main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Yes, along with Starbucks and McDonald's, the Jedi now also have a location in Hell.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Some other things:
    -The Pyke ship is a piece of unused episode 3 concept art (p. 26 - Gunship)

-The Shadow collective is very interesting considering how Mandolorians and Black Sun would be very strongly connected in both Force Unleashed and I believe Star Wars Galaxies. Not to mention Xizor flying a MandelMotors fighter.

-One thing that seems really odd in retrospect: You took over Black Sun and you have no credits? I knew the organization was falling on hard times but sheesh.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They were being eclipsed.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Maul was lying, he had some in his Gamorrean Bank.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I love you.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm sure many people noted this already, but I've never seen it mentioned on the boards explicitly.
    The look of Maul from Old Wounds is the same as TCW's version.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If that comic was canonised because of this show...

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Owen Lars gets to kill a Sith Lord ;)
    [​IMG]

Ulicus likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Knowing the quirky way TCW combines the EU with its own ideas, it almost wouldn't surprise me if Jabba calls up Owen to do some Sith-Busting.

Ok, ok, I know that can't happen because of the book. But one can dream.

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Nothing definitive. TCW is stupid but they've got smart business sense; they won't kill Maul off this quickly.

11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Would not be the first time Jabba gets the local militia together, ;) there was that one time in the Republic comics to fight off the Tusken led by Hett and afaik he also organized the milita to help the Jedi during the Clone Wars to fight off the Seps that had set up shop in his backyard in Galactic Battlegrounds.

12. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Hmmm, thats actually kind of interesting as I never thought about the implications of this alliance in the long term. Would be interesting if Black Sun retained ties with the Death Watch and Mandalorians as a result of their time in the Shadow Collective. Don't the Hutt Cartel use MandalMotor ships in Galaxies? Not saying that just because they were in the Shadow Collective that they gained Mandalorian ships... a shipwright would likely sell to any customer but it just makes it an interesting possible tie-in.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Maul's dead this time, Obi-Wan. Accept it."

14. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    Question to those who watch The Clone Wars. How much of Star Wars: Republic has been retconned?

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Directly? Nothing. The trick is just fitting it in around the show, which presents itself as covering basically the whole length of the war.

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    This really cannot be stressed enough.

17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I don't think it's ever presented itself as covering everything along the timeline. There's one season 2 episode that hints at a few events in the books (The Cestus Deception) and previous show, but without going into detail or even meaning to make a definitive timeline placement of those events (according to the episode's trivia section).

18. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't know if this has been previously mentioned or not. But I think all this Mandalore junk is really gonna work out. Think about it: Mandalore is in ruin, there is complete anarchy; Pre Vizsla, Maul, and Savage Oppress are all dead. Darth Sidious doesn't want 1,000 systems to follow this trend. He's aware of a group called the Mandalorian Protectors under the leadership of a clone deserter and all this goes with the previously-established EU from the Republic Commando series.

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Haha! It's now been confirmed that the Umbaran starfighter design was inspired by sauropod dinosaur cervical vertebrae.

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  20. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Obsession has been retconned so that Adi doesn't die on Boz Pity, that's the biggest in the comic sense. Other than that, Republic is just facing lots of timeline changes and minor issues (weird rehasing of battles, for example).

Esg and SomethinSomethinDarkSide like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Republic was lucky since it focused more on Quinlan Vos and other minor Jedi more than Anakin and Obi-Wan. A lot can remain exactly the same, since, bar a mention or two, these stories can happen at the time they do or easily move around with no impact.

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's my fundamental problem with the show, the show presenting itself as covering basically the whole length of the war, when I was perfectly happy with the multimedia project, despite only having read the Dark Lord Trilogy and Republic Commando series.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Wait...you're saying you haven't even read most of the Clone Wars books?

:oops:

Slater and Random Comments like this.
  25. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    There's a few major canon issues that will have to be retconned, like Gallia's death on Boz Pity and Piell's death in the Citadel on Lola Sayu, but other than that IMO it's doing a pretty good job keeping the continuity since there's so much EU material. And IMO, unless you are the kind of person who can't live with an obscure little thing being out of place in the canon, it's not that big of a deal if something small is changed.