main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Wat dp?

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm still in Australia, but **** is ****ed at the moment. I was planning on going to an outdoor education centre near this town of Licola for the weekend ( I live in the state of Victoria) and the whole place was surrounded by fire. A very few tense days, but they'll pull through.
    [​IMG]

And yeah, Sydney's weather is absolutely nuts, completely insane.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    JackG: Stay safe Jack. That's insane.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, stay safe Jack. How often do you all get rain? Looks like you need some badly.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish I could send you some of my Florida rain Jack, yes please stay safe.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Our snowpacalypse that wiped out all the French toast ingredients from local grocery stores, turned out to be nice big fat flakes that didn't stick to the ground. It's still cooler than usual here though, which is fine.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Bing weather app on my tablet say 70F and clear but its infact been overcast and drizzly all day.

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It must have confused Florida with Charleston. :p

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's only 50 here, which is our average for this time of year, but we're looking at a high of 40 in the next couple of days.

Which works for me, that's what jackets and gloves and hats are for, but oh, the whining from the people who will think that "the cold weather needs to stay up north..." No. Go to Florida if you don't like winter.

But I probably shouldn't talk, because I will ***** like hell about the heat from May until October, while going to the pool five days a week and getting a tan. :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's been unusually warm here for the past few weeks, up till yesterday. Low to mid 80's for most of January. I've only turned the heater on twice this winter.. I want the cold weather back. [face_sigh]

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hell no, don't you send any more snow birds my way. =b

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We get the halfbacks. The ones that go to Florida and then realize that summer is ****ing hot down there, so they come halfway back to the North, which is here--and then they realize that hey, our summers feel like Mustafar here too, and the temperature actually drops below 60 degrees in the winter.

BTW--have you been watching the Heels game today? :D

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha... "French toast ingredients". That's exactly what everyone goes to buy in panic mode: bread, milk, and eggs.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well if the end of the world is coming, it's important to never be out of French toast.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely. I wonder if they're all buying maple syrup and butter too.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, should have won by 20 points though. xD

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Damn it....

Today the Austria people were given the choice whether to end mandatory drafting boys above the age of 17 for 6 months of military service/ 9 months of civil service in favor or going for a smaller, professional army. They voted to keep everything as it is. To make matters worse, since I kept on studying, I have yet to fulfil my service. [face_plain]

There is no benefit from forcing people to serve, since no one is put in a purposeful position and they are given barely any money for it. We are a tiny country in the dead center of Europe. We will never be attack by anyone and even if we were, we'd be overrun in a day. Or simply welcome our invaders with open arms *cough* 20th century history *cough*

This was the last straw. Austria has proven time again that it is merely a banana republic. Its people and government would rather leave everything unchanged no matter how broken it is and pride themselves on it as well. Progress? Going with the times? Making improvements? We don't even know the meaning of those words over here, apparently.
    Am I glad to leave this country behind me for a while. [face_waiting]

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Oh yeah, anschluss - I forgot about that. Don't other European nations still have the 6 months of military service or 9 months of civil service too? I remember lots of Germans helping out at my high school to avoid having to join the military for six months. But yeah, that really sucks, Billy_Dee_Binks - which option do you think you'll do?

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Civil service, if anything. But I run a one-man business, and if I get drafted I lose all my clients and would be forced to work for slave wages. I couldn't afford hiring a stand-in to run the show in the meantime, either.

Germany already switched over to a professional army about a year or two ago. Usually Austria follows Germany's way, but I guess the idiotic masses knew better. The silly thing is that 63% of people under 30 (i.e. those affected) voted for the change. It was the +60 generation that solidified a grand majority vote to keep things as they are. Now my respect for our elderly citizens has in general diminished for good.

Of the 27 European Union nations 21 have a professional military. I simply don't get these silly semantics of keeping something we no longer needed since we became part of that Union in 1995.

If stupid politics hadn't been so arrogant as to letting the people decide instead of working out a solution themselves, we probably wouldn't be in this mess. Okay, rant over.

P.S.: You keep out of harm's way and stay as safe as possible, Jack.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That sucks Billy. It is difficult when you've got an aging boomer population who basically all go out and vote, and a young population with good ideas where it's difficult to get everyone out to vote.

Older people are usually conservative by nature - and I wonder if it's not "I had to suffer through this, so you berks will too", but more "I went through this, and I don't want my experience invalidated because today's 'crazy' generation doesn't want to go through civil service". :p

People think the past is always better, but then most people (other than maybe SF writers [face_laugh]) seem to think the future will be better too. But the present is never as great as the past or the future.

It's bizarre to me that there is still mandatory military service but I believe there's other countries in Europe where the same holds true. You'd think it would be the US that would require mandatory service ;)

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    England for one doesn't need a standing army. It has plenty of knights like Sean Connery, Bono and Christopher Lee who can be summoned with a call to arms. :p

24. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    I thought I'd be social for once, so just stopping on by to say, "Hello There!"

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, had the funniest call from somebody across the pond who told me I had a sexy accent today. <<; =b

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.