main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    They arrived for a meeting, there was no need to intercept until after Maul came out with his "join us or die" speech. As far as the Hutts were concerned, the new head of the Black Sun and his hired help had arrived to discuss a proposal.

2. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed, I haven't noticed a big 'drop' in quality thus far in Season 5. If people really want to see Clone Wars at its worst, watch most of the first half of Season 3. Aside from a few gems, that set of episodes were mind-numbingly boring. An ambitious attempt for an animated show, but one that sadly fell flat.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That was the first meeting on Nal Hutta, I was talking about when Maul went to Tatooine after the fight broke out on Nal Hutta, as seen in my original quoted post.

Surely Jabba knew that Maul was coming to Tatooine to pursue "aggressive negotiations".

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Ohhh, of course. My bad.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I have few complaints about such an awesome episode, but one of the things that bugs me is that Embo manages to hold his own against Savage.

That's right, a Forceless bounty hunter does better against Savage Opress than a Jedi Master and member of the Council.

Savage has killed Master Halsey, the unnamed Nikto Jedi we see in Revival for three seconds, and Adi Gallia. Three Jedi, two of them Masters, one a long-time member of the Council. All these Jedi died against Savage but Embo's hat is so awesome that it protects him?

At the very least, they should have had Maul kill the hound.

Valairy Scot and Sitara like this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It's a Captain America shield. One so powerful that not even Thor, God of Thunder, can destroy.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thats's the biggest gripe I have against the show, not to mention the Prequels. They keeping showing all these Force users struggle against non-Force users, especially the Sith, who should just be able to Force choke more than several at once and be done with it.

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    No. Jedi are how we see them in the films aka not silly overpowered Uber-men. Same goes for Sith. Just because someone isn't a force user doesn't mean he can't take on a force user. I've always found this notion to be very silly.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    While I agree that all the Jedi killed by the Randy brothers should have at the very least put up much more of a fight than they did, I think it stands to reason that in a galaxy filled with Force-sensitives those who don't have access to it would want to be sufficiently trained so that they could hold their own, if not win outright. You have to remember as well that normal fighters don't have to worry about lightsaber training, so they can (potentially) devote more time to honing their technique in hand to hand combat. I imagine that takes a backseat for anyone who's lucky enough to have a sword that will cut through almost anything.

How long were Mandalorians putting up a good fight against the Jedi? Having access to the Force is a big advantage but it's not unreasonable that its effects can't be emulated, countered or compensated for by an individual who's willing to put in the time.

It perhaps wasn't demonstrated very well in the episode but I think theoretically it should be perfectly possible to hold your own against a Force sensitive in sparring battles. You just have to be inventive and not too predictable.

DavidIX likes this.
  10. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, not anymore! Can you say...RETCON?

And this makes much more sense anyway. The Hutts are gangsters...petty gangsters at that. Witness how easily Luke & Crew took them out. Only Boba was a real threat. They then faced no opposition in leaving Tattooine. Sure you could say that's not really Hutt Space...but an influential Hutt like Jabba should at least have had a few cruisers parked outside no?

Regarding Savage vs Embo, Savage was using his fists against the shield from what I recall. Had he used his lightsaber, he would have cut through it.

But yes, it's super annoying. At least the zabrak female should have died, I couldn't believe they had her dodge Maul's saber strikes while on the freaking ground.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    The Hutts have always been portrayed as arrogant jerks. The lack of security could simply be due to the fact that no-one bothers to challenge them.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Or maybe Jabba is scheming on how he can actually benefit from Maul and Deathwatch? Taking bets on whether or not they'll last another week before the Republic whoops their asses.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Plot device more than likely[face_thinking]

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    removed

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Rewatching Eminence, I found the exchange with Oruba the Hutt to be really funny. I think some people assume he gave up where Jabba was, but the way I took it, all he could tell them was that Jabba is in Jabba's Palace... which was what they knew to begin with. Hell, EVERYBODY knows that.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    it seems like the producers of s5 have a fetish for rainbow explosions...

Bo-Katan likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I like that. The Vong are the ones who pay for Maul's trip to Jabba's palace.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the nebulous explosions.

Reminder: Do not post video clips in these episode threads or discuss future episodes.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is specifically addressed in the Shadow Conspiracy novel, and that's exactly what was going on. Having seen how effective the Sith brothers and Death Watch are, Jabba sees an opportunity to profit from their actions. Either the alliance will lead them to prosperity, or when it fails, the Hutts will be there to pick of the pieces.

Seerow and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I just like that the Hutts, along with Embo, are allowed to speak in their own language and not get expository replies like Gascon was doing all last arc. It kinda defeats the point of making them speak another language if everyone just repeats what they said, but in Basic. It needlessly drags things out because it takes two lines to say every sentence.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I figured with how Jabba was laughing and smiling at the whole thing that's what he was up to.

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Alright so I finally watched this episode and ...........yeah.

I'm not looking forward to the return of Satine in upcoming episodes. And I'm really getting over the Maul and Savage thing.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Do you mean you're getting over it like you would get over the flu?

DavidIX likes this.
  25. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know if I would compare it to the flu. But if they happened to just disappear at the end of this arc forever, my feelings would not be hurt.