main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Top ten most powerful sith of all time

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Starwarsranterman, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starwarsranterman

Starwarsranterman Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    Note these are sith lords only so not just someone who used the darkside, tell me what you think
    1. Darth Sidious
    2. Darth Bane
    3. Darth Caedus
    4. Darth Revan
    5. Darth Nihilus
    6. Sith Emperor
    7. Darth Vader
    8. Darth Malgus
    9. Exar-Kun
    10. Darth Krayt

General Immodet likes this.
  2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Good list...
    Still I think Exar Kun should be on number 2 or 3.
    In my opinion, he was (apart from Palpatine) the most powerful Sith Lord ever introduced in the EU.

MasterOfEnlightenment likes this.
  3. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    1.Darth Sidious(Don't need to tell you why).
    2.Darth Caedus(Fought Grand Master Skywalker and didn't get insta-pwned).
    3.Exar Kun(Fought the same man and put him in a coma. Took the solo twins, Luke's spirit, Baas' spirit, Katarn and all the students to force him out with a wall of light, otherwise he would have destroyed them all and rebuilt his body).
    4.Darth Plageuis(His midichlorian manipulation and extreme level of force speed makes him nearly unbeatable, he could have been immortal given time).
    5.Darth Nox(A powerhouse that could use force ghosts to such a degree that he/she could destroy anybody, probably most powerful on the Dark Council).
    6.Darth Krayt(Powerhouse with decades of experience and knowledge, was a fully trained Jedi until he switched to the Sith and mastered the Dark Side, so much so that he was reborn through the Dark Side on Korriban).
    7.Darth Vader(Greatest Jedi Killer of all time, greatest master of Djem-So according to Dooku even before his immolation).
    8.Darth Jadus(Was so intelligent and powerful that he had the entire Sith Empire wrapped around his finger, without the Emperor's knowledge and made even other Sith Lords ill with his mere presence).
    9.The Emperor's Wrath(Destroyed countless enemies and wiped out some of the most powerful Jedi and Sith of the age).
    10.Darth Malgus(Was one with the Dark Side, was nearly unbeatable in combat and nearly defeated the more powerful version of the same strike team that took down Revan.

Dakirel likes this.
  4. Darth Nyad

Darth Nyad Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2013
    Very good list, however, I do believe (My Opinion) Darth Nihilus is probably the most powerful that has ever lived, he is what you would call, a walking death star with a lightsaber. He would drain force sensitive planets dry to feed his power, killing hundreds of thousands of jedi, and all life in his quest for more power.. And his name is an adaptation of Annihilation, and that is pretty much what he did. Darth Nihilus, He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies... sacrificing itself to his hunger.

Dakirel and General Immodet like this.
  5. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    His power is fake and it is not something he can control, he is a wound in the force, not a person, he has no power, he is merely a wound which attempts to fill itself with the force energy around it, his 'power' would have destroyed itself eventually, nothing would have sustained it, he was easily manipulated and easily baited, he was not even a real Sith, because he did not care for Sith teachings he only ever cared for feeding his hunger, until he had become his hunger, there is no power there.

6. Darth Nyad

Darth Nyad Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2013
    The power lies in draining the force and life from his opponents, which he did, a lot of. You drain the force from a jedi, you have no opponent. He had also drained planets. But his down fall, yes, was always feeding. He had to feed to survive, and (again my opinion) most of those on the list would have fell to him.

7. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    That is not power though, the Sith way is to achieve ultimate power and maintain it, not to destroy everything including yourself, both the Sith Emperor Lord Vitiate and Darth Sidious did it in much better and far more controlled ways.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I will come up with my own list later, because I can't even think of ten Sith Lords of of the top of my head at the moment, and several of the ones mentioned probably don't rate on my list. However, I do have a comment on the two lists produced so far. How Darth Vader II (for those who don't know, I despise the post-NJO, refuse accept that Jacen Solo could have ever become Darth Caedus, and believe Darth Caedus to be a cheap knock off Darth Vader, hence Darth Vader II) could ever rate on such lists is beyond my ability to comprehend...

9. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    He faced off against Grand Master Luke multiple times and the entire NJO considered Luke to be Darth Caedus' only equal, not even Kyle Katarn considered himself powerful enough to face him, he only dies because he doesn't concentrate on his own powerful sister, whom still had trouble fighting him when he had one arm and a useless leg.

10. StaticPlume

StaticPlume Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2013
    Good list, except I wouldn't rank Bane or Revan that high. Kun's feats easily overshadow theirs, same with Caedus.

In regards to Vader, how exactly would his 80% fair (and I'm really hoping someone would cite the source too).

MasterOfEnlightenment likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm surprised Naga Sadow doesn't get a mention, as capable of causing stars to explode (admittedly he needs Sith crystals to do this).

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    DV II got embarrassed multiple times. Two chair scenes in Inferno with Luke and whenever that scene was with the starfighters. I would several other Sith above him including the original Vader himself. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Sith Emperor, Bane, Plagueis and Krayt should all be above him as well.

13. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    OF COURSE he does, everybody does, Sidious Reborn got schooled by Luke as well.

But go and look at these: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus#Powers_and_abilities

He owns almost everybody you just listed.

14. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    1.Darth Caedus
    2.Darth Sidious
    3.Darth Plagueis
    4.Darth Nihilus
    5.Sith Emperor
    6.Darth Vader
    7.Darth Revan
    8.Darth Bane
    9.Darth Malgus
    10.Darth Krayt
    Despite the fact he was able to rule the galaxy for 25yrs, Sidious, in my opinion is slightly less powerful then Caedus. We never saw him do anything Caedus couldn't, except he could see the future better. Most of the time. But that's just my opinion.

15. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    So Caedus could summon force storms that destroyed a Rebel Fleet? he could slowly absorb the entire population of Byss? Caedus could mindwipe the entire of Coruscant? He could use a galaxy-wide Battle meditation? He wielded the most powerful Force Lightning ever, so strong it could bend a lightsaber? He could transfer his soul to other bodies? I haven't seen him do anything like that.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And yet you have him 2nd? :confused:

17. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    Please take a look at his own abilities, his power relies in close combat and strategy.

Of course he doesn't share the same power levels of the most powerful Sith Lord of all time, nobody does and before anyone says 'Vitiate and Nihilus' Vitiate had to use 200 other Sith and a ritual to become as powerful as he was and Nihilus had basically become the Dark Side, but the extremist version of it, so he doesn't count.

18. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I haven't been able to get a hold of many of the books. My city library's sci-fi section is horribly incomplete. It's positively disgraceful. If I were able to read them all I would probably have a different opinion. (Opinion being the operative word.)

19. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    From what little I've encountered of the EU, I'd rate the Sith Emperor from TOR much closer to 1, if not 1.He essentially killed an entire planet.
    Sideous, pretty much agree with.
    Disagree with Darth Bane- as far as I'm aware he didn't display any large feats of power although his thinking and philosophy was good. Honestly, he shouldn't be on the list. His brain kept him alive, not his force sensitivity.
    Disagree with Darth Nihilus being on the list as well for reasons already said in thread- powerful but a slave to his power.
    Agree with Darth Kyrat and think he and Vader should rank about the same.
    A pre-Mustafar Vader would rank about the same as Darth Revan, but both higher than Vader and Kyrat.
    Darth Malgus is just a tank really, a powerful sith warrior in his own right but no particularly powerful acts to distinguish him (as far as I'm aware) so I disagree with his presence on the list as well.
    Can't comment on Caedus and Exar-Kun as I don't feel I know enough about them.

Darth Traya anyone? Marka Ragnos?

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You are right! Marka Ragnos was probably one of the most powerful Sith Lords.
    No Sith came back as a ghost so many times...
    He stimulated other Sith (such as Exar Kun and Qel-Droma) to start a war.
    Yeah, he is indeed very powerful.

