main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Leia should turn to the Dark Side after Han's Death

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Sitara, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    *disclaimer*
    Keep in mind with my reply that I did not read the novel (if there is one) of ESB, and it's been a while since I have seen the movie.

An interesting thought I had some time ago while watching the movie was that while Vader was looking for Luke on Hoth, he found Leia. I think he was picking on on some of her "force presence" if you will while she was in a stressed and anxious state of mine. He may not have thought about it at the time, because he knew Luke was nearby. However, in Bespin, with Han about to lowered into the Carbon Freeze chamber and the scuffle started to erupt, he picked up on it again and kept Boba Fett from shooting her. After this, he altered his deal with Lando, because in his mind, he knew something was up. It wasn't until ROTJ that he put it all together.

kainee, Episode Swag and Padme501st like this.
  2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They also said Crucible wouldn't be the last adventure for Luke, Leia & Han.

And PLEASE don't have Leia turn to the dark side. It'd ruin her character, IMO.

3. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Leia going to the dark side... sounds cool for a fanfic but not an actually movie! I mean Leia is way to strong to turn to the dark side to be honest I see R2 going to the dark side before she does.

4. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Leia won't turn evil - too obvious an idea - but I think it is fully plausible that Han dies an artistic death in the first act, as a way of introducing the new antagonist. That event would then serve NOT as an impetus for Leia to go dark, but rather for her KIDS &/or Luke's kids to start training or take "the trials."

This serves to bridge the gaps and simultaneously set the stage for the villain in the trilogy.

5. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Except Luke did train under Palpatine once, had to be resuced by Leia, and couldn't go after Caedus because he would give in to his rage or something so Jaina did it.

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Leia and Han already turned to the darkside in the EU - been there done that. No point in having the big three actually go dark in VII. I cannot regain any liking for Han and Leia in the EU now - so if they want to retain them as beloved characters, they will not follow suit.

kainee and Episode Swag like this.
  7. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    How can Han go the the dark side? He is not Force sensitive.

Darth Chiznuk and Sitara like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke and Leia were The New Hope. Turning them to the Dark Side would be a bummer. It worked for Dark Empire just because Luke went "deep undercover" and lost himself for a moment there but he got better.

9. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Today, I saw the trailer for Oz The Great and Powerful (prequel to Wizard of Oz), and I am reminded of the related other Oz-brand EU catastrophe, Wicked (the Broadway "musical"). What starts as clever often falls fast toward the ridiculous. I hate the SW EU rebirths, falls to dark side, etc etc etc. ugh.

kainee and thesevegetables like this.
  10. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Seriously - Wicked? Maleficent? We want to make more money you suckers?

11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Is this one of those "Once you go Dark Side, you never go back" kind of things? 'Cuz, yeah - I could see it.

12. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    This is exactly the attitude I hope the folks behind this film do not have. Thing could be much worse than the PT. Just trying to simply not being like the PT could be a huge disaster, and is far from what the franchise actually needs. Don't be so desperate to be as much unlike one extreme that you still completely miss the mark on what makes Star Wars so special. I don't want a trilogy that is not the PT. I want a trilogy that is Star Wars.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    A SW movie that is the opposite of the PT? I'll take it. The expectations are so low for this one, it almost has to be awesome, no matter what it is.

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    No thanks, something original would be nice.

kainee and kataja like this.
  15. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    That's actually an interesting thought. Never thought of it that way

Barra_Jedi likes this.
  16. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I've had my share of Skywalkers turning or almost turning to the dark side. We also had two death stars - that was one too much for me.

That's a very good and interesting analyze!

17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Again there could be far worse things than the PT. If they go in with the attitude of saying, "Let's make sure none of this is anything like the PT" then you can be it will feel nothing like Star Wars, and be a good deal worse then the PT. People have escalated the badness of the PT, and placed it on a bad pedestal that could never possibly be reached. I have seen movies far worse than the PT, and there is no doubt in my mind there will continue to be movies made that are worse than the PT. Taking this from the angle of, "So long as it is not like the PT" is hardly enough. It needs to start by us fans getting off our high horse though and realizing the PT is not as bad as we have continued to embellish it to be in our minds. This is coming form a guy who can;t stand Hayden Christensen, and thinks he is quite possibly one of the worst actors in the business (And yes, I do base the personal opinion on more than just his acting in the PT).

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Han's death? Do you know something we don't?

19. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    =D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D= =D==D==D==D==D=

kainee likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This. Completely and totally this. The PT whiners need to GTHOTB.

21. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. What Star Wars needs are fewer people demanding high quality movies.

22. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Who says Han will die? Maybe Leia dies. And Han goes on a warpath. ;-)

23. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Maybe Luke has to ground her in reality and keep her sane. "This is what did in my father!" That sort of thing.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  24. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Maybe Leia is dead before the start of Episode Seven and Han Solo is dressed upas an evil Bobba Fett.

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    You know I dont think Leia turning to the dark side is not all that far fetched. If I was to die at the hands of a criminal or even die indirectly as a result of someone, my family and in particular my wife would be so grief stricken and emotional, that I coculd see them get very dark very fast toward the person or group that they perceived caused my death.

Leia loves Han and if he dies, I could very reasonably see her get emotional and want revenge. Not all that dissimilar from Anakin.