main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Double posting BECAUSE

Watching 3rd Rock from the Sun, start to finish. Gordon-Levitt was always talented, good on him!

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    He was talented even before 3rd Rock!

Nick of Time likes this.
  3. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    I used to watch that, was always hilarious.

4. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    That's comedic gold.

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, the demo for Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance came out! Just did a couple playthroughs and...well...

I'm excited for some cyborg ninja action :cool:

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. Nick of Time

Jan 15, 2013
    I wish I had gotten into MGS earlier, so that I could justify playing the new games.

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well from the words of Hideo Kojima, Revengeance is not officially part of the MGS series despite being set four years after MGS4. At the moment it seems to be its own separate thing.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's for the best, really. I mean, I love Metal Gear, but the monthly sacrifice of an adult boar covered in postmodern art to Hideo Kojima's altar weighs on the budget.

9. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Oh wow, I never made the connection that the kid from Angels in the Outfield was Gordon-Levitt....Mind=Blown

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    This one'll blow your mind, then: watch Empire of the Sun. That's Christian Bale riding around on bikes and singing in Welsh to the kamikaze pilots.

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    He was great in that movie, too. I'd say it's one of his better performances.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Weeeelllllp. Looks like SWTOR is getting its first expansion known as Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, kind of glad to see that TOR isn't dead and is still having content added to it despite going free-to-play. On the other hand....kind of wary about the implications and issues that'll crop up with the expansion. Specifically the price and how it's going to work with the current free-to-play playerbase such as content getting cut from them despite the fact that they'll pay for the expansion. Ah well, we'll see what happens.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow...I thought that game went under a while ago. I didn't know they were still actively adding to it. News to me! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah was a surprise here as well :p Though I've got the suspicion that EA is using this as an attempt to lure a bunch of their free-to-play users back to paid subscription or at the very least try to make some more money with the use of the expansion.

The content of which that I am questionable about in terms of it justifying whatever price they put on it [face_waiting]

15. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I've always wanted to play TOR, but my ancient laptop just can't cope with running it :(

It can barely handle Lord of the Rongs Online lol

*wishes she could afford a shiny new computer*

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, really. I hear you there. I'm waiting for my tax return check to tackle that one.

I've been meaning to get a new laptop for a while and I think I finally made the decision to go Mac. I never thought I'd be saying that, but it seems like it will really pay off in the end.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and s65horsey like this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So I just had to preorder the third volume of Gundam: The Origin, even though volume one hasn't even come out yet.

[​IMG]

But seriously the first volume sold out before it even went to printing, I can't chance this ****. I'd also like to point out that this is never a problem with my needlessly artsy modernist literature.

Just generally getting a new laptop after your current one gets unbearably old pays off, I've found.

18. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to whenever I get a new one. This one froze up when I installed Sims 2 on it. Had to remove that to use it again...

19. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Only the Sims 2? Wow, that seems like forever ago. I remember making one long family tree that ended on the 3 generations because one of the kids refused to do his homework...

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Never got into the Sims games to be honest :p I was more into blowing stuff up then building them.

[​IMG]

On a related note, it seems that THQ - responsible for the Warhammer 40k games, Saints Row, Darksiders, Company of Heroes - has been completely dissolved. After filing for bankruptcy, different parts of the company were auctioned off with Ubisoft acquiring THQ Montreal and publishing rights to South Park: The Stick of Truth, Crytek acquiring the publishing rights to the Homefront series, Volition Inc and the publishing rights for the Metro games were bought by Koch Media, and supposedly Platinum Games is taking an interest in Darksiders.

Bye bye THQ @};-

21. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Awe, loved some of their games.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    True, true.

My current laptop is a Mac (had to buy it for college) and it's now 7 years old and it's still running. Granted, I don't use it that often, I usually stick to my PC for my daily use, but other than the battery no longer holding a charge (I have to keep it plugged in all the time) and having to disable java script to view certain websites, the thing is a horse. It still runs the entire Adobe Creative Suite without a problem and it's still really fast. That's one of the reasons why I want to switch to a Mac for good - they seem to be more stable and far exceed the life span of a PC.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    THQ is gone? Wow, I guess humble bundle was a last ditch effort to try and save the company...

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I think the Humble Bundle was an attempt to raise money to help with their releases for Metro Last Light and Company of Heroes 2 since they had to delay the releases for them. Unfortunately I think that ended up backfiring as their last attempts to market themselves had the bankruptcy judge to have their company sold into pieces rather then one whole thing.

25. Nick of Time

Jan 15, 2013
    I've never played Portal and I just started Portal 2. How is this going to affect my experience?

Also, is there still an rpfchat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.