main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    As am I. He would've been a bigger disaster than GWB.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    michelle's like "child..."

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    They managed to be that close to each other without trying to to tear each others' heads off? Were they all drunk?

EDIT: On the "decade of war" coming to an end bit: has he been napping during national security briefings? Not paying attention to what's becoming of the "Arab Spring"? Not heard of Mali? Heck, even in Afghanistan, we may be pulling are troops out, but I'd hardly use the word "peace" to describe the status quo there.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Are they that blatant?

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    As an outsider, I find that so bizarre.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As somebody who's seen the channel of over the last decade just really no longer hide that their a mouthpiece for the Republicans/Tea Party, it really didn't surprise me.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hope you all had a lovely Inaugaration Day. Thanks to Boondocks for this week's celebratory ringtone. My phone went off in the diner last night to much consternation. :p

(Warning: Language)

11. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    How about just start with those two, the "oh no the chinese are going to repo us!!!1!!" and the typical college economics class (mis?)conceptions? For added flavor. . . taking into account the aforementioned views, what is your brand of Marxism's view on sovereign debt?

I can't help but find it fascinating that you automatically assumed that I had some sort of misconception though. [face_batting]

In any case, thanks. :)

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    show me yours ill show you mine, dawg. that's how we play

gotta spend money to make money, put up or shut up, dont cut off your nose to spite your face, hoist by your own petard, 不聞不若聞之,聞之不若見之,見之不若知之,知之不若行之;學至於行之而止矣, التكرار يعلّم الحمار, etc

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Watching the Biden highlights is fun. I can vote for that guy in 2016.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    because you liked his inauguration highlights? i suppose that's as good a reason as most given in american electoral politics...

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh please. I have witnessed his Vp debate where he thumped Ryan, his work as VP, his lifetime of service. He'd easily get my vote for Prez.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh, the Beyonce lip sync controversy, who cares. In that environ such a thing might have come off very badly.

Boehner is about to make a speech soon this evening.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    joe biden lip synced beyonce?

18. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    did joe biden really grab some ass at the inaug? if so, i can imagine that some serious bruising took place, as he crushed the buttock in his vice-grip hand for at least thirty seconds, gritting his teeth and growling like a bulldog, staring threateningly into the eyes of his poor victim, his breath stinking of booze!

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's not like Whitney Houston didn't do the same thing at the Super Bowl in '91, and it was clearly Beyonce's voice yesterday.

Summer Dreamer and VadersLaMent like this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It looks like the Senate is going to try to pass Filibuster Reform, and the House try to raise the Debt Ceiling for a few months, sometime in the next 36 hours.

21. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Keep in mind that I wasn't saying or even implying that you were wrong. I was more interested in why you have that belief as opposed to debating the point. I'm totally serious btw. I don't see it too often but there are one or two schools of economic thought that would agree with your statement, although how they get to that conclusion could be different, which is why I was interesting know how you got to yours. To be honest, I don't consider myself to be sophisticated enough on the issues surrounding sovereign debt to actually have an intelligent opinion. I'm familiar with some of the views of others and what you get in basic econ 101 or elementary and intermediate macroeconomics but not much beyond that.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sad, but true.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The speech tonight by LaPierre (the NRA guy) was just as disgusting as I thought it would be.
    What he found so disgusting was this statement in the Inaugural Address, which just needed a rebuttal, and was a blatant attack on the NRA, according to the NRA:

I love it that he blatantly and intentionally chose to disrespect President Obama throughout his latest rant too. So much for reasoned debate instead of name-calling, huh?:rolleyes:

Well, with Grover Norquist and Karl Rove and Donald Trump and the Koch Brothers made irrelevant, I guess the whackos out on the fringe needed a new leader to rally around...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.