main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If anyone pre-ordered Twilight Symphony from ZREO, check your emails, because they're giving everyone their digital download right about now! I just downloaded mine.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How does it sound? I was just reading the FAQ and it's not a real orchestra. "We've formed our own unique style of blending live musicians with sampled elements to give our tracks a greater sense of realistic quality. Much of the choir in the album has been recorded live, along with over 100 other live elements recorded by our instrumental soloists."

I found this site: http://www.zreomusic.com/listen I sampled a few tracks. It's pretty good and I like the variety of tracks that they have. The wind in the background of their Gerudo Valley mix is a nice touch. I don't know. It's hard to beat a real orchestra. Man, I miss the Zelda Symphony of the Goddess tour. I want to see/hear it again live! I see that they will be in Oregon in March. I hope they come back to PA. I wish Nintendo would make a CD, but I read somewhere (maybe here) that they are just a gaming company. They need to partner with someone!

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    TiniTinyTony I think it sounds great. No, it's not an orchestra, but they still used a lot of live musicians and it sounds top notch. ZREO had always been good, but this is clearly their best.

What I'm looking forward to is the physical copy, since the album artwork is gorgeous.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You guys are going to make me go out and purchase this dammit. Too bad I missed the physical and artwork.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm waiting for it to turn up on iTunes but I've got a funny feeling that it might not be available outside the US region which would be a shame. Still need further info.

On the other hand, I have secured a copy of Hyrule Historia and be arriving at the end of the month and to bring in the start of February, I'll be at the Symphony of the Goddess. We need more Zelda! Might do another run through Skyward Sword.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Haven't ordered my HH yet- still hoping for solid details on that collectors edition

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The one I'm getting is the standard version. I just checked out on the Darkhorse site for the Collector's edition and doesn't really give much details apart from the hardback cover itself...Amazon is pretty much the same too though read that there were some cases where some people's order for the collector's edition were cancelled and makes me wonder if it has been sold out already. It would be nice to know what the differences are between the two editions.

EDIT: According to Nintendo-Gamer... the content remains the same, it's just the presentation that is different. If that is the case then I'm happy with what I've ordered. Also looks like Australia will be getting it on the 24th, a few days before the US.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I want the hardcover to go with my TP, ST and SS guides (one of these days I'll track down the HC version of PH's guide when I have the cash).

9. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    It may be a Deviantart fan comic, but this gave me chills:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

I especially like how the art style is somewhat reminiscent of the official art of the first NES Zelda game (i.e. the instruction manual).

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Aww, that is very sweet.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That is clever.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is sweet... and she sings the Ballad of the Goddess...

Now I want to go back and play Skyward Sword again!

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone have Hyrule Historia pre-ordered from Amazon like me? It's listed as Hardcover now which is pretty cool.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It seems the Limited Edition has been sold out by most retailers from pre-orders (damn!). Though one might still be able to get it from Nintendo World Store or a comic shop. Gonna have to try the latter before I resign myself to getting the standard one.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Wind Waker: Reborn and hints of the next Zelda title.

I think there be a lot of happy Zelda fans with that news, I wonder if TWW:R would have the content/locations that didn't make it in the original and more. With the next Zelda title for the Wii U, it sounds to me like they are trying to go back to the original Legend of Zelda game where there was no set direction/order about where to go and which dungeons to complete to progress.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hope so- that non-linear approach has been sorely lacking since OOT (though ALTTP was fairly linear, I think there was some degree of sequence breaking permissible).

I also hope we get the cut dungeons from TWW reinstated. That Triforce shard quest sucked.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I was about to say "at least there wasn't a water temple" when I realized the entire game is a water temple. :p

Still, the reborn version looks great. Maybe they'll make a way to cut down all the time spent sailing.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they would, outside of additional islands. The Wind Waker warp song is acquired early enough in the game (mid game) to make navigation quicker when you need it to most.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but the warp song isn't always great when going after Triforce shards and other collectibles. Still requires a lot of sailing.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thats why I'm hoping they drop the Triforce shard quest ;).

Even if they don't- that open world feel to the vast sea as you sail is part of the game's charm. I don't see them eliminating that unless they work in controls similar to the chart-your-path of Phantom Hourglass somehow (but that would seemingly disconnect the sailing from the wind... which would disconnect the overall theme of the game).

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I didn't mind the sailing so much. Maybe if they did it so that the boat sails more faster with the wind to make it a bit more quicker to get where you are going. I don't see them doing a complete overall of the sailing mechanics.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    True. What I'd really like is a diminishment of Tingle's role, but I know that's never gonna happen. Damn rupee-pincher.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ah... the gamepad screen can act as the Tingle Tuner! Forgot about that feature. I remember doing that with the original model GBA back in the day, it was annoying when the batteries ran out. I remember collecting all of the figures for that island too.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Woah! I had forgotten about that feature too- I don't think I used it much. That would be perfect for the Gamepad.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    As cool as this announcement is, though, I'd have preferred an announcement for Majora's Mask 3DS