main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I would love to see a SW live-action series take place in the underworld of Coruscant (or another planet's underworld). The films have touched on this seedy side (i.e. Cantina & Jabba's Palace, as well as the AOTC Coruscant bar scene), but have never fully explored this.

That being said, I agree that the show probably wouldn't do well (outside of some loyal SW fans like myself watching this). People would start to watch it wanting it to be like the films, and when it wasn't, would turn away.

In any case, based on what I've read so far, there's a good chance this will never happen anyway.

Back in Summer '99 on these very forums, IIRC there was some fairly legitimate-sounding info. on a possible X-wing Fighter/Rouge Squadron TV show that was supposedly in the very, very early planning stages. However, this obviously never came to pass....

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe we will get a Rogue Squadron show now... As the "early" post RotJ background story
    John Cussack as Wedge Antilles

themetresgained likes this.
  3. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    It would be great if the House of Tagge was one of the rival families.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of Desilijic Clan versus Xixor's Black Sun, throw Boba Fett in the middle being bought buy both sides... Could throw in Embo and Sugi from TCW on Jabba's side.

Then a Organa plot versus the Empire (secretly of course).

Plots between Politics and Underworld crisscross with Jabba being bought by Organa to help, then turning, ect...

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah but... does anyone on TCW compare to this awesomeness?

No. No I don't think so. Not even Hondo can scrounge up duds of that garish magnitude.

Heck, I demand a House of Tagge family sitcom.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Please no, if we let the Tagge family go, then I will support San Hill living...

7. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see Aurra Sing show up as a regular character.

[​IMG]

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's an epic screen grab of Aurra.

9. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Why were they so caught up on the budget? Why didn't Lucas just fund it himself like he did the PT? He would obviously make all his money back and many more besides.

The best format would be HBO style 12 episode 50 min advertisement free format. Allows adult themes and gore.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think we need an HBO style of nudity and sexual content. I think the tone of Lost/Breaking Bad/Brothers of Anarchy would easily suffice. 42 minutes is more than enough to tell the story in.

The problem with the budget was typically you film on location for television shows to prevent alot of CGI needs, however, for a quality show in the Star Wars universe you would need special effects for the blaster lights, lightsabers, ships, aliens, city scape, ect... The problem is they could not create a show with cost effective CGI until the graphics to price ratio went down...

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm kind of hoping this underworld show never sees the light of day, especially if MaCallum is vouching for the scripts. He's the last guy I would listen to. He's too much of a yes man, in my opinion.

Besides, in light of the ST coming out in '15, I'm starting to think too much Star Wars will only make the saga feel too exposed and not as special as it was before.

Live action Star Wars belongs on the big screen, anyway.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    While I agree, that McCallum is not the guy I want involved, I think that a live action dark times series could have potential. But keep it being formation of Alliance versus Empire, with Hutts and Bounty Hunters in the middle

13. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    What I thought was very cool in this weeks Clone Wars that I don't see anyone talking about is we got a whole new Lucas created species (according to Filoni) The Pyke! Leading suppliers of spice to the criminal underworld. Obv. spice has been part of Star Wars lore a long time, influenced by Dune, going back to the "Spice mines of Kessel." Surely if the live action series deals with the Underworld and these guys are the leading dealers of spice they can't not be a part of it? Maybe they were developed for the live action series? I bet we will be seeing Lom Pyke and the Pyke Syndicate on the live action show. I especially believe this considering Filoni went out of his way to say the species was created by Lucas.

[​IMG]

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    At the very least they will be in the rest of this Dark Alliance Arc that is going

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    To be fair, back in 2003 and 2005 the microseries was going on between II and III. Never lost my charm for Star Wars.

I imagine that we'll see the Live Action Series sometime between VII and VIII, to bridge the three year gap.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    These are a really cool design aren't they?

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  18. IndyRedLeader

IndyRedLeader Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2013
    For the record, all of this could happen on any cable channel. Cable channels do not have decency requirements; only over-the-air broadcasters are bound to those rules. Meaning that Disney could put a Star Wars LA show on A&E (which they own half of) and have it be just like Game of Thrones, if that's what they wanted to do.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    They still are regulated by the FCC. While I love Game of Throne, I find the showing of sexuality in it realistic but unnecessary in many cases. Are we going to walk into Jabba's palace where all the women are topless? I would rather not see that on television. I know alot would disagree but kids will try and watch it cause they think it is like TCW

20. IndyRedLeader

Jan 20, 2013
    No. The Decency Guidelines do not apply to cable tv. That's how shows like American Horror Story and others air on cable.

But I agree, I don't want the LA to go too far down that road.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Decency Guidelines do apply to cable TV, the FCC still watches it. South Park has a liason to the FCC to try and sell scenes as appropriate for tv.

But if we aren't going to have nudity, then might as well make it as realistic as Walking Dead/SoA/Breaking Bad

22. IndyRedLeader

Jan 20, 2013
    Really, they don't:

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/oip/

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, & American Horror Story. I was/am also a big fan of Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, and other HBO shows. These are all great, edgy, shows, and IMHO definitely not for kids.

And, I do completely agree that extremely graphic violence and/or nudity definitely do not belong in a SW film or TV show - this should be a show that kids can watch & enjoy, as well as adults.

And, re: the violence, you could argue that the films are violent enough; I was re-watching ANH recently (for the first time in years), and I'm surprised that the film was able to get a PG rating at that time - just the scene of Beru & Owen's bodies is fairly disturbing, let alone Walrus man's arm, etc. Raiders of the Lost Ark (another PG film) is the same way. Of course, the PG-13 rating didn't exist then...

24. IndyRedLeader

Jan 20, 2013
    I don't know how many times I watched that scene in ANH, and I JUST saw the bodies for the first time not too long ago.

rumblewagon likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    My dad pointed that out the first time I saw it. Thanks dad. But yeah, I don't mind slightly graphic scenes. I think we are all in the same page. And I learned something today

TreborSabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.