main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Just watched it.

Finally some action, I love when the bad guys are the protagonists of the episode.

Maul is showing his smarts. No wonder Sidious doesn't want him back. Maul is back and in a short time plots not only for revenge but he's also scheming to control it all..He's ambitious, maybe too ambitious for his own good. A good sign of maybe why Sidious decides to finish things off with his own hands. What Maul has shown in such a short time with ZERO army or military backing is remarkable. If Maul was in Dookus place right now can Sidious really trust him?. Not a chance, Dooku is loyal to a fault. He's more of a dark jedi than a Sith, he doesn't have the vision and Sidious knows it.

Anyways It was a great episode and I hope this continues. By the way I didn't mind the lion roaring from Savage. I actually like it.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Yeah, dark is not automatically better and TCW has done dark for the sake of it in the past but here it was done well. There was a real sense of consequence with all the deaths. If anything they are doing it for the sake of Maul but oh well. This kicked the crap out of most the rest of season 5.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    dat quote pyramid

Never mind, it's gone.

4. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Did anyone else catch that dumb pig getting shot like a total tool by that Mandalorian? Great stuff.

5. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    How do you do Spoiler Tags?

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    That was actually one of the best parts of the entire episode. Someone should make a video of it.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I certainly won't begrudge anyone for enjoying it, that's for sure.

Personally, though, Zabracks from Maul in Episode I, to Agen Kolar, Maris Brood, Kao Cen Darach (TOR trailer) and TCW's own Sugi, Eeth Koth and Opress himself (and his clansmen) have consistently been portrayed as highly sentient, thoughtful and evolved near-humans. Now for this species to suddenly, inexplicably feature a very wild-sounding, animalistic roar just feels out-of-character. I'd be remiss, I suppose, were I not to mention that one of Savage's own kin was known as "Feral," but I think one has to admit that Feral's personality was shown to be anything but wild. In the end, the best answer is that it simply doesn't ring true for me. It comes across as silly-sounding to me, without much of a background to suggest its use. An add-on meant to demonstrate menace, but which, in its contrivance, actually achieves the opposite effect.

That said, I'm leaning towards taking Savage's roars as his version of a Sith hiss (as demonstrated by Vader on Cloud City, Sidious in the Senate rotunda and Maul in the hangar on Theed). That is, something not inherent to his species, but rather a reflection of his immersion in the Dark Side of the Force. The sound-effect itself is still silly to me, but maybe I've stumbled on to a way of at least looking past it without it bothering me quite so much.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Christ some of the spelling on this board is appalling.

choke/choking - not chock/chocking
    their hands - not there hands
    arc - not arch
    protagonists - not protagagonists
    Sidious - not Sideous
    Opress - not Oppress
    Star Wars canon - not cannon

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    i thought it was spelled that way [face_laugh]

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Thank God, we can't have our children looking at Maul's full-frontal nudity!

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Is it spelled or spelt?

V-2 and DarthKreVass like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    According to dictionary.com, either, but the primary definition of "spelt" there is a type of wheat used as livestock feed in Europe.

Especially when they might ask questions about where his penis went and what that colostomy bag is. Oh, wait...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Correctly.

[spoiler = "SPOILER"] Put spoiler here. [ /spoiler]

Remove the spaces I added, and hit preview to make sure you got it right.

If you still can't figure it out, it's also at the bottom of this page.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't wait to see this on Blu Ray, the animation quality in this episode and in Revival blows away what we've seen before on the show. I was only able to watch on the OS, but even there the mix was pretty good. Hopefully, unlike the past seasons, they'll take advantage of the surround channels on BR.

I think this is one of the best episodes of the season, though Revival edges this one out for me. I do think the pacing was a little too fast and the speed at which Maul raised an army was pretty unrealistic.
    I'm giving this one an 8/10

Seerow and InterestingLurker like this.
  15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Is this the first episode that just centered on villains? Not grey characters or anti-heroes, but all-out villains?

Sitara likes this.
  16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No, there's also Massacre.

Sitara likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    you don't need the spoiler at the end

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you do. I've always put it there. Most HTML and BBCodes require a closing tag.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Unfortunately Obi-Wan and Anakin were shoe-horned into "Nightsisters", but they weren't in "Monster". I count the whole trilogy, personally. "Massacre" and "Bounty" features only villains, as well. "Brothers" too, if you discount the sinister moments.

I also count Padawan Lost, Sphere of Influence, The Academy, Mercy Mission, Nomad Droids, Darkness on Umbara, The General, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell, A Friend in Need, Secret Weapons and A Sunny Day in the Void. Nothing but villains in those episodes.

20. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    No close tag is needed but then it doesn't end of course

Test

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i've never put a closing tag and it works fine

22. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    my bad guys, this and the other responders all made perfect sense. I thought that the "force choke," no matter its intended purpose, was a dark side "tactic" if you will, that Jedi did not use and were trained not to.

But you could say the same about Mace Windu's force push that crushed part of Grievous's lungs as he fled Coruscant.

StarWarsFan91
    The risk of murder though would seem to be something the Jedi stray away from, especially with three years of planning to rescue Han from the Palace ;)

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Xenforo tries to close it for you automatically. Typically you would want to added the [/spoiler] yourself. If you don't and you also have something like a quote in then Xenforo will automatically screw it up every time.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I wonder where Rotta was? He's usually hanging out with Jabba.

pronker likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    probably got kidnapped again