main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Maestro Trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That is the beauty of him though, a dangerous non force user who in theory could be playing you without you even knowing it. Thrawn is THE powerhouse. The Sith would have been in danger if Thrawn had wanted their spot, however he wanted to fight not to rule. Only later is he forced to rule. But he is dangerous to the enemy and anyone in his way to the top. Thrawn is a brilliant enemy. Though I would love a Fel/Thrawn as the noble warrior protagonists against evil Moffs

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One true pairing. I don't know how I know that.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010

Oh great, here we go again :p

[​IMG]

I like Thrawn myself.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, that too. Basically I'm ok with Thrawn if he's not a terribly broken Mary Sue. It's as if Zahn forgot that Thrawn was defeated in the first book we saw him in.

5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    The only book I felt Thrawn really veered into that territory was Outbound Flight. We'd get occasional glimpses of what almost feels like super powers in TTT, but I didn't personally feel it was any more unbelievable than, say, Winter's crazy ability. I dislike it when the "noble" part of Thrawn is played up; in Heir to the Empire at least, he is not a nice guy, and he's better that way. He's supposed to be analogous to Vader, not to Luke.

I honestly can't remember Thrawn's part in Choices of One, though...

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey Tim, I didn't know you had an account here.

Could you do me a favorite and write a C'baoth novel? I'd buy that.

PS

No Thrawn.

cdgodin, fett 4, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Precisely what I dislike.

Darth_Martus likes this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    According to your profile, you are 30 and a meat popsicle. I am 24 and suggest a completely debauched and unnecessary fact-finding boondoggle. Quod erat demonstrandum.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You damn kids get off my lawn.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm fine with Thrawn in any of Zahn books but he is at his best in The Thrawn Trilogy. We need an enemy with an undefeatable persona that is different from Palpatine and Vader. Too insanely smart? Perhaps but that makes it all the more fun. I don't want a weak enemy. I want someone that can counter everything the good guys do.

Zeta1127 and instantdeath like this.
  11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Jesus, you're 24?? God, I am old.

RC-1991, Ulicus and Havac like this.
  12. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    More Mara is good per definition. And if It doesn't contain a dense Luke, I'll probably even like it. Then again, if he writes another novel with Luke so inapt that he doesn't seem able to bind his own shoelaces, then it's all for nothing.

13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I just want the Thrawn from Galaxy of Fear.

14. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    The title refers to Thrawn's enigmatic archnemesis (or possibly archrival): the Maestro, a brilliant commander who relies upon insights into species psychology but draws them from musical output rather than paintings and sculpture.

Possibly they were at school together.

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'd kill to see a battle between the two. It would be the ultimate clash of military intelligence: Maestro would be constantly ransacking Thrawn's record collection, the latter would be stealing the formers favorite paintings and decorations.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The interesting potential a Pre-TTT Thrawn Trilogy could have, actually, is if it explored that development in his character, from youthful OFP idealism to hardened HTTE resolve.

And Parnesius 's idea of Thrawn's archrival actually sounds like a nifty way to knock Thrawn down a peg and force him to rethink how he goes about his grand mission of galactic salvation.

instantdeath and Cronal like this.
  17. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I'm a HUGE fan of Zahn (He's my favourite SW author) and Thrawn is my favourite EU character. So yes, I would love for this trilogy to happen and I will pay for it now, before a word has been written.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Mara, Thrawn, Chiss, Fel... Sounds innovative!

Zeta1127, fett 4, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I was thinking an Estelle Costanza series would be good too.

krtmd likes this.
  20. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    A good point really. Such a novel would show a development and change in Thrawn's character so would be a nice thing to explore. Would so love another Chiss/Thrawn novel and more insight into them. Still also hoping for another novel set post Hand of Thrawn trilogy with that whole clone Thrawn working with a Skywalker thing :p Preferably perhaps even during the NJO to see the Empire of the Hand and Chiss during their fight against the Vong... don't think we will see it but one can dream...

Zorrixor likes this.
  21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    By paying less attention to art and more to music? Is that what hardens him? :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    No, no, he needs to grow up and stop with all that juvenile Chiss Pop, and mature into the refined tastes in art that we saw in HTTE. :p

Cronal and instantdeath like this.
  23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Great, now I'm picturing a young Thrawn as Andy Warhol. It fits much better than it has any right to.

cthugha likes this.
  24. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Might I point out that the actual focal point is Fel and not Thrawn...
    It would be interesting to get an entire Fel plot

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Some of the answers on this are not encouraging

Oh god not more Hand of Judgment how boring They were so generic that I swear Zahn stuck in different names and forgot some of them.

A Fel or a Chiss novel, in other words his own universe that has no relation to the Starwars universe but with a Stawars label on it!

The Vader/Mara one if you leave aside why Vader would need help, or that Zahn tends to write him as a chump compared to Mara, has the germ of a good idea and sounds the most interesting of the bunch, as its actually Stawars and connected to Starwars!

Darth_Martus likes this.