I think some of you have forgotten about Freedon Nadd as well!

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Nihilus is one of my favourite Sith Lords as well. I was kind of disapponted he was not the main villain in KOTOR 2.
    I think is the best Sith Lord ever designed in the EU. He looks terrifying...

Still, I think Nihilus is not a real Sith Lord. Ultimately, his hunger would have made him consume the whole Galaxy.
    I do not think Nihilus is a 'ruler'. He is rather a Force user who cannot control himself anylonger...

22. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    No love for Freedon Nadd? Kun doesn't exist w/o Freedon

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    1. Sidious
    2. Vitiate
    3. Krayt
    4. Revan
    5. Nihilus
    6. Caedus
    7. Darth Vader
    8. Darth Plagueis
    9. Naga Sadow
    10. Exar Kun

Logic.

Sidious is the most powerful Sith in history.

Vitiate consumed 8000 Sith to Nihilus 100 Jedi. Vitiate's feats of alchemy, sorcery and immortals make Nihilus look like a one trick pony. Krayt stood beside Luke against Abeloth and fought well against Skywalker-level Force users. We also know Revan stood upto Vitiate, but Krayt edges out due to the fact that he is facing such power while dying from Vongforming.

Nihilus slots in here as powerful, but he is fundamentally nothing more than his hunger.

Caedus, as another Sith who duelled multiple times with a Skywalker-level opponent and defeated several of the most powerful Jedi of his age (in an era of powerful Jedi) does well for his level. Vader comes next being as, unlike Caedus, his potential was limited by his wounds.

Plagueis comes next as the closest step to Sidious, but Vader was more than Maul and Tyranus and so Plagueis, having been killed by Sidious, is by definition less than what comes next under the Rule of Two.

Naga rounds out the ancient Sith, due to his skills and power, power which Kun inherits a portion of.

Marka Ragnos gets a special mention at 12, but Nadd, as a far more mobile and physically powerful Sith spirit has to come in 11. But even then, Sadow pioneered much of what Nadd and Kun use so he goes above; Kun kills Nadd so goes above him, and before you say Nadd killed Sadow - he didn't, and Sadow was running around 1300 years after Nadd was dust of dust.

Special mention goes to Tyranus, Ventress and Maul as Sith who were apprentices of Sidious or who faced a Skywalker on more than one occasion. Their skill set however makes them far less than the others.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    In no order, I'd probably have

Sidious
    Exar Kun
    Vader
    Naga Sadow
    Marka Ragnos
    Vitiate
    Karness Muur
    Caedus
    Krayt
    Traya

The Revanchist likes this.
  25. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    Sorry but what? Vitiate had to use two hundred other Sith and a ritual to become as powerful as he did, his only effective abilities beyond that were strong lightning, essence transfer and mind control abilities, he could also summon illusions of himself. That's nothing big, certainly not enough to put him as the second most powerful ever over so many other more powerful beings.

Darth Revan? He was barely on par with Darth Malak during the Star Forge and Malak himself stated that this Revan was much more powerful than he ever was as a Sith, not even close to fourth most powerful ever, I could list off countless Sith.

I already stated why canonically Nihilus is 1.Not even an actual Sith. 2.Isn't powerful at all, he's just a wound in the force that absorbed the man he once was.

If we are going off of canon here and not just opinion, none of them should even be on this list.

Darth Caedus must be the second most powerful ever simply because of his feats and abilities as a Sith, they eclipse everybody else's but Sidious, the G-canon most powerful ever.
    Darth Bane also can't be above any other members of the Order of the Sith Lords due to the rule of two, otherwise it never mattered and didn't work, but we know it did matter and it did work, so Bane can't be more powerful than the long line of Banite Sith, he definitely gets credit for being the Sith'Ari and founder of the Rule of Two, but he really isn't that big of a deal outside those two feats.

I don't mean to be confrontational with anybody here but how are those three on anybody's lists?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.