main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation VULTURE: Zack Snyder Is Developing a Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    What are you thinking? Bounty hunter, Mandalorian, Sith, or something else?

Would be cool to see Jedi and Sith have to team up for one of these spin off movies, not particularly this movie though.

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, I will say the most logical philosophical angle with the Jedi/Sith is that they are essentially one in the same. That fighting each other is essentially meaningless. You really can't have one without the other.

But that is something to be explored in much grander story I think. Probably even grander than the Skywalker stuff. In fact, it kinda delves into some tricky existential territory.

Anyways, yeah the general warrior archetypes: mercenaries, pilots, pirates, brigands etc. Unlikely people who would be defending others. Probably with initial bad intent, but have a change of heart. Maybe they could be rallied by a couple of Jedi.

3. Lord Optimus

Jul 30, 2011
    I'd be down for that, maybe by the end of the movie the Jedi inspire them to be honorable warriors.

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Or the other way around, you never know.

5. Lord Optimus

Jul 30, 2011
    Touché

6. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I don't want Snyder anywhere near Star Wars. ALL of his movies lack humanity. They're hollow when it comes to any real emotions. Even if the script is good (Watchmen) he's incapable of directing actors.

LawJedi likes this.
  7. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Still better at it than Lucas.

8. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
  9. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    @ Heero_Yuy

Forgive me if I want more than "still better than Lucas".

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I want to also say, if your looking for inspiration for a Star Wars movie. Look no further than "Where Eagles Dare."

11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Reading that article made me LOL. It's funny because so many people criticized the PT YET all these so-called "great" directors don't want to be a part of the most anticipated trilogy ever and their lame excuses sound cowardly at best and lazy at worst. Whomever is tapped to direct Episode 7 will have a ton of respect from me for daring to take it on and not being a whimp about it . . . unless, of course, we're talking M. Night Shamalamadingdong or Michael Bay.

Boxster and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Lord Optimus

Jul 30, 2011
    I agree, I am starting to lose respect for a lot of directors.

If Michael Bay were allowed to direct a Star Wars movie I could see him asking Lucas & Kennedy something like this. How about every time a lightsaber strikes something, there's an explosion?

Cad Carnage and Echo-07 like this.
  13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    As has been said by some:

I think the director has already been picked for quite some time. They just haven't officially announced it.

fishtailsam likes this.
  14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    To be fair, I don't think any of these creators are getting offers of "here's the keys to the Ranch and a $300 million budget, make it fun." They're getting an offer to direct a pre-existing story and script, that has to setup two more pre-existing stories, and followup up six pre-existing movies. Oh yeah, and they're the most beloved film franchise of all time. With the most dense established mythology. They're probably not being given a great deal of creative freedom, or even a ton of time. That's a lot of workplace baggage for a creative type. You gotta find someone like Whedon, who can work within those confines, but still put a little of himself in the product. But that came from passion for the material, and a willingness to establish himself as a filmmaker.

darthbarracuda and fishtailsam like this.
  15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Yep, exactly. As I said countless times Episode 7 is going to be SAFE. It will be storyboarded and scripted to the 10th degree. The director just has to be able to frame a shot, get performances out of actors, and work well with others.

The director is "hired gun" on a project like this. Probably some of the stuff after this trilogy will give creators more freedom, but not yet. That is why the writer is easily the most critical person involved for the next set of films.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Your point would be valid if they were to direct the PT, but we're talking about the ST where the past passes on to the new generation. Yes, it still has to scream and feel Star Wars but we are looking at a largely new set of characters and challenges. IMO these creators are only limited by their own imaginations.

Really to be fair, most of these people probably weren't even asked, IE Spielberg. The only ones we know were asked for Ep 7 is Abrams and Del Torro.

Boxster likes this.
  17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    i'd like that

18. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I am 1000% with you on this!!! I said something similar, I got shots coming at me in other threads.