main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Dormé went back to sleep.:p

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    A love relationship between Anakin and his Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    A love relationship between Cody and Rex. "I dropped the soap"

;)

Just joking!

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, they once published a comic in which Anakin seemed to have a lot of attention for young ladies (the Tales comic in which his Lightsaber was stolen).
    In another Tales comic there was a guy who seemed to have a crush on Padmé.
    In another comic, Anakin seemed to getalong real well with Serra Keto.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I need to get those comics.

As far as the other pairings you mentioned: in fan fic it's all been done, both Obidala and Anisoka have unfortunately been done multiple times.

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Maybe not if he's not focused enough.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I did Anitine.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure Anakin is focused when he's having sex with Padme.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

"She feels that I'm too unpredictable. She won't let me move on. She's overly critical, she never listens! She...she doesn't understand. It's not fair!"

Valairy Scot, Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL what? Padme is Obi-Wan now?

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    She could get Anakin drunk first then start it.

General Immodet likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What would be the point of Anakin being tricked into sex by a handmaiden? It's not like that would make good storytelling.

You seem to be really looking for ways that one or the other of them could **** someone else, and I don't see any way that would positively contribute to the overall story.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I did not expect this image to suddenly move. [face_hypnotized]

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It could be interesting if some people refuse to accept Anakin could grow feeling of other women.

Personally I wrote a fanfic of Aniatine before.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If some people refuse to accept that Anakin could have feelings for other women, then to them it would not be interesting, it would be poor characterization.

But if you're suggesting it could be interesting in a way that is like trolling that portion of the fans, then yeah, it could be interesting to see them explode.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Or maybe "some people" just think love triangles are stupid, and that having sex with someone after getting them wasted does not equal "growing feelings."

But I see where this thread is going so...carry on. You're not selling me on the idea that a love triangle would make good storytelling.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Most of the great love stories got challenge(triangle), but right now there is none. Anakin should have many admirers because of his fame.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think he would betray Padme but it's totally possible for him to grow feeling of some other women but didn't go much further. Without challenge how could great love story be shown?

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. By that standard, daytime soaps have great love stories.

No thanks. If a love story must have a triangle to be considered "great," I'll take a bad love story or no love story.

There are far more creative ways to challenge a romantic couple than a triangle, and Anakin and Padme's marriage was certainly challenged well enough in ROTS (from which, thankfully, Lucas removed the moronic Obi-Wan/Padme suspicion in Anakin's mind).

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I like Anakin as much as anyone and I agree Anakin would no way be with anyone else. It would also go against the chivilric romance point of the whole thing. Anakin and Padme is tragic true love. Adding variables just detracts from the concept.

There are only two people responsible for Anakin's descent...Palpatine and Anakin.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I understand why some fans dislike the Anakin/Padme relationship, although I'm a fan of it myself.

But for all the complaints people have, there is nothing about a love triangle that would make it better. The only salvation for the ridiculous triangle in the OT was the revelation that Luke and Leia were siblings.

thesevegetables likes this.
  22. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Anakin was totally crushing on Serra Keto although she wasn't impressed.
    Serra Keto sent out a distress message and Anakin went to rescue her in a craft made for one person.
    He even asked her if she wanted to go check out the crystalline asteroids or something but she was like "take me back to Coruscant NOW".

DM66 likes this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Many great love stories such as Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina and Gone with the Wind had triangle like relationship, at least one of the couple had feeling of other people. Compare to these, Anakin and Padme's story is just like meh.

To truly challenge a romantic couple, the best way is always another attractive and charismatic man/woman.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Opinion noted.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why? The love story of the two is quite vague in the movie, and Anakin never met someone who's as charming as Padme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.