by Maul in the comic?

Although I would have liked it better if Palpatine instead was using the old Jedi Temple on Mustafar from Galaxies. I think that would have been better thematically.

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Still no Mustafarians on Mustafar...

Yes, after that it was owned by Damask Holdings.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There's a Jedi Temple on Mustafar now too?

Argh. I liked SWG a heck of a lot, but I guess even it wasn't immune to having everything from the movies show up. At least there was no Hoth... I think.

12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Echo_Base

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just really want to post a gigantic, 1000 x 1000 px face_plain right about now.

Zeta1127, Ulicus , Zorrixor and 2 others like this.
  14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Now now, have some SWG art to raise your spirits:
    [​IMG]

15. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Its Palps version of the Vader meeting when Anakin Force chokes his officers after failing! Anyone that fails Sidious gets sent to Mustafar...

Officer Gary: Has anyone seen Larry?
    Officer Stew: Oh, he failed Palpatine and had a meeting with the Emperor
    Officer Gary: What happened?
    Officer Stew: Nothing, he just got sent to Mustafar for some reason
    Officer Gary: Poor son of a nerf herder...
    Officer Stew: What? Why? Its just Mustafar!
    Officer Gary: Believe me buddy.... we aren't seeing him again... Larry had better chances of surviving a meeting with Vader instead of being sent to Mustafar...

:p

Hmmm, did it? Thats interesting, wouldn't mind that if thats the case.

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Temples have Jedi cooties.

17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    You're surprised that a video game featured the Battle of Hoth? :p

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, that's exactly why I'm as exasperated as I am. Because I really should have known better.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    HEADS WILL ROLL
    A more stunning version of Savage throwing his lightsaber down the length of the table and decapitating the Black Sun leaders exists, but it was edited for broadcast. The complete version will appear on the Blu-ray and DVD release.

Summer Dreamer and Darth_SHOT like this.
  20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It seems like the heads of this organization have...
    :cool:
    ... Falleen.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That was more heinous than Savage's own actions, Lugija.

Zeta1127, Esg and JackG like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So all Falleen wear Xizor's wardrobe...?

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just like all Rodians wear Greedo's stylish blue and orange ensemble. :p

24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Touché.

I never thought Xizor's outfit could look more ridiculous... and now I've seen it in TCW style. :p

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They're obviously his decoy handmaidens.