main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Were Vader and Sidious the only Sith at this time?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth Ruian, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Darth Ruian

Darth Ruian Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2013
    During Episodes IV-VI, were Darth Vader and Darth Sidious the only Sith alive? I know after VI Darth Caedus and all those other Sith are born, but during those times were there any unmentioned members of the Order of Sith Lords?

2. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    the where probably plenty of dark-siders running around, but true sith lords?? nah....probably only palps and vader

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yep, just Palps and Vader.

4. Darth Ruian

Jan 21, 2013
    womps

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That said, if you allow EU content, there's the Lost Tribe of the Sith, on Kesh- whose leaders called themselves Dark Lords of the Sith. Most of the other dark side factions present in the galaxy didn't call themselves Sith, even if some of their knowledge was Sith-derived. Like the Prophets of the Dark Side, and the Sorcerers of Tund, both Sith splinter factions.

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, if we're getting into EU, I doubt Palpatine and Vader would consider those others Sith due to ideological differences, and would probably try to destroy them if they'd know of their existence, especially if they wouldn't integrate into Palpatine's plan the way the Prophets did.

ILNP likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Nah, there were like millions of Sith all over the place, they're fairly common.

Sitara and Saintheart like this.
  8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The last Sorcerer, Rokur Gepta, wiped out the rest of the order with a superweapon after learning their secrets- I suppose he could have been sent to them by Palpatine to do exactly that.

Esg and DarthBoba like this.
  9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, about the only dark-side cult I can think of that Palpatine didn't attempt to exterminate would be the Nightsisters. Not sure why, tbh :p

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe because they were close to him in power? In the CoPL novel it's mentioned that he was actually afraid of Gethzerion.

Perhaps TCW might shed light on Palpatine's plans regarding them.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Since most of the other dark side or Sith factions mostly kept to themselves, or wore stuck on their planet, they were not a threat

12. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Movie-canon. Yes.

EU canon, no.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Movie canon doesn't actually say one way or another.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Movie canon says there can only be two Sith. And we see them.

15. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    There are more Sith, Darth Sidious and Emperor Palpatine are two different charecters. Just a little pre-ROTS humor :p.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Movie-wise yes. EU-wise no.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Movie Yoda says there can only be two Sith- and we know he's fallible.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep.

19. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    "Movie canon" doesn't confirm anything. Yoda, an old coot who couldn't notice a kid he's known for 14 year was turning into an Jedi-hating monster randomly blurts out that there are only two Sith based on a rumor he heard 800 years ago.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sith scenes in the movies corroborate Yoda's intel.

Yes, it does.

But feel free to think there are others...

21. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."GL
    "There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."-GL

V-2 likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I've always thought of that as a bit of a slap in the face to the writers his company is hiring.

He's also gotten fairly significantly involved since then- in the TCW series, in which there are 3 Sith at a time- Sidious, Dooku and Maul.

Even if you assume that there were no other Sith orders, Yoda's statement is still wrong.

Why? Because, as has been pointed out in the past, at the moment when Yoda's saying there's always no less than two Sith, there is only one- Sidious, who has not yet taken a new apprentice.

ILNP likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's more like 4 - in one episode Maul cites the "rule of two" and seems to imply Savage is the apprentice of their two.

24. Darth Ruian

Jan 21, 2013
    Maybe he had a crush on Asajj Ventress.

25. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I doubt it since he ordered her death.