main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    how did the Hutts escape? they don't scream mobility to me.. Jabba is in pretty much 3 spots the whole film saga (podrace, Falcon, and Palace)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Trap doors, then they slide down slides to their ships.

3. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    makes..........................................................................................complete sense

V-2 likes this.
  4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    It wasn't Oruba's lucky day, his trap door jammed.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Absolutely, though I think some people missed the hints pointing to Mace skating on dark side ice in ROTS.

Mace has his justifications, but justifications aren't really the Jedi way.

I'm generalizing, but an aggressive overuse of the Force is not the Jedi way and can lead to the dark side.

You can justify Luke's actions with the Gamorreans, but a Jedi strives to find a better way.

Mace crushing Grievous' lungs is a great example of symbolism and the dark side. Lucas likes to say that the Force, or life force, is deeply connected to breathing, or the breath of life, if you will. To choke someone is to cut them off from the breath of life, from the Force, from nature. Evil, no? Vader and Grievous both struggle to breathe, so their connection to the Force, to life itself, is tainted, which plays a part in their evil. It's a psychological aspect, but it's also kinda shallow, implying that deformity/frailness and evil go hand in hand. The whole "more machine than man" is a part of that, too. Losing a part of yourself and having it replaced by something unnatural can and often does have a major psychological effect on people, but it doesn't go hand in hand with evil, though society certainly used to think that way considering how the deformed have been treated historically. It's a visual thing I guess, something Lucas focuses on.

Uh, Maul used the Force choke in Eminence, and both he and Savage are part machine, so this is totally on topic. Totally.

6. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    actually Batman, secretly working with Pre Vizsla, apprehended the one Hutt he could.

"If I get him to you, can you get him to talk"
    "I can get him to mumble.."
    "BATMAN IS IN"

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  7. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    To be honest, that's was what I was thinking about when Maul was about to sip that stuff Pre Vizla gave him. Where does all that stuff that Maul eats go when it is close to being 'ejected?' [face_thinking]

V-2, Sitara and Order66Survivor like this.
  8. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Maybe Vizla was just testing how tough he is, can you drink this tea with no way to eject it [one way I spose] or will you take the cowards way and refuse.

Order66Survivor and pronker like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fanboy put it best a few pages back:

Writers who insist on resurrecting dead characters do not consider the implications beyond "ZOMG! Some of the fandom is pissed off that this character died! We can't come up with another villain that they'd like as much so we HAVE TO BRING THIS ONE BACK!!!"

10. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Enormous amount of testing in this ep, so tea drinking is simply another way. Pre *and I only know him from TCW, if he's in gaming, sorry I don't know about those* really impressed in voice acting and demeanor, reaching for knowledge and support anyway he can to oust those pesky pacifists. He's smart enough to know when he's being used, I think, and if not, Bo is there to advise. *goes to watch ep for 2nd time*

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I prefer to think of it as something like this:

[​IMG]

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, if Maul ate a Big Mac.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  13. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Exactly. Real fighting isn't really like it is in a game; it's not like a matter of whose stats are higher. A lot is based on who's having a bad day, or just on luck.

I'm guessing you didn't grow up in a place that had a lot of mafia activity. Trust me, ever since the Apalachin meeting, important mobsters always have an escape plan, especially from someplace they frequent regularly. Only the absolute dumbest Hutt in the place would have come to a summit meeting without a quick escape plan.

I think that would have required the Slave Ahsoka outfit. And by that I mean the one from the comics that they wouldn't show in the TCW slaver arc last season.

Has Favreau been taking voice lessons? This episode made Pre Vizsla sound way less like he just jumped out of hyperspace direct from the Bronx.

I'm really not too sure about that. I mean, the SIth have been gone a long time, but they created a lot of trouble in history. It would be maybe something like somebody saying he was a Jacobin in the modern world - average schlubs might not know what that was, but any reasonably well-educated person would.

The Jaig eyes Maul saw on Vizsla's helmet indicated that he was more than just some schlub.

I'm not sure there really is such a thing as a dark side-only power. Some Jedi can even use a form of Force Lightning.

Besides, Luke wasn't quite the goody two-shoes type that the PT Jedi were. Then again, their isolation from contact with the dark side let Palps run circles around them.

Yeah, this episode was basically a 22-minute version of an 80s movie montage punctuated by a couple of fights. Not that I'm complaining - it was a setup episode for a multipart arc, and as such, keeping things moving along smartly is a good thing. The fights were good, too. And it was most definitely welcome after four episodes of WACky and the Frogman.

Now that sounds like a morning zoo team if I ever heard one! "Time to wake up, Coruscant! You're with WACky and the Frogman on 2642.7, the Big Bantha! We're WACky and the Frogman, along with the Goofy Gungan on sports, Rainy the Hutt with weather, and sky traffic on the threes with R6-N4!"

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm surprised, what with all of Darth Maul's recruiting, they don't gather the Zabrak tribes on Dathomir, too. They seem like they would make good bodyguards for Maul and his brother.

Order66Survivor and cwustudent like this.
  15. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    This is a very good point that hadn't occurred to me. The only reason I can think of for not doing that is that Maul is trying to gather his forces in relative secrecy, and recruiting his former tribe (which the Jedi know about) would be too obvious a move and might attract unwanted attention before he is ready to move into the open.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pretty good episode. I can tell that there's a lot of good stuff to come if this was only setup. the action scenes were great with all the Death Watch flying around and pwning Black Sun and Hutt Cartel members. Savage bumping his head was actually funny, too. Clearly a lot of tension between Maul and Vizsla. Maul and Savage should have been able to easily overpower Sugi and Embo, but whatevs. Interesting, since Sugi is a Zabrak as well.

The line about Jabba's Palace was pretty funny and clever. If the writing quality remains this good for the whole arc, this could very well turn out to be one of the best if not the best-written arcs in the show. I mean, we all know it's gonna be awesome, but I like to approach this show one ep at a time, dammit! :p

17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Better then the droids arc

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    This is the second time we've seen Nal Hutta and I'm still waiting to see Nar Shadda in orbit around it. Also not enough use of the force by the Sith ( and Jedi) as well.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    it would be too obvious if he did that

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "What Maul gets up to. Wow..."

Just got around to watching this. Witwer did a great job with this commentary. It make me wish he'd been in M.I.A. Interesting tidbits about the Deathwatch having a code of honor (although not to sure what that is) and Maul using this to his advantage. I also like how Filoni hinted at bigger goals than just revenge on Kenobi for Maul. Maul building his own underground empire.

LOL at Maul thinking nobody will notice.

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

"Maul, I noticed..."

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ok, this is great... Just unearthed this quote from Filoni last year in an IGN interview at the end of Season 4:

IGN: With "A Friend in Need," I just have to say: Quadruple decapitation… One of the coolest things in Season 4.
    Filoni: It was emblematic.

IGN: [Laughs] Does that mean in Season 5 we'll get someone cutting off five heads at once?

Filoni: We'll give you five in 5. Don't worry. [Laughs] Not a problem, not a problem. That's a promise.

Black Sun! He wasn't kidding, I so thought he was at the time! Filoni FTW

Heres the article good tidbits throughout:
    http://http://www.ign.com/articles/...he-clone-wars-looking-back-at-season-4?page=3

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Emphasis on 'relative'. No way it stays secret for long. He let Sugi and the other hunters live. Jabba's not stupid. Either of them could call Palpatine, Obi-Wan or the Council and let them in on what's going on.

I must say, I was disappointed Jabba didn't have a death trap waiting for Maul and Savage. As much as OT nods for the sake of nods annoy me, that was one instance where I was hoping to see either a rancor or a precursor that Maul and Savage would obviously have to kill. Instead, Jabba just folds a bit too quickly.

24. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Jabba sent him away for safety. From Shadow Conspiracy.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Or maybe Jabba ate him at a point when there was a food shortage.