main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    ISTR that Kathleen Kennedy was on the panel that announced Crucibe -- so maybe we can have a glimmer of hope!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You mean to tie us in?

3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I found on Christie Golden's website and her email address so I'm sending her a message about SOTJ! Hoping she'll write me back or something.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I have e mailed back and forth with Allston a few time about some of his minor Jedi

5. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    How long did it take him to reply back?

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    A week or so. It was a few years ago...

7. Sith93Apprentice

Sith93Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    I don't Think Christy Golden answers her mail. she seems to be a busy person judging from the number of projects she has had out before. I tried writing her first before I ever posted on this site about Vestara and never got a reply. If she has her address posted publicly, it's probably just a spam trap and she is likely very selective about what mail to answer. I was really disappointed because I really liked her character contribution, but she's just a cheap run-of-the-mill villain just like Lumyah. there's nothing interesting about her now and that's a real shame. I had hoped so much more for that one.

8. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    The comment I made was that it was announced with the knowledge that Episode VII was incoming.

A personal theory I have regarding Episode VII is that, with Crucible and Sword of the Jedi, and the actors of the Big 3 being of that age, those two will set up the time period of Episode VII. And Jaina will be a major character.

This may not be much, but why exactly, for the Kotobukiya Star Wars Bishoujo statue, was Jaina Solo made and not any of the more established movie characters? And we have a Jaina-centric trilogy. Jaina's more than likely gonna appearing in Episode VII.

9. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone asked Star Wars Books on Facebook if they had a release date for SOTJ and SW books replied back they had nothing to report you so we do know it's not cancelled!

10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I kinda hope that the SotJ trilogy is the Sequel trilogy. With Crucible as a Labyrinth of Evil-type book. Except maybe the movies focus on Ben, but the books focus on Jaina but there about the same events from different points of view. Kathleen Kennedy said that the new trilogy would be an original story but not that there would be a trilogy based on it...

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting Theory, however I see Crucible and SotJ acting as Labyrinth type books for the elder and younger generations...

12. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt SOTJ will be the ST. It'd be to confusing for general audiences who haven't read the EU. How many younger SW fans are even aware of the EU?

13. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What do you mean for "Elder and younger generations"?

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Only in Lit could people possibly think that there is a chance for the sequel trilogy to have anything to do with an upcoming book series. It's adorable. We'll be lucky if the entire EU isn't overridden or declared alternate canon.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They wouldn't have contracted Christie Golden to write the entire Sequel Trilogy (and before the movies even come out).

Jedi_Glover likes this.
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke, Han, Leia= Elder Generation
    Jaina, Ben, Jag= Younger Generation

17. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Allana also!

Zahn didn't mention anything about SOTJ during his Scoundrels Q&A :( Did anyone asks him anything about it?

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Some people did, but I knew for mine to get answered it had to be about Scoundrels. Most questions were like "How did you get the idea?" But for the most part we kept to his corner of the EU world. I tried bringing up Mara, to which he said, he loved writing Mara. It was funny this one guy in Eastern Europe kept asking the same question. Finally after an hour Mr. Zahn answered it, and then the guy moved on to "What do you think of Jediism as a serious religion?"

I must say I felt bad for the author as it was literally an ambush by fans on Facebook. Which is why I made one serious question then just sat back and watched.

He did say he had been too busy to read any of the other EU recently. So I guess that is basically, I am gonna keep doing my thing they can keep doing theirs. It was great though. The little morsels of information was good to see.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd imagine Reddit AMAs are pretty much this or worse. And President Obama did one of those.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah pretty much. It was a funny at points, you would have the people who were like HI TIM! then gone, then you had the people who kept asking the same question, or groups of people asking the same groups of questions...

21. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Does anyone else think we could get some news on this at the Celebration Europe II?

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't know. I just hope this book happens.

23. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    It will. Like I said someone recently asked Star Wars Books on FB if there was a release date set and they replied back nothing to report yet. If it was cancelled they would've said it and I don't think they'd leave the Lost Tribe story line hanging.

24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    They need to finish that one up quick... Jaina and crew go and get rid of all of them, maybe Vestara and one other survive.

25. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm surprised Vestara wasn't said to be heavily featured in this. Surely Golden will bring her back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.