main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "If You Seek His Monument, Look Around You" - The Man of Steel and Announced Sequel Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh. :(

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Lexy Luthor?

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Maybe they just combined Chloe and Jimmy into one character?

4. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    If they pull this off well, maybe we'll hear less of "Well I just want it to be true to the source material!" argument to justify few women in comic book movies?

I don't care if Jimmy is a woman so long as she feels like Olsen and maintains that "kid" vibe in comparison to Lois and Clark. In fact, I kind of like the idea of Lois being potentially able to mentor a younger woman in the profession. It gives it a new depth. Jimmy has always looked up to Lois but now it becomes more, "help me understand how you got to the top as a woman" as opposed to "let me be like you."

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope that Henry Cavill doesn't experience the Superman Curse and ends up with a decent career. Brandon Routh's career hasn't really taken off yet.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It really went downhill for him when he lost is vegan powers.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's all Michael Cera's fault.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It occured to me that in the trailer he has a beard and later is cleanshaven. As silly as it may seem I would like to see the shaving scene. In an old comic(I think Burns) he explained that he used a reflective piece of his scrapped spaceship from Krypton to reflect heat vison to each hair

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Shocking no one, it's rated M for Money PG-13. The good news is they cite intense sci-fi action sequences, so he'll probably get to punch something!

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey, he punched Nuclear Man in Superman IV.

Or maybe just awkwardly wrestled him. I can't remember.

12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    He choked himself to death in Superman III. That has to be disturbing to a child. :p

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Am I a big pussy because the music to that trailer makes me want to tear up? Fine. FINE.

GenAntilles likes this.
  14. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    While I'm mentioning disturbing things; in Superman II, not only does Superman throw Zod to his death down a bottomless abyss, but he stands idly by and allows Non to commit involuntary suicide for comic relief, by way of the same bottomless pit. And then, he stands idly by and allows Lois to kill Ursa. And this is the role model for our kids? Sheesh!

:p

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah. This please. It's one thing to change the race of the character like they've done for Perry White. No issues there. But gender is a bit different. Like Lucy Lui as Watson for example. Those sometimes scream change for shock value and don't really add anything. On the other hand, if they replaced Jimmy Olsen with Chloe Sullivan, that would make more sense than 'Jenny Olsen'. I guess we'll see what happens.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I really didn't have a problem with Elementary making Watson a woman, my issue is more that Lucy Lui is a stiff and horrible actress IMO.:p

And I'd forgotten about Perry until you mentioned that. Laurance Fishbourne is a really good choice for the part if your going to make a change like that.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I fail to see how Jenny Olsen is any different from Jimmy Olsen.

[​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Though I know your joking but just to clarify there was a deleted scene where Zod, Ursa, and Non were arrested. Think it's in the Donner Cut. They basically slid down out of the Fortress and were arrested later. So no killing.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    This is true. Perhaps I'd be more fond of that idea were it a better actress. As to this one, don't know her so I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Also I doubt 'Jenny' will be a main character, secondary at most, but likely just above background.

21. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    The Donner cut is even worse, because in that cut, if there was ever any doubt that they survived the fall into the foggy abyss, Superman puts those doubts to rest by vaporizing the entire fortress with his heat vision, after he and Lois exit. [face_laugh] How Lex ever gets off the North Pole is not revealed on screen. :p But that their capture was supposed to be addressed in a deleted scene, I didn't know, and I stand corrected. :)

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Funny, I've got the box set version and in my version they are seen being loaded into a snowmobile jail thing by the police before that. How many different versions of Superman II are there?!

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If I can recover from the abject horror of Richard Pryor skiing off of a building in a Superman film, the MPAA has no reason to protect my sensitive heart from Man of Steel.

Darth_Invidious and GenAntilles like this.
  24. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Maybe it's actually from the original cut and I just forgot that it was there. It's been so long since I've seen the original cut, so I must have forgotten that scene.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't remember any such thing in the theatrical version.