main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know if I read it in this thread or not, but I read that the tags only last three days or so, whereas the PMs will last until the person opens it. I guess that would only come into play with readers that only read fics on the weekend. They may miss some tags.

Okay, I just got a shock to my system. I have been working and working with my son to get his spanish grade up from a C-. The school sends me his grades everyday via email. So I look at the email today and he has an F in the class! I freak out and go to the school website to see how he went from a C- to an F in one day...and I can't find the F. So I go back to my email and I read it again and it was a C-...not an F. Where did I get that F?

I am going crazy. I'm seeing things.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That's so weird. :( How on earth does that get screwed up that way?

Day 20 of pneumonia and everything's closed today so have to wait until later in the week to go to the doctor's. I am really in the mood to go to this one pizza place uptown, but don't want to go on my own.

Just finished reading Tim Zahn's "Scoundrels."

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    My husband was at the local bookstore last week and looked for Scoundrels for me but didn't see it. Then yesterday, I had an email coupon for Barnes and Noble, 15% of one item. I was all geared up to get the book. I was excited.
    We head to OKC for a lunch and shopping trip. We're at lunch and my husband asks, "so...what were you planning to get with that coupon?"
    Now, he knows my passionate love for Timothy Zahn books, so I was immediately suspicious.
    Me: "Scoundrels..."
    Him: "Oh."
    Me: [sigh] "You ordered it online, didn't you?"
    Him: [innocent grin]

So I got the Essential Reader's Companion instead. And am impatiently awaiting my Zahn fix. But at least I get to look at pretty pictures in the meantime. Ha.

Iverna likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That is true, they do go away after a few days and as far as I know you can no longer see them.
    Also, I'm also pretty sure you can send PMs/convos to up to 10 people at a time and you can make groups so you would be able to make a list based on individual stories and send mass convos that way. (I'm not sure how many groups you can make.)

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    On the healthy/unhealthy front... Health is holding steady despite spending the night at my half-brother's, where strep, laryngitis, and mold/dust/dirt/dank flourished. Perhaps that hike up the mountain and back kicked my immune system into high gear, as after I slept that off, I'm feeling fine. Aside from the coughing.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand...

...of which I have absolutely nothing of any real value to add to. I just wanted to say that I'm not sick, yet. :p

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The kids had a snow day today, even though it didn't snow. It was just too cold to go outside. I told the kids this was a "Your Tauntaun will freeze before you get to the first marker" Day. It is only zero degrees, but we have gusty wind that is bringing to -20 degrees. I never had this problem in San Diego. o_O

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    We have snow ice and more of that nasty stuff here and the guys in Friesland (a province in the Netherlands) are talking about their 11 cities tour and driving all crazy. (Those who want to participate)

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's been oddly warm here the past few days - like around 0 degrees C. I'm not complaining because usually it's -20 to -30 this time of year.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Doctor's office opened up again today, so I got another opinion on this whole pneumonia thing and am picking up my new drugs in a few minutes. Please, God, let it work this time! And in other news, I called in sick for the day, so am wearing my sick outfit--My big pink sweater and my skirt that feels like I'm wearing a floor-length sweatshirt--and watching Bunheads on the couch.

Jedi_Lover and DaenaBenjen42 like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am crossing my fingers for you DarthIshtar. Good luck with the new meds. I hope you get better soon.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It was chilly today, and tonight we're to have wind chills in below-zero temperatures. Everyone is advised to bring their tauntauns indoors.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    *jealously hoards my nice weather*
    So this part of the country is good for something... :p

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, it was pretty cold here today, has been the past few days.

Even though this is now my second winter in New England people continue to warn me that it gets cold and it snows. I repeatedly tell them I'm used to it, I'm from West Virginia and no matter how much I tell them I lived almost 3,000 feet above sea level and it was cold and snowed a lot, all they can hear is that I'm from 'the south' and insist I don't know what its like.
    *facepalm*

14. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I had someone at college (in the DC area), upon finding out I was from Ohio, ask if I'd ever seen a city before.
    o_O
    People are insane.

Iverna and DarthIshtar like this.
  15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I know someone who lives in the Detroit area, and he constantly assumes that I've never been off the farm, when I've related my travel tales to him numerous times. I've seen the city, I've seen the ocean, I've seen the plains, and I've seen mountains. Just because I'm from Gettysburg doesn't mean that I live in some time warp.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've had some unbelievably stupid questions about living in Northern Canada. Once I got asked if there is snow 12 months of the year here. But I guess I don't help matters when I say yes and the sarcasm doesn't translate. And sadly, I have done some stereotypical Canadian things.

Iverna likes this.
  17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    When people find out that I'm from Boston, no matter where we are, it seems as though they always say "Wow, that's so far away!"

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've gotten that when I'd tell people I'm from Gettysburg. At CVI, I got a lot of responses like "You traveled pretty far!" Yeah. Three hours by plane. And most of it was spent in the terminal. :p

19. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Haha, I live in Ireland. SO many stereotypes. :p

20. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I hate it when I'm sarcastic and people don't get it, it's the worst! Also though, I literally just saw this on FB and you reminded me of it:

[​IMG]

Briannakin likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I had some stupid questions too.
    Do the Dutch walk on wooden shoes all day?

Iverna likes this.
  22. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Ah yes, the racial/cultural stereotypes . . .

BTW, I know karate. And judo. And kung-fu. And at least a dozen more dangerous-sounding words. :D

Iverna likes this.
  23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Well...do they? Or is it only when you are picking tulips or plugging dikes?

That was just a joke based on American stereotypes, just in case somebody thought I was serious. I've been to Holland. Cool place. I went to a tulip festival (I was a tourist after all) and this place that was like a bog, but there was a mat of vegetation above the water that you can actually walk on. It was like walking on a waterbed (for those younger people a waterbed was a 70's and 80's type of mattress you were probably conceived on).

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Being from West Virginia I must not wear shoes or have any teeth, grew up in a holler...it goes on and on.
    And now with the show 'Buckwild', it's already gotten worse.
    :rolleyes:

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    mavjade, you do play a banjo and drink moonshine, though, right? :p;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.