main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by the-jedi-prince, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Mortis should be buried and forgotten.

Ryus, Blip, my kind of scum and 6 others like this.
  2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I can dig it. Throw in some dark side witches and a sith or three and some mandaloreians with some bounty hunters and good writing/directing/acting and I'll be happy. As far as TCW goes the most entertaining episodes were the ones with Mortis, witches and mandalorians (which is playing now, the mandalorian episodes). Whatever they do I hope it is indeed more philosophical centering around the complexity between good and eveil or dark and light. Lucas' treatment for the story of Darth Vader was, well, a tad simplistic to say the least. We also need an epic threat to the galaxy with epic jedi vs dark side battles of the likes we've never seen mixed with some top notch space drama.

3. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    We were told that largely, I suspect, to dampen any expectations that these films would be an adaptation of existing EU novels, such as (and, I suspect, particularly) the Thrawn trilogy of novels. That doesn't exclude them from including elements of other things into this new story and having it still be original.

4. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    The continuation of a storyline does not make it unoriginal... By this logics episode vii should have nothing in it relating to the other films.

5. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    These have already happened.

6. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    lol you're right! R2 has done every single one of those.

7. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I propose this:

There will be more movies and the Force will be a prominent feature.

Whether or not the Force was balance or unbalanced by the actions of Vader are inconsequential in light that there will be more movies.

What GL said or didn't say is also irrelevant going forward -- as it has been proved many times in the past.

There. I said it. There is nothing to be done about providing a static response in a ever changing and evolving story franchise.

8. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I am starting to seriously take this idea into consideration.
    Father, Son, Daughter could be Whills. Father dies, finds a way to cheat death and teaches Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon mentions that he was trained by a mysterious Shaman of the Whills. Hm, hm, hm.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    After watching these episodes for the first time a few months back its been on my mind too. I definitely would love to see the Whills finally represented in the films and a totally new Force group is something I've wanted since the ST was been announced.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think Qui-Gon is meant to have studied the secret of the Ancient Order of the Whills before dying ( as in the original concept for the Plagueis novel ), which would also be before the Father died.

11. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Why? Just curious. And by ''dead and buried'' do you mean left alone in the past or pretend it never existed in canon at all.

12. Sith_Knight087

Sep 5, 2012
    As far as I know most probably not. Lucasfilm did say Episode VII will be an ''ORIGINAL STORY''.

13. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    An original story cannot include Mortis because it has already shown up? By that logic this film couldn't even refer to any of the previous films with its story. When they say original story they mean no straight from book movie adaptions. The original story statement has been taken so ridiculously out of context on here.

Corax78 likes this.
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    No denying that. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed "Overlords" (it's the only TCW episode I've ever rated a 10/10) and found it's exploration of the intricacies of the Force and George's interpretation of what "balance" means to be a bold move from the producers. The episode, for me, worked as a near-perfect stand-alone story.

Unfortunately, they went and produced two additional, convoluted episodes that, to me, served only to confuse the message. Plenty of fat to chew on, for sure, but quite lean on any real meat. The up-shot here, is that should Mortis make an appearance in the ST, we may at least be given some answers to the mysteries that parts 2 and 3 of TCW's arc held so firm to.

I'm undecided as to whether I'm in favor of the idea, or not. I am interested in further exploration of the Force (particularly the Netherworld) in the ST, but Mortis itself? I just don't know.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To the OP: hopefully so.

Love Mortis and the FotJ arc.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I personally loved the Mortis arc.

Visions of Darth Vader, killing the younglings, choking Padme, destroying Alderaan, visions of Qui-Gon and Shmi, both of which had their movie actors reprise their roles, etc.

And I agree with the whole concept of the balance between light side and dark side. That 's pretty much the whole theme of two trilogies compressed into three 22 minute TV shows.

the-jedi-prince and Darthgoodguy like this.
  17. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I think having VII take off where FotJ ended, with the Jedi looking for the Dagger of Mortis is a good idea. It's a good way to incorporate TCW and the EU.

18. Sith_Knight087

Sep 5, 2012
    Okay point taken.

19. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013
    Exactly what i would love to see, it wouldn't erase anything in any current novels, and would be a cool story for the film or set up something for a future movie. Plus beings as FOTJ is the furthest stories involving Luke / Han / Leia, anything after would be a point untouched by any material thus far which is what they said about the new movie i believe.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Book of Sith, the Witches are characterized as having a "Winged Goddess" and a "Fanged God"- one of which looks like a griffin, the other like a gargoyle. Seems like the Son and Daughter under different names. Their portfolios are similar to "light side" and "dark side".

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  21. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    I havnt read it for a while but i remember reading or thinking that talzin could possibly be the mother.

Talzin also appears in darth plageuis and i think mortis also gets a mention.

i posted about this on this thread months ago and cant remember everything so im going back for a re read

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Abeloth from Fate of the Jedi was an ordinary being- but elevated to being The Mother, in order to look after the other two- since The Father couldn't do it alone.

Then things started to go wrong. She ended up imprisoned.

23. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i havnt read that book, does it relate to mortis and the father, son and daughter and is the mother in fate of the jedi talzin?

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a 9 book series. "The Mother" - Aboleth- is 100,000+ years old- and not Talzin. The last in that series (Apocalypse) reveals the connection between her and Mortis. The Father, Son and Daughter had to imprison her when she went crazy.

She escapes from prison after the timeline is interfered with.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In Darth Plagueis, Talzin is mentioned when Palpatine goes to Dathomir (and adopts Maul Opress). In the same book, Plagueis himself wonders if Mortis exists (TCW hasn't happened yet).