main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

As I've posted elsewhere, I think the Nightsisters would work well as dark side mischief makers in the ST. On a slightly different note, I think Asajj Ventress is a character that has been rather under-developed in TCW, although I confess I haven't seen the last series. She has great potential as a character, but I suspect she'll be too old to be in Episode VII. Still, who knows? Perhaps she could fulfill something akin to a sort of "dark side Yoda" role as a wise old sage of the dark side in the ST.

Darth kRud likes this.
  2. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I hope in one of the new movies they say something like "clone specimens are never force sensitive" or "midichlorians can't be cloned."

Air Jedi and Cad Carnage like this.
  3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Define that if you will

4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    How about Sith that 1/3 look all robey like Palps, 1/3 look like Darth Maul, 1/3 look like Darth Vader....
    :D
    Let's not do anything original. Let's have no new plot, just Ben and his dad go on another death star, Luke dies, then force luke tells Ben "Use the Force Ben!" And Ben blows it up with the help of this guy and his dog

5. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

No, no, no. I appreciate your sarcasm. However, creating Vader-a-likes of any force persuasion is just lazy, unoriginal, unimaginative and uncreative.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I completely agree. Maul could have been the PT equivalent of Vader, scary and the villain that the Jedi cross sabers with often. He could have had revelations in 2, died in 3 to make room for Vader. Instead was killed...
    But in the great Sith Tradition, let us get a new Sith Lord (or Dark Jedi for the Hardliner ROT-ers) in best Sith Tradition. Different and scary...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

None of Vader Clones please. (See Examples Below)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  7. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I want something new, something original, interesting and compelling in the ST, but recycling old characters in very poorly disguised new guises is just rubbish and not what Star Wars needs or deserves, in my opinion.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The only person I could see getting recycled is the new Skywalker... Whoever they are, they will be the new hero... Just PLEASE make him or her NOT whiny like Skywalker Genes demand of them

9. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    A being that is light saber proof and impervious to the Force.

10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012

If Plagueis actually cheating death can't work then use something similar to the below video where another from Darth Maul's race is trained in the way of the Sith with Nightsisters and Mandalorians as his allies. You can also see in the cartoon below Ventress was a sith apprentice and a nightsister so...... who wouldnt want to see another from Darth Mauls race being trained by an old Ventress who was hiding in seclusion with the nightsisters disconnected from the force for decades. That would be a great friggin villain foundation if you ask me.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I mean if we are going to use the EU, might as well use a variant of THE ONE SITH!
    [​IMG]

12. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    It would be cool when there is just the Dark Side that put the new Heroes in challenge. And the fear that all the bad stuff that happens in the past, can happen again, because of one false step. Just like Anakin did.

Vader is an mystery after all. Just let discover his dark secrets and let the Heroes struggle and fall after they face them.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I was hoping for Darth Plagueis, but if they don't go that route, I had a new idea.

I would like to see a Sith that is completely insane, think of Carnage from Spiderman, or The Joker from the Dark Knight. Maybe he was the apprentice of a Sith Lord and defected to do his own thing, cause he is crazy, a loner, and doesn't want to be part of a plan. He doesn't care about the rule of two, he doesn't play by anybody's rules.

So there could be two different groups of villains.

1. The Sith Lord, his new apprentice, and the remnants of the Empire or a new army.

2. The loner chaotic Sith, he wouldn't have an apprentice but would surround himself with bounty hunters/pirates/gangsters/crime lords whenever necessary.

Some Sith aren't looking for anything logical like ruling the galaxy or destroying the Jedi. Some Sith just want to watch the galaxy burn.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I know it won't happen, but I would love a nonhuman. By that, I don't just mean a humanoid-looking villain, but a full on alien, like a Gotal or a Trandoshan. I know they won't do that, though.

Graphic likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Gotals aren't really all that alien looking though- they look basically not far off being humans with horns.

Jabba was a pretty good secondary villain in RoTJ- maybe that could be used as precedent.

16. More Kit Fisto Please

More Kit Fisto Please Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2013
    The Sith are the only villians that actually match the Jedi so I think they must be in the sequels. However, as other movies are made that are not direct sequels (Boba Fett is assured to finally get his flick) the Force need not be the center of the narrative.

17. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I've seen this argument several places, and I still disagree with it. If Lex Luthor can challenge Superman, a non-force user can chalenge a Jedi.

Episode Swag likes this.
  18. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Evidence: Jango vs Obi-Wan on Kamino. Great fight.

Episode Swag likes this.
  19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'd like to see a high level Imperial officer who still maintains a small army and control of some systems. No more sith.

Perhaps the Imperial could have a General Grevious sort of interest in lightsabers, and acts as sort of a Sith pretender. Stormtroopers with synthetic lightsabers!

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey, don't tease me. I would LOVE it if they adapted the Legacy comic into a trilogy of it's own. Like say episodes XIII-XV. Pretty please, LFL?

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, I just think the One Sith would be good villains for the second half of the SW Saga (assuming we do 12 films)

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    However, if it is a Jedi story, then perhaps the Force should be more focused on that usual. But not in an UBER Force way, but more of a Jedi/Force Relationship way

24. Unchosen One

Unchosen One Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2012
    Definitely agreed. It would be great to see some non-Force-wielding foe to challenge the young New Jedi Order and the New Republic. I'm of the opinion that since this film might carry over some of what we saw in Return of the Jedi, I'd love to see the Hutts as a secondary or even primary foe. They could easily instrumental in creating some chaos or inciting war between whatever factions we're dealing with in the ST.

25. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I think it would be pretty interesting if the Jedi had a civil war with each other. Like having those who are against Luke's teachings and they manage to get a lot of support from warring factions. That way we could have non-sith force wielding villains.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.