main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    50 shades of pedophilia.

Barriss_Coffee and Paparazzo like this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thought she was 17 but was not serious to be clear

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, that's underage.

4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Not in most of Europe, technically, but that's kind of beside the point. Still a topic we should probably move along from rather swiftly!!

Clovis was originally meant to be the Paulo mentioned in Episode 2, according to the trivia for Senate Spy. Could this Paulo ever be revisited either in the show or EU as a legitimate 'blast from the past' challenge to the Padme-Anakin dynamic, or is that position firmly summed up by Clovis?

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I prefer Anakin&Satine.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

To be specific the age is 16 in the UK but your right we should be moving on.

Like I said Padme's charachter does not match with that .

Btw who is Paulo never heard of him before ?

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think Ahsoka should find out about it and keep it secret, just as Obi-Wan does. That Obi-Wan didn't speak up about their secret affair (which we now know is in part due to his own experiences with Satine) is one of his biggest failings, and leads to the fall of the Jedi Order.

I think Ahsoka should make the same mistake Obi-Wan does.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If they didn't want her to be involved in these conversations, why did they give her such revealing clothing and animate her in such a... hmm... I HAVE NOW DESTROYED THIS THREAD! :p

Palo was with Padme on Naboo when she was young and apparently they had a brief relationship. Padme stayed in politics while Palo became an artist, so they went their separate ways. Think it's mentioned in AOTC in the Naboo Garden scene?

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think they were in the meadow when she was talking about that.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be honest all I can remember from that scene in the film, is Anakin saying he likes fascist dictatorships, before riding a giant cgi pig :p

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hahaha. That part was very awful.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed it. They were having fun together, and he was picking on the political process, which I appreciated. I'm surprised that people take Anakin in that scene as literally "condoning fascist dictatorships", but that's another topic.

Yes, Paolo was mentioned in that scene, a boyfriend Padme had when she was 12. His reappearance, with Anakin actually taking it as a threat, would have been monumentally stupid. She was 12.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    ?

Anakin absolutely is condoning fascist dictatorships, that's a huge aspect of his personality. While Anakin is teasing Padme, it's also insight into his character.

Really, that scene features Anakin's political views in a nutshell.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well Padme was also the dictator of Naboo when she was the queen, she also voted for not trusting Valorum because she thought he's weak. I don't think she totally dislike it but think it should have some limitation like certain term.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think he was naive as hell, and frustrated with what he saw of the political process.

He may have had a cynical (and again) idea that if a democratic government was going to be so damn incompetent, maybe a dictatorship by a competent leader would be a better form of government.

I think if Padme directly asked him if he condoned totalitarian dictatorship, he would have replied with an unequivocal "No! Of course not"--and he would mean it.

But we can agree to disagree. My point as far as that scene goes is that his statement was primarily his teasing Padme with a bit of foreshadowing in it, and that she was never meant to freak out and think "OMG! He believes in totalitarianism!"

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Padme also asked for a strong leader in EP I, that's how Palpatine became the chancellor.

17. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Isn't it Obi-Wan and Satine?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I want to see Anakin&Satine.:)

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  20. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Okay. I want to see Satine die. :)

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Because I like her and she's worth to let Anakin grow feeling.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. I like her too, but what's wrong with Obi-Wan having feelings for her? Is there some reason the male in the relationship needs to be Anakin?

23. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I feel that any challenge to Anakin and Padme's relationship undermines Star Wars as a whole. Anakin was willing to destroy a galaxy for Padme because he loved her so much, a special kind of love, one that is stronger if Padme was his one and only.
    If Anakin liked other people it kind of ruins the point. "You ruined the lives of so many people for this and she wasn't even THE one?"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They added many lovers for Obi Wan already, and the young (passionate and willing to stay for her)Obi Wan Satine loved changed a lot. But Anakin is different. He has what is gone from Obi Wan.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going to regret asking this, but...OK, what?

thesevegetables likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.