main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Darth Maul appear in the Sequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 26, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Don't worry guys, im sure Darth Maul will die sometime in TCW, so he sure won't be in Episode 7.

Krueger likes this.
  2. Chels

Chels Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2013
    I'm hoping he'll be gone for good soon enough. Even if "killing him off" in TPM was arguably premature, I agree that bringing him back in TCW undermined Obi-Wan beating him (and felt a bit out of left field to me, who didn't follow his EU material). Crossing my fingers that Maul's arc will come to an end sooner rather than later, and that they will let another unrelated baddie take the reigns for the ST. I truthfully wasn't all that crazy about Maul in the first place, so I guess that's probably a factor for me too.

3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    What is with all of this talk of bringing dead characters back? Is this the wishful thinking wagon or what?

Bringing him back in a kid's cartoon does NOT equal him being back in big-budget movies that are seeking credibility with a large audience, enough said right there. Darth Maul was cool, but he is dead, and I guarantee you it will stay that way.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    No... I'm pretty sure he'll be worm food, sarlaac food, or some other form of compost by the time period the Sequels are set...

5. Rancorrr

Rancorrr Jedi Padawan

Jan 18, 2013
    They'll need plenty of glue to get him back. :cool:

6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Lucas killed Maul off in the the prequels way too early as his character and more character development would have saved the first two films but bringing him back would be unnecessary. I think the cartoons should be separate from the films (as well as the books) but I like what they did in the cartoons as far as using Ventress to train another from Mauls race along with nightsisters using the dark side of the force to strengthen him - I could go for a scenario like that in the new films., in fact, the most entertaining episodes of The Clone Wars cartoon have been the episodes with Maul, his brother, nightsisters and Mandalorians fighting against jedi. The episodes hardest to watch or the ones I simply turn off are the ones with droids adventures, jedi youngling story arch's and other non sith/jedi related mumbo jumbo.

I'd like to see dark side of the force wielding Nightsisters (or another dark side witch cult), sword/jet pack wielding Mandalorians and as many sith as humanly possible in an all out war with jedi for the soul of the universe. Vaguely copy the formula that's been entertaining in TCW cartoon. They could bring in some even more sinister threat like a Plagueis who actually cheated death or "The Ones" who the Nightsisters worship. Who knows.....in either event I think the new films need a more serious threat to the galaxy and that means the films will have to be darker and explore the dark side more in order to validate the seriousness of the new threat. There needs to be a sense of urgency not just some rouge "dark jedi" or criminal organization. There needs to be an epic gathering of dark side of the force users. Total war. A darker series. Hell, even the video games get it right, not to mention the cartoon examples I gave:

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    No, he died in TPM and will not return. I happy he's back in the Clone Wars but he will die in that as well.

8. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
  9. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I love Darth Maul, he should have been used as the villain of AOTC and ROTS, but to me he died in TPM.

I wish they wouldn't have killed him off, but what's done is done.

10. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I doubt TCW will ever be considered cannon in the movies (the REAL and FINAL cannon)

That said, Mal died in TPM as well, but still came back in TCW. It will be an easy and simple thing for him to return in the ST as long as the higher ups at Lucasfilms and Disney say so.

11. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    He could be frozen in carbonite for the next 60 yrs or so. Then he would be really mad!

;)

Sitara likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hopefully. And I'd like Obi-Wan to be the one to do him in.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It will probably happen, but it will probably be Sidious that does it.

I agree with others that Maul was probably killed off too early in TPM, even though I like Obi-Wan. But he was dead then, and that should have been it... I didn't like him coming back on TCW. But as others have said, this will be moot anyway because he will most likely die (again, this time for real) on TCW; all well in advance of the ST timeline.

14. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Might be mentioned if its relevant to the plot (i.e. Plagueis), but other than that, I highly doubt an appearance.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Strongly doubt it. He'd be how old by then?

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Um....TCW is canon. It's apart of the real canon to, not G-canon, but still canon.

I don't understand this mentality of some, that when star wars material is not G-canon, that somehow makes it fake, or not real canon.

17. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not trying to rile up EU fans by undermining TCW's cannon status, but my understanding is if you only watch the movies then Darth Maul is dead at the end of TPM to all intents and purposes. Sure, he comes back in TCW and TCW is cannon--but I'm sure Maul will be (permanently) killed off again before the show is over and his temporary revival will be something you don't even know about unless you watch TCW.

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    He's alive after Episode IV, guys. :)

markdeez33 likes this.
  19. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    I doubt it. I doubt that he survives the Clone Wars Animated series.

20. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    It would be sweet if Maul is the only Sith to unlock the secret of immortality/cheating death: Unending hatred and desire for revenge.

So he keeps coming back intermittently over the entirety of Star Wars...say the next 100 years of the movies (hundreds of thousands of years of in movie time frame) Say, every couple of episodes or so.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  21. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Kenobi kills Maul but then Maul comes back in the cartoons.

Kenobi kills Vader in almost the same way but then Vader comes back as well.

Sitara likes this.
  22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

"It appears that obi-wan is a weak jedi, and yet yoda holds him in high esteme. Even count Dooku said that in Attack of the clones duel."

23. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    Hope I don't get kicked off the forum for this post...

Admittedly, I have not been watching the Clone Wars cartoons, though I will likely sit down and download them all at once when the series ends and take it all in over the course of a week somewhere between new and Episode VII launch date. I did see most of the Clone Wars movie, was decent and not bad. I wonder how they'll pull off stuff like... in the beginning of Ep. III, it was supposed to be the first time Anikan and Grevious meet face to face, I kinda question how stuff like that will go down in the cartoon series.

Its a question of is/will TCW be taken as canon leading up to Episode VII, and I do not mean that as an overt assault on anyone's orientation, but to bring Darth Maul back with robotic legs... that would be verycrumbcakes as in just not straight. It will hurt the ST's credibility, as there are far more casual fans that don't read every book, watch every TV show, and to bring buddy back from the dead like that will come off like a cheesy soap opera and will ruin the saga. It would be cheap, lame, and just flat out gay. Not that my opinion, or anyone else's opinion will make much of a difference, but I sincerely hope the makes of the movie do not go in that direction AT ALL. For that much, they might as well bring him back with a case of amnesia and let him fight along side the Jedi, and there could be an internal struggle once he regains his memories, and question his morality after spending time saving kittens under the guidance of Luke for so long.

It just... would kill the saga. It would be much more serving for him to be dead by the end of the TCW series. Anyone have an idea how many seasons the series is supposed to run?

Death T likes this.
  24. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    There's an entire planet with more men from Darth Mauls race which also has female witches who are knowlegable in the dark side. Don't need Maul, he was cut in half, use the witches (as they did in TCW) to help train a powerful new sith in collusion with some unkown aprrentence of another Sith. Ventress comes to mind (inTCW) she was a sith apprentece for a short time, and one of the witches.

25. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Hope not so see Maul, having that said, how'd you like my Niners? :) I almost had a heart attack, great game. On to the superbowl! Ugh..ya...Star Wars!