main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Har har Disney show SW ringtone

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    About last week's episode...

1) Why did Dreamy want Belle to go off hunting monsters? If they were friends, wouldn't he think that hunting a dangerous monster might be, y'know, dangerous? Does he want to off her?

2) Why the FRAK did Belle mislead the hunters and go off after the monster by HERSELF? For a character that's supposed to be intelligent, that seemed awfully dumb of her--especially since she has no monster-slaying abilities at all.

3) Belle's accent is starting to get more annoying than Regina's silly evil voice

3. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    HELL YEAH RINGTONE!!!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    CHIP! :(

Heee! I loved having Hook and Emma back together. Especially with his first line to her being "hello beautiful" and then her telling the EMTs that Hook could wait.

The most distracting thing about this episode was Viktor's eyeliner, though.

5. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah... there's an awful lot of guyliner in this show...

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    CHIP! :( Seeing Rumple so desperate to have Belle back and having his hope shattered was well done.

SW ringtone - lol.

Regina and Cora are making me feel 'meh'. I mean, how many times does Cora have to completely screw Regina over before Regina finally puts a stop to her?

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I loved how complete genuine he was too. "Oh yeah, if anything happens to Belle, I'll kill every single one of you." Come on, Emma, you gotta admit that's kinda sweet.

VadersLaMent and s65horsey like this.
  8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, oh man that was great. Carlyle is such an amazing actor.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    So I absolutely loved this episode. Most of you have been obsessed with Rumple the whole show but I'm one of those people who likes to hate the bad guys of a show. I still despise Ben Linus from Lost. He was an amazing bad guy and I can appreciate that but I loathe him. Rumple was like that for me until this episode. Now I'm sort of cheering for him. Not entirely sure what changed, perhaps it is what Rachel mentioned above concerning Belle but man I like him.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "Oh yeah, if anything happens to Belle, I'll kill every single one of you."

That is my favorite line from every episode I have seen so far.

I have to say I really liked the Dr Frankenstein story, and the visuals used to tell it were cool.

11. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I'm actually hoping that they have allowed Regina the chance to grow and that she's faking it with Cora. Rather than just trying to take her out straight away (which considering the sheer amount of unknowns Cora poses is a bit foolhardy) she's setting up a betrayal that will (in her mind at least) redeem her to Henry. That it would take care of Cora but fail in changing minds would just be the kind of way things turn out for Regina.

12. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I thought it was kind of unnecessary. I mean, as someone who relies on being able to judge people well, he should know that, whatever problems he's had with Snow and Charming, they aren't the type who would go after him through Belle.

Anyhow, my best line of the episode was: "You do understand that there's a difference between computer hacking and hacking with a pickaxe, right?"

Yeah, I actually do think that's what's going on. I think the deciding moment was when...

Cora lied to her about where she found Henry's handprint impression. I think that told Regina that Cora will never stop lying to her, no matter what

13. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Meh, my favorite part of the show has always been the dynamic between Regina and Emma so I've been growing bored with this season. I did like the nice bit of interaction between Ruby and Whale and the line: "To find Emma. And Henry. And the two idiots."

And I'm sure we're gonna get a back story episode on Cora but I kinda just want her to be unapologetically evil. We've already got sympathetic Rumple and Regina, I want an Emperor to balance out the Darth Vaders.

14. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    And we finally get to see Snow's mother, in the form of Rena Sofa. Woot!!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aww the return of Hurley the Giant!

I also loved the quick reference to Ajira Airways. I LOLed.

So from next week's preview, I take it Bae is actually Emma's boy/Henry's father, or they find August instead?

Or some weird way August is actually Bae?

16. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Those were all of my thoughts. It has to be someone who's already been introduced on the show. I'm not sure if it's Henry's father, though, because the guy seemed to be lankier and taller than him.

And Cora, Regina and Hook having control over Rumple? Oh, man!

17. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    So our giant falls into a deep well(?) and is hanging on a pipe. Our intrepid heroes tie a rope to a truck and lower Charming down. And Charming is apparently strong enough to hold himself up with one hand and also pull Tiny up to the rope with the other? Despite the fact that even human sized, Tiny is at least twice his size?

And then everyone pulls the rope up. Instead of, you know, using the truck that the rope is tied to.

Yes, that is my biggest complaint about the episode.

18. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    lol! My husband walked into the room during that scene and said the same thing! He's a climber and was like, "oh come on!" It was pretty lame.

19. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Well played sirs, well played. You gave us what we all guessed was going to happened, and then threw yet another curve at us at the last minute.

And I think my theory about Regina is getting more likely.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Shouldn't Bae be like 10 years older than Regina?

21. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    There's nothing to say that the portal he went through only traversed space. Could be he was dumped out at a different time to when he went in. He seems to be only a few years older than Emma.

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yep, we guessed it, but it was still a great reveal. What I appreciate about the show is they don't go all 'soap opera-y' and drag out these stories for a long time. Bae's the father - fine, reveal it and resolve it in one episode. I wanted more of a reaction from Rumple on the fact that Henry is his grandson but the final shot kind of got to that. I can't imagine that Bae will abandon Henry and let them go to Storybrooke without him. I wonder if he'll ultimately help his father when Regina and Cora get their hands on the dagger.

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    This. :)

I also think I'm slowly getting over the fact that the actor is the same one from True Blood.

It's interesting that Rumple is now in the same situation as Regina. Both want to prove that they've changed, but both are undoing that by sticking to means that will actually prove to Henry and Bae that they haven't changed.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh I know. I keep expecting a Cajun accent.

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  25. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002