main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.0%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

40.0%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.0%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

40.0%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.0%
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    that is an awesome picture.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In Philly, the 76ers have just accomplished reaching the height of their season... Bynum was able to move his legs while practicing! It's like the night Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points against the Knicks all over again. Who needs a Championship? Our star player is off the treadmill! Big things happening...

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

The fact that the Lakers (even with Kobe's poor shooting... until the fourth quarter) made a game of it (unlike last Friday's disaster against OKC/and won their game against Milwaukee on Tuesday night) made it slightly easier to take in the Heat's win (well, LeBron & Wade's win... no other Heat player scored in double digits) last night. It was nice to see Gasol back out on the court, but I don't remain too optimistic that he can turn around his play positively enough during the remainder of this season. Watched this game with my brother, the Heat fan in my family, so naturally/obviously he had reasons to feel great about basketball last night.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    DarthTunick: I am flying to LA so we can hold each other and cry together. As of today, the Lakers and 76ers share the exact same record. One team is way too old, the other way too young.

Remember those better days when Kobe and Wilt Chamberlain scored astronomical amounts of points in a single game for their teams.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Ironically today's the anniversary of when Kobe dropped 81 at MSG.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh no, he scored 81 in la against the raptors.

and myke, at least your team is the one that's too young.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

There's a bar next to a great deli I go to a lot... we can stuff our faces, and then drink down our sorrows rather easily. :p

[​IMG]

Kobe's shooting from the field over the last 3 games: 8-25 (against Miami), 10-32 (against Toronto), 7-22 (against Chicago). Yikes. Though he's historically played well through injury/wear & tear, it's obvious that stretches of games like this will become more normal during the rest of this season, and for however long Kobe's career lasts. Out of the 5 stages of grief, it's level 4 (depression) with parts of level 5 (acceptance) mixed in for Laker fans... bad, bad karma all around.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I mean you realize why this is happening though right? The Cavs pick and everything? God Hates Cleveland, you'll dump Howard or something and be good again next year it's just how the universe works.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Cavs Beat Celtics! Cavs Beat Celtics! [face_party]

Kyrie with 40 points

Trimaj and DarthTunick like this.
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was really looking forward to tonight's thunder/clippers game. still am, but bummed that cp3 won't be playing.

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

It's got to be somebody's fault.

:p

Trimaj and Juliet316 like this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tunes - do you follow Bill Simmons on Twitter? he had on epic rant on Mike D and how he's ruining the Lakers last night. EPIC Twitter rant.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I do... it was the only entertaining thing I saw during last night's Lakers/Bulls game. My favorite tweet from that spree, which actually comes from Steve Kerr. :

Steve Kerr@SteveKerrTNT
    So disappointing to watch the Lakers right now. They sucked the life out of me, and I'm just an analyst. Can't imagine how Laker fans feel.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    supposed leaked logo for the soon to be renamed New Orleans Pelicans
    [​IMG]

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It looks like an Ood with wings holding a basketball with it's tentacles.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  18. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    DarthTunick likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I love it.

My facial expression throughout this terrible stretch for the Lakers/likely for the rest of this season:

[​IMG]

I don't why I thought D'Antoni was good hire, or how I figured up until about 2 weeks ago that this team could still make a playoff push. Memphis is having offensive issues all season, but you wouldn't know about that last night. And I don't want to even think about the possibility of Howard jumping ship in the summer.

[​IMG]

That gif sums up things rather correctly as well.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    First Time All Star:
    [​IMG]

Also, agreed about the Ood logo.

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  22. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Is this the first time a major American sports franchise has just arbitrarily changed its name like this with no compelling reason(I'm not saying their rationale isn't sound, but it's not like before this everyone was thinking "Man, the New Orleans Hornets really need to change their name!")? The Washington Bullets is the only other name change I can even think of, and I don't find that at all analogous since that name had awful connotations and simply had to go.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Considering the attachment franchises have to their names even when they really SHOULD change them (Lakers, Jazz, Grizzlies....REDSKINS) you're probably correct.

There have been a other name changes though (Decatur Staleys -> Chicago Bears that I can think of), but I think most of them are associated with moves.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Philly is a case of bad deevolution/general verbal laziness slowly eroding our team name away. From the 1776ers to the 76ers to the Sixers... all officially recognized. By 2015, our jerseys will simply say "err...".

LloydChristmas likes this.
  25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    GAM OVER CELTIC!!!!!

PAUL PIERCE IS THE MOTHER ******* TRUTH